HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Washington Capitals 2012 Prospect Poll #11 (Tiebreaker)

View Poll Results: Washington Capitals Prospect #11
Mattias Sjogren 8 38.10%
Brett Flemming 13 61.90%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

vCash: 500
Washington Capitals 2012 Prospect Poll #11 (Tiebreaker)

Reply with who you voted for, and who to add in Poll #13. I will be adding two new prospects in that poll. (Loser of this gets #12)

#1 - Evgeny Kuznetsov (61.11%)
#2 - Braden Holtby/Not Braden Holtby (55.17%)
#3 - Filip Forsberg (57.89%)
#4 - Stanislav Galiev (72.09%)
#5 - Tom Wilson (48.94%)
#6 - Patrick Wey (58.33%)
#7 - Cameron Schilling (80.65%)
#8 - Philipp Grubauer (45.45%)
#9 - Tomas Kundratek (41.94%)
#10 - Caleb Herbert (35.90%)
#11 -

Poll will end in 3 days.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:52 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Flemming/Barber

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:03 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Seriously, after our top 5, the list is just depressing.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Flemming. Add Hamill and Marshall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
For very few teams will this not be the case. And 6-8 all have a realistic shot at being career NHL players.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Flemming.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Eh, I dunno.

This poll sure is.

Add Wuthrich & Barber.

Last edited by Langway: 08-15-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:10 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
For very few teams will this not be the case. And 6-8 all have a realistic shot at being career NHL players.
I guess.

I'm moderately "high" on Schilling, while I think Wey is more like "Meh" and Groober is a complete tossup wildcard.

I think Barber is going to jump up these boards in the next couple years though.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Really don't get the people who are higher on Schilling than Wey. They performed at very similar levels during development camp and played well in shutdown roles on quality NCAA teams. But Wey is about two and a half years younger than Schilling, is bigger, and has displayed solid leadership and the ability to step up his game against higher level competition. There's a reason Wey made the WJC roster.

Don't really see much that Schlling does that I don't expect Wey to do better at his age.

Old
08-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Really don't get the people who are higher on Schilling than Wey. They performed at very similar levels during development camp and played well in shutdown roles on quality NCAA teams. But Wey is about two and a half years younger than Schilling, is bigger, and has displayed solid leadership and the ability to step up his game against higher level competition. There's a reason Wey made the WJC roster.

Don't really see much that Schlling does that I don't expect Wey to do better at his age.
I'm under the impression Schilling's skating is a decent amount better than Wey's. And that he has more offensive potential, whereas I don't expect Wey to contribute offensively at all.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:25 PM
jameswrjobe53

vCash: 492
Sjogren. Add Haar and Kostenko

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 05:19 PM
exwhaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
I'm under the impression Schilling's skating is a decent amount better than Wey's. And that he has more offensive potential, whereas I don't expect Wey to contribute offensively at all.
I don't see either one contributing offensively, and based on what little I saw at developmental camp, Wey's the better skater. Both are good solid defensive blueliner prospects with not much separating them other than age, but I also see Wey's ceiling as a second pairing version of Alzner.

Also, while the system feels shallow right now, part of that has to do with the fact that most of the Capitals' prospects are in an unfamiliar place--college, where it's a bit harder to get a read on a prospect than in juniors and the AHL.

That said, add Haar.

exwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 07:09 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:

I think people just prefer Schilling because he's knocking on the door now (if you take GMGM at his word), rather than a season or two from now. I don't think I do, but there's no set rule for how you weight the factors so why not?

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Wey put up good offensive numbers in the USHL before he went to Boston College (34 points in 58 games as a 17/18 year old).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
I think people just prefer Schilling because he's knocking on the door now (if you take GMGM at his word), rather than a season or two from now. I don't think I do, but there's no set rule for how you weight the factors so why not?
If Wey wasn't committed to BC for his senior year, I think he'd be neck and neck with Schilling.

Old
08-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Caps Crazy

Quote:
Wey put up good offensive numbers in the USHL before he went to Boston College (34 points in 58 games as a 17/18 year old).

Wey will be asked to take on a much bigger offensive role this season with BC early on as young, talented freshman get comfortable at the college level. He logged serious TOI last season on a team loaded with offense upfront and at the blue line. He was utilized as a shutdown pairing, top penalty kill pairing because that was the role he was needed to fill. Time in USHL, an all star as an 18 year old, suggests he will do just fine if asked to fill a PP role at the blueline. That will not be his role at the next level but he will be more then adequate in the offensive zone. Second in the last three seasons in +/- for the Eagles at
+44.

If Wey wasn't committed to BC for his senior year, I think he'd be neck and neck with Schilling.
Couldn't agree more with your comments...Wey is a lot closer then folks think to being ready for NHL caliber talent. He wants his degree. He looked very comfortable at Development Camp, as he should have as a 21 year old.

Caps Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote