HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kadri To Penguins

Old
08-19-2012, 12:51 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
So the person that claimed he watched Kadri "tons" last season doesn't have an answer.
Over the last several pages, the adult Leaf fans have weighed in on Kadri's issues, I suggest you stop posting and read what they are trying to tell you.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 12:51 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
He isn't working on core strength with Roberts.
Umm, how do we know what he is and isnt working on with Roberts?

Did i miss something?

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 12:53 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Umm, how do we know what he is and isnt working on with Roberts?

Did i miss something?
Diet and Legs. Roberts called Kadri.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 12:56 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Over the last several pages, the adult Leaf fans have weighed in on Kadri's issues, I suggest you stop posting and read what they are trying to tell you.
I suggest you answer one simple question posed to you, you stated there was an issue with Kadri's board play and also stated you have watched Kadri "tons" last season. So any time you're ready.

Old
08-19-2012, 01:02 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Diet and Legs. Roberts called Kadri.
And so are they doing explosive leg lifts 7 days a week, or do you not think theres other goals in place as well?

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 01:03 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
And so are they doing explosive leg lifts 7 days a week, or do you not think theres other goals in place as well?
Nope.

Old
08-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
I suggest you answer one simple question posed to you, you stated there was an issue with Kadri's board play and also stated you have watched Kadri "tons" last season. So any time you're ready.
Leaf nation had to come in here and educate you about a prospect you seemed misinformed about. You can always count on Leaf fans to set their own straight.

I know you appreciate my help in all of this bro and my work here is done.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 01:07 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Leaf nation had to come in here and educate you about a prospect you seemed misinformed about. You can always count on Leaf fans to set their own straight.

I know you appreciate my help in all of this bro and my work here is done.
Yup, no answer. Bro.

Old
08-19-2012, 01:11 AM
JackJ

Kadri should be playing center anyhow.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 01:32 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
Kadri should be playing center anyhow.
I agree, but let him earn that slot back one step at a time.

Old
08-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Sypher04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I think Joe Morrow and Simon Despres have a good shot at being better players over-time, they're certainly top prospects.
I'm a Pens fan and a Leafs fan, and I certainly agree. Kadri is a good prospect, and I'll defend that position with anyone who questions it, but I don't honestly believe the average Leafs fan has much clue about the Pens prospect pool. And that isn't meant as a slight by any means. That's just the way it typically works. If you don't have a definite interest in the team, odds are you aren't that in tune with the quality of their farm system. There are of course exceptions.

As for the OP. I say no from both sides. Pittsburgh isn't likely to give up something that helps the Leafs right now or provides a futures improvement on Naz. The Pens really don't need Naz anyway. The Pens need an established top 6 winger; but more than anything the they need to stabilize the D. Shero has done a nice job stocking the cupboards to allow a steady flow of talent on the backend the over the coming years, likely starting with Despres this year, and perhaps even Morrow as well.

Sypher04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:23 PM
McVespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSoH View Post
The leafs shouldn't give up on Kadri.

From what i have seen this kid was dicked around so hard, coming out of junior he was small and speedy which led him to success, but Brian Burke wanted truculence forcing the kid to put on weight which made him lose his best asset his shiftiness.

On top of that when the kid was up why did the leafs never give him a top 6 role? Consistently putting him on the 3rd line with grinders who can't finish and expecting him to put up points was stupid, and on top of that it was up and down with this guy.

He can still turn into a 60p player I believe, he just needs a top 6 role and a chance to be able to produce, stop with all this Truculence crap and let the kid lose some muscle and regain his speed, its insane to call him a bust.

As an Oil fan I heard all the same arguements about Omark and Rob Schremp. The fact is they were both not good enough. Or not motivated enough. I get the same smell from Kadri.

McVespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
As an Oil fan I heard all the same arguements about Omark and Rob Schremp. The fact is they were both not good enough. Or not motivated enough. I get the same smell from Kadri.
And I get the same smell for Paajarvi. Bust, right?

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:31 PM
McVespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
And I get the same smell for Paajarvi. Bust, right?
Yup. No hands. Solid 3rd line winger. No more.

Last edited by McVespa99: 08-20-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: add
McVespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Heista18*

No chance. Naz the kid would be a 70 point player with crosby or malkin. That kids a legitimate threat, in which all doubters will realize in due time.

Heista18* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
That's a new one. Kadri would produce if he was with the best center in the league? Wouldn't it say more about a player if he could produce -without- being carried by said best center?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Heista18*

Don't look into it too hard sojourn. The kid would produce on any line. He's a nasty playmaker who makes those around him better. Some of his looks and vision plays are truly elite. Whether he can improve his defensive game will decide whether or not he'll be a complete package.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
That's a new one. Kadri would produce if he was with the best center in the league? Wouldn't it say more about a player if he could produce -without- being carried by said best center?
Produce is a pretty broad term, be more specific.

