HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Old
08-07-2012, 09:06 AM
RampageNate

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Just over 2 months away...tons of questions yet to be answered.

Discuss and have fun...

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Thanks, based on the expected players so far, whats the lineup going to look like?

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 01:11 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Thanks, based on the expected players so far, whats the lineup going to look like?
I think it all depends on whether Wellman and/or Howden make the Panthers out of camp. (Lockout withstanding)

Could be:

Howden/Wellman/Rallo
Jacques/Deveaux/Rheault
Shore/Timmins/Wright
Selleck/Luciani/Hazen
Vaive

Caruso/Yonkman
Petrovic/Robak
DeSantis/McFadden

DGM/Markstrom

Desperately need another D and another scorer.

Old
08-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Nickel View Post
I think it all depends on whether Wellman and/or Howden make the Panthers out of camp. (Lockout withstanding)

Could be:

Howden/Wellman/Rallo
Jacques/Deveaux/Rheault
Shore/Timmins/Wright
Selleck/Luciani/Hazen
Vaive

Caruso/Yonkman
Petrovic/Robak
DeSantis/McFadden

DGM/Markstrom

Desperately need another D and another scorer.
Interesting. I thought Deveaux was a RW though? I would probably swap him and Rallo right now. And it seems that you dont think either of Pacan or G. Wilson are expected there huh? Your 4th line seems really small to me and I dont think they would be very effective (plus didnt think Luciani was a center). I'd consider putting either Shore or Wright at center on that 4th line (more likely Shore since he's the rookie).

One thing to keep in mind, the Panthers have 8 d-men signed to 1 way deals next yr...I wouldnt be surprised though to possibly see Strachan sent back temporarily to San Antonio so that solves your need for another D. And who knows what they do with Santorelli also, even though he's on the last yr of his 1-way deal for $1.6M. Maybe they send him down and there's your other scorer. If not, maybe a trade happens to get another scorer for the Rampage with Santorelli going out. So I guess there is some patience needed all around.

Old
08-07-2012, 02:11 PM
RampageNate

Yes, my fourth line is a mess. Id hate to waste Shore on that line but thats the logical move. Deveaux is listed as a center and Rallo played almost exclusively on the wing last year, so thats where that logic came from.

I expect injuries and attrition for both the Rampage and Panthers which is why i feel another D and scorer are so important. None of the ECHL kiss really impressed me last year.

Old
08-07-2012, 05:24 PM
jol

So Panthers and Rampage have a deal for next season? Lockout looming, where to send all youngsters, Gudbranson, Markstrom etc.

JOL

jol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 05:37 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
So Panthers and Rampage have a deal for next season? Lockout looming, where to send all youngsters, Gudbranson, Markstrom etc.

JOL
Yes, they have a deal.

From what I understand, Gudbranson is the only panther that would be eligible to play in the AHL in the event there is a lockout.

I expect Markstrom to be here all season, barring injury, and .play about 65% of the games

Old
08-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Coolburn

Quote:
Yes, they have a deal.

From what I understand, Gudbranson is the only panther that would be eligible to play in the AHL in the event there is a lockout.

I expect Markstrom to be here all season, barring injury, and .play about 65% of the games
Well that may not necessarily be true. Apparently the deal between the NHL and CHL has expired also so that means "technically" a 19 yr old prospect like Huberdeau "could" be in the AHL. I highly doubt the 2 leagues dont agree to a new deal but just saying, that agreement could be changed to allow some players that would've been in the NHL this season to play in the AHL. I dont know but its worth mentioning anyway that there could be changes to the agreement and that would impact the Rampage potentially.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:43 AM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
We had Weiss during the last lockout, although I do not know what would happen this time around. I do like the lines DN came up with.

All we can do if keep our fingers crossed and hope that there will be no lockout.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
We had Weiss during the last lockout, although I do not know what would happen this time around. I do like the lines DN came up with.

All we can do if keep our fingers crossed and hope that there will be no lockout.
You also had Bouwmeester, and we all should have taken heed at the warning that provided us, since he played like crap because he didn't want to be there.

08-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Coolburn

Oh someone I kinda forgot but I still think the org is high on McFarland so I would expect him to get playing time in the AHL. With his speed, I could see him getting ice time with San Antonio. He may never develop into an NHL player but I'm pretty sure that he will be a solid AHLer.

