HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Malkin two years before UFA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2012, 01:27 AM
  #126
Blitzburgh87*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Nope
Name one better? I would lump in Jagr with lemieux because they were in the same era. Crosby is better than a prime forsberg,sakic,maybe even yzerman but that's debatable.

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:39 AM
  #127
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by girouxisgod View Post
I get neal is a good winger......but hes playing with malkin. I could score 40 goals playing with malkin.
so you could score 27 goals in Dallas?? What are you doing here, superstar? Get out there!


Quote:
Same with crosby/dupuis (understand hes not a 40 goal scorer but if he was paired with anyone else hes a 4th liner) and giroux/hartnell
Dupuis just posted a career high in points with 59 and goals with 25 playing 90% of the time without Crosby or Malkin and 0 power play time.

I understand you're trying to argue a point but you really have no clue what you're talking about. I'm sure thats not the first time you've heard that, either.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:00 AM
  #128
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Name one better? I would lump in Jagr with lemieux because they were in the same era. Crosby is better than a prime forsberg,sakic,maybe even yzerman but that's debatable.
Forsberg in his prime was better. For that whole season he was healthy in his prime. But I guess I'll take Malkin here. Crosby is the best player to be the second best player on his team though. There's always that.

Imlach a cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:19 AM
  #129
Blitzburgh87*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 500
Forsberg is not as good as Crosby look at the stats. There is no way you can say he was better because he wasn't. Crosby Has NEVER once finished under a PPG. Crosby's peak>Forsberg's
And he honestly hasn't peaked yet. He's a step above yzerman,sakic,forsberg.

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:21 AM
  #130
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Forsberg is not as good as Crosby look at the stats. There is no way you can say he was better because he wasn't. Crosby Has NEVER once finished under a PPG. Crosby's peak>Forsberg's
And he honestly hasn't peaked yet. He's a step above yzerman,sakic,forsberg.
And a step behind Malkin.

Imlach a cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:28 AM
  #131
Blitzburgh87*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 500
Still failing to see your argument?

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:31 AM
  #132
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Still failing to see your argument?
Is that a question? Or a statement that is spoken as if it was a question? You know where your voice goes up at the end for no reason.

If you were to draft the league today Crosby goes like 5-10 and Malkin is the first overall.

Imlach a cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 04:36 AM
  #133
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,223
vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Is that a question? Or a statement that is spoken as if it was a question? You know where your voice goes up at the end for no reason.

If you were to draft the league today Crosby goes like 5-10 and Malkin is the first overall.
no.

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:21 AM
  #134
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 69,143
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
I love all the Pens fans saying he'll never leave... he'll take a big discount to say etc.

Hasn't Sports talked you anything? everyone is a "yes man" until they aren't.
Depends what you mean by Discount.

He'll take the same as Crosby.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:07 AM
  #135
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
I love all the Pens fans saying he'll never leave... he'll take a big discount to say etc.

Hasn't Sports talked you anything? everyone is a "yes man" until they aren't.
Let me ask you and everyone who thinks he will leave a question?

What has he done or said to hint that he wants out? It's all opinion and speculation by people that don't want him on the Penguins and you guys tell Penguins fans they're wrong for thinking Malkin will stay?

"I shouldn't make more money than Sidney Crosby".

"I hope they sign me, too".

"I want to stay in Pittsburgh"

"I like Penguins hockey, Penguins organization and fans".

What more do you guys need, he makes $8.7M, if he thinks he shouldn't make more than Crosby he will take that same amount of money. He's not a 2C, Him and Crosby are more like 1a and 1b centers. Malkin still gets quality minutes. As for wingers? He has the best winger on our team, a pretty good one in James Neal.

He has also said that he doesn't mind playing 2nd line center behind Crosby, he believes Crosby is a better player than him, he doesn't want the spotlight.

So... Why exactly should he want to leave again?

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:11 AM
  #136
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,029
vCash: 500
The Pens will sign him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:24 AM
  #137
BigAndy32
Registered User
 
BigAndy32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Brunswick, Canad
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
Should he? Probably, his individual accolades would be phenomenal if he was given 1st line wings and minutes 100% of the time.

Will he? No.
This just made me laugh ....

1. His TOI last season was 21:01 ... Giroux was 21.32 and Stammer was 22:01. I think he's getting first line minutes . Even with Sid there ... get gets an average around 21 mins/game

2. First line wingers? I think Neal fits the bill for that one. I doubt another team can get him that kind of winger while paying him the money he'll be getting.

So yeah, his situation will be way better here in Pittsburgh

BigAndy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:27 AM
  #138
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,169
vCash: 500

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:32 AM
  #139
BigAndy32
Registered User
 
BigAndy32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Brunswick, Canad
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Let me ask you and everyone who thinks he will leave a question?

What has he done or said to hint that he wants out? It's all opinion and speculation by people that don't want him on the Penguins and you guys tell Penguins fans they're wrong for thinking Malkin will stay?

"I shouldn't make more money than Sidney Crosby".

"I hope they sign me, too".

"I want to stay in Pittsburgh"

"I like Penguins hockey, Penguins organization and fans".

What more do you guys need, he makes $8.7M, if he thinks he shouldn't make more than Crosby he will take that same amount of money. He's not a 2C, Him and Crosby are more like 1a and 1b centers. Malkin still gets quality minutes. As for wingers? He has the best winger on our team, a pretty good one in James Neal.

He has also said that he doesn't mind playing 2nd line center behind Crosby, he believes Crosby is a better player than him, he doesn't want the spotlight.

So... Why exactly should he want to leave again?
This!

BigAndy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:46 AM
  #140
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma
 
Beauner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
This thread can be summed up by three specific types of posts:


1) Pens fans saying he won't leave (with pretty good reasons and quotes backing them up)

2) Other teams' fans saying "but remember Staal!? You can't know for sure!"

3) Some guy who apparently thinks Crosby isn't anything special. I wonder if Alex Semin joined HF?

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:37 AM
  #141
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,227
vCash: 873
do I expect Malkin to leave? No.

Is it possible that he leaves? Yes. But I do not believe the Pens are in position to allow that to happen due to the uncertainty regarding the future health of Crosby.

One more hit could end Sid and having that Malkin back up insures continued competitiveness for the Pens.

Pens do not let him leave without a major offer on the table.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:34 PM
  #142
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce
 
Tasty Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach6668 View Post
He DID win a Conn Smythe with a healthy Sid, don't see why he couldn't win the Hart or Art Ross with a healthy Sid. He's that good.
Already won an Art Ross with Crosby in for most of the lineup that same year. But some people still think Crosby in the lineup is some sort of detriment to Malkin's point production.

Tasty Biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:18 PM
  #143
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
Already won an Art Ross with Crosby in for most of the lineup that same year. But some people still think Crosby in the lineup is some sort of detriment to Malkin's point production.
But doesn't Malkin have higher ppg when Crosby is out?

IIRC it was like that at least year ago or something.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:04 PM
  #144
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
But doesn't Malkin have higher ppg when Crosby is out?

IIRC it was like that at least year ago or something.
well Malkin's game as really gone up this year when Crosby was out so thats likely the case. However, anyone who follows the penguins knows that the reason he had an amazing season this year was because he worked his tail off in the off season and finally had some talent to play with. Not because that pesky sid finally got out of his way.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:09 PM
  #145
nwpensfan
Registered User
 
nwpensfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The 14th Tee
Country: United States
Posts: 2,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
do I expect Malkin to leave? No.

Is it possible that he leaves? Yes. But I do not believe the Pens are in position to allow that to happen due to the uncertainty regarding the future health of Crosby.

One more hit could end Sid and having that Malkin back up insures continued competitiveness for the Pens.

Pens do not let him leave without a major offer on the table.
I think this is a post most non-Pens fans should understand even if they don't get that Malkin does not mind being 1B!!

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:13 PM
  #146
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,540
vCash: 700
Malkin is coming to the Habs for the most money possible under the new CBA.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:14 PM
  #147
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,420
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyOwnsYou View Post
This just made me laugh ....

1. His TOI last season was 21:01 ... Giroux was 21.32 and Stammer was 22:01. I think he's getting first line minutes . Even with Sid there ... get gets an average around 21 mins/game

2. First line wingers? I think Neal fits the bill for that one. I doubt another team can get him that kind of winger while paying him the money he'll be getting.

So yeah, his situation will be way better here in Pittsburgh
I agree Malkin will most likely not leave, but the bolded is just wrong.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:18 PM
  #148
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
its pretty simple. We'll be able to pay him as much as anybody. We are well under the cap right now, we only really have Letang to sign in the same summer, and we have enough prospect defensemen to fill our D-core with ELC's for a while.

What makes people think we won't be able to afford him?

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:18 PM
  #149
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I agree Malkin will most likely not leave, but the bolded is just wrong.
I think you are perfectly right.

That statement is just flat out ridiculous. Your team can easily do that and so can about a half a dozen others that I can think of and that is off the top of my head.

Besides, while Malkin and Crosby are the two greatest centermen in the league hands down but after that the Pens aren't any better than any of the other top 10 and not as good as a couple.

Love the Pens but they still need some help to reach the cup, so does everyone else though....

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:26 PM
  #150
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
well Malkin's game as really gone up this year when Crosby was out so thats likely the case. However, anyone who follows the penguins knows that the reason he had an amazing season this year was because he worked his tail off in the off season and finally had some talent to play with. Not because that pesky sid finally got out of his way.
No no I'm not saying that. I too think that Malkin would have had very good season even if Crosby had played all the way.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.