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heista18 View Post
No chance. Naz the kid would be a 70 point player with crosby or malkin. That kids a legitimate threat, in which all doubters will realize in due time.
What an odd bump. 4+ months after the fact.

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Heista18*

It's a forum and an idea. If that bothers you...

Old
01-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heista18 View Post
It's a forum and an idea. If that bothers you...
Doesn't bother me, I just don't know how much new ground there is to cover here. Have there been any recent developments with Kadri or the Penguins that would change how people felt the last time around?

Old
01-03-2013, 10:18 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
To Toronto:
Brandon Sutter

To Pittsburgh:
Kadri
3rd or 4th round pick
If they could make Sutter work his way into their lineup it would be a great start

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:09 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I'd be more interested from Leafs fans on what it would realistically cost to get:

one of either MacArthur or Kulemin
possibly Biggs

When I say realistically, I'm not talking about give up the world for Kaberle proposals

I think Tangradi would be a great fit in Toronto for starters. Burke originally drafted him. He's never going to get a shot while Bylsma's the coach since he treats young players breaking in like Hitchcock did in CBJ. If JvR sticks at center, Tangradi could definitely be an interesting winger on that line. I'd hate to trade him but Bylsma will always have the likes of Craig Adams and other players who played like himself ahead of him and other young guys breaking in on the depth chart.
Sutter would be a great starting point, even if Leaf fans dont think they need a 3C. He's a great player, be well worth acquiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Firstly, thank you to Pens fans for actually giving some of our players a bit of respect. It is so rare I read this thread in disbelief.

As you have seen generally our fans arent that warm to the idea of moving Kadri because we are afriad of watching him break out on another team after we have been patiently waiting for him to develop.

A quick look at your roster I saw two players I thought were plausable to aquire, but unlikely, that would be of great use to us.

Vokoun: just signed and would be pretty cheesy to trade him without him ever playing a game for you. Also has a modified NTC the terms of which I do not know.

Sutter: Absolutely the type of player we need but one Pens fans would hate to part with.

I could see us offering a decent package for Sutter but our management would be reluctant to part with forward prospects. The Leafs would easily offer CMac+ for him but as stated you are very deep in D prospects yourself. Best deal I can see is CMac and Bozak or Lombardi and a pick. Not sure you guys would go for that though. Really speaking the two teams do not seem like natural trading partners but the tone of this thread is much appreciated.
Agree with the Sutter quote, guy has great NHL skill, toughness but very disciplined, great PK guy, solid up the middle, can play offensive role but his defense is his biggest asset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I like Kadri but I just don't think he's what the Pens need. IMO it will take some time for him to find his game but I do think of him as a center and not a winger.

As a Pens fan I would really hope that a deal can be struck for Kulemin. He would fit Malkins LW as Kunitz moves up to play with Sid.

Whats the asking price on him? Is Despres enough? Mobile, top 4 defenseman that is NHL ready.
Forget Despres or any prospect, look to a guy like Sutter

Old
01-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Sutter would be a great starting point, even if Leaf fans dont think they need a 3C. He's a great player, be well worth acquiring.

Agree with the Sutter quote, guy has great NHL skill, toughness but very disciplined, great PK guy, solid up the middle, can play offensive role but his defense is his biggest asset.

Forget Despres or any prospect, look to a guy like Sutter
Why would you think Sutter is even remotely available?

Shero traded for Sutter because he wanted to maintain his depth down the middle and replace a lot of what Staal brought as a 3rd line center. He's not going to deal him period, let alone for an unproven prospect. That's a pipe dream.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:13 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Why would you think Sutter is even remotely available?

Shero traded for Sutter because he wanted to maintain his depth down the middle and replace a lot of what Staal brought as a 3rd line center. He's not going to deal him period, let alone for an unproven prospect. That's a pipe dream.
When did I say he was available?!

Better yet, when did this site become the defining of point of who is and who isnt available?! Bet a lot of people didnt think Mike Richards was available until Philly dealt him two offseasons ago.

If Shero really thought that adding Kulemin would help load his top two lines after seeing the chemistry him and Gino have had in the KHL, are you absolutely positive he wouldnt trade Sutter?

This is a fantasy board filled with thoughts of many different people cheering for many different fanbases. Suggest that Crosby or Malkin are untouchables no problem, but get a grip on reality, all players get traded, even Gretzky, Ray Bourque, Patrick Roy, et al.