Old
08-10-2012, 03:48 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Oh someone I kinda forgot but I still think the org is high on McFarland so I would expect him to get playing time in the AHL. With his speed, I could see him getting ice time with San Antonio. He may never develop into an NHL player but I'm pretty sure that he will be a solid AHLer.
Yeah, McFarland should make the Rampage roster this season as he is 20 now and has 4 seasons of OHL under his belt. He will add some scoring at RW.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 08:03 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
You also had Bouwmeester, and we all should have taken heed at the warning that provided us, since he played like crap because he didn't want to be there.
He, Weiss and maybe somebody else were loaned to Chicago later on during the season, I believe.

JOL

Old
08-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Quote:
He, Weiss and maybe somebody else were loaned to Chicago later on during the season, I believe.

JOL
Just those two were "loaned" to the Chicago Wolves. Horton was also here during that lockout.

Chicago Wolves article from then

Theahl.com article from 2005 on the "loan"

Last edited by Jessica: 08-11-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old
08-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Acadmus

Quote:

JOL
They were, to gain playoff experience. Which they couldn't get in San Antonio because Keenan had sabotaged the team to sever the affiliation agreement and destroy the Panthers' development system, such that it was.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Can youi guys give me any info on Rasmus Bengtsson?

08-13-2012, 07:04 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Can youi guys give me any info on Rasmus Bengtsson?
Might want to ask in the prospects thread. Us Rampage fans have no idea and might not for quite a while, if ever.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:27 PM
TurboBrick

Well the schedule is out.... WTH is that Tuesday, 10:30 AM game in November about? Spurs playing that night and they just couldn't cram it in anywhere else?

TurboBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 05:29 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBrick View Post
Well the schedule is out.... WTH is that Tuesday, 10:30 AM game in November about? Spurs playing that night and they just couldn't cram it in anywhere else?
School kids game. A lot of AHL teams do them and the rampage saw how successful they are so they followed suot either last season or the season before. I hate them personally.

Old
08-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Kate

Quote:
School kids game. A lot of AHL teams do them and the rampage saw how successful they are so they followed suot either last season or the season before. I hate them personally.
Do you really? Maybe i remember you saying that in the past. i really enjoy those games. it's a great way to introduce the sport in an unconventional market. little kids turn into big hockey fans.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:05 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Do you really? Maybe i remember you saying that in the past. i really enjoy those games. it's a great way to introduce the sport in an unconventional market. little kids turn into big hockey fans.
If the 9000 unsupervised kids actually cared about the game, I might agree. But to them, its a day off from school. Nothing more. And the teachers sole mission, it seems, is to do as much socializing and as little supervising possible.

Now get off my lawn. :-)

Old
08-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Have to remind myself to bring my headphones to that game, to listen to my music during the game. Need some way to drown out the high pitched screams of the kids.

Old
08-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
SO, if theres a lockout who can play with San Antonio? Gudbranson? Kulikov? Matthias?

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
SO, if theres a lockout who can play with San Antonio? Gudbranson? Kulikov? Matthias?
Using various sources around the net and chatting with Rampage PBP guy, Dan Weiss, and assuming they follow the same ROE as 2004, waivers won't exist so any player that would require waivers cannot be sent down. Also, the CHL age limit is expected to be honored, though thats ties to the CBA, so im not sure how that would work.

Guds, yes.
Kulikov would have to sign and not head to the KHL.
Not sure on Matthias. Is he waiver exempt?

OKC will be absolutely stacked.

Old
08-23-2012, 06:48 AM
jol

Quote:
Using various sources around the net and chatting with Rampage PBP guy, Dan Weiss, and assuming they follow the same ROE as 2004, waivers won't exist so any player that would require waivers cannot be sent down. Also, the CHL age limit is expected to be honored, though thats ties to the CBA, so im not sure how that would work.

Guds, yes.
Kulikov would have to sign and not head to the KHL.
Not sure on Matthias. Is he waiver exempt?

OKC will be absolutely stacked.
So Huberdeau goes back to juniors and if lockout is short, he's stuck there till next season or is there some kind of emergency call up?

JOL