HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas - Pittsburgh

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2012, 01:34 PM
  #26
tony d
ATD 2015
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,613
vCash: 500
Good for deal for both teams IMO. Morrow's veteran grit would be great for Pittsburgh.

__________________
tony d is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 01:41 PM
  #27
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,792
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Sold. Pretty much what we'd want for Morrow. Veteran third liner and a pick.

Frozen Failure is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 02:51 PM
  #28
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Sold. Pretty much what we'd want for Morrow. Veteran third liner and a pick.
isn't that what Morrow is?

DoctrSteveBrule is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 02:56 PM
  #29
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
isn't that what Morrow is?
Would he be in Pitt, or would he be penciled in the top 6?

Essentially that is what Dallas would want, somebody to fill the role he would vacate plus a little bit more because of his potential for a decent bounceback season/leadership/presence in the playoffs

Mr Misty is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 02:58 PM
  #30
SlyGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFish87 View Post
change 1st rd pick to 2nd rd pick

done and done
This.

SlyGuy is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 03:13 PM
  #31
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,792
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
isn't that what Morrow is?
In my opinion, Morrow either plays top 6 minutes where he can score, or he gets 4th line minutes and PP time here in Dallas, as I don't think he's capable of playing a 3rd line shutdown role due to his inability to keep up with that sort of pace.

I'd take a 2nd, but we'd also like a 5th.

e: And Morrow is too expensive for a fourth line + PP time role.


Last edited by Frozen Failure: 08-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Frozen Failure is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 03:29 PM
  #32
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Done deal, I love Morrow he's a good leader and a good power forward.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 03:56 PM
  #33
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
In my opinion, Morrow either plays top 6 minutes where he can score, or he gets 4th line minutes and PP time here in Dallas, as I don't think he's capable of playing a 3rd line shutdown role due to his inability to keep up with that sort of pace.

I'd take a 2nd, but we'd also like a 5th.

e: And Morrow is too expensive for a fourth line + PP time role.
Why does it matter that he's too expensive for a 4th line role? I've seen that excuse all over the Stars' board.

We've got money to burn, don't see why it matters.

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 04:55 PM
  #34
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Why does it matter that he's too expensive for a 4th line role? I've seen that excuse all over the Stars' board.

We've got money to burn, don't see why it matters.
Exactly right and only for 1 season anyway

Mr Misty is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 05:38 PM
  #35
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
No way in hell Shero trade Kennedy and ANYTHING for Morrow.

Stop this 1st round pick talk. He's overpaid, old and underperforms. A 1st round pick is way too much alone, including Kennedy turns it into robbery. When is the last time Shero got flossed in a trade like he would be here?

DoctrSteveBrule is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 05:53 PM
  #36
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
No way in hell Shero trade Kennedy and ANYTHING for Morrow.

Stop this 1st round pick talk. He's overpaid, old and underperforms. A 1st round pick is way too much alone, including Kennedy turns it into robbery. When is the last time Shero got flossed in a trade like he would be here?
He hit your baby with a puck or something?

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 06:10 PM
  #37
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
He hit your baby with a puck or something?
I was walking behind him once and he spit gum on the ground and I stepped right on it.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 08:51 PM
  #38
SIDGENO8771
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
I would do it if there is an NHL season ths year.

SIDGENO8771 is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:13 PM
  #39
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,244
vCash: 500
Sold.

Quote:
Why does it matter that he's too expensive for a 4th line role? I've seen that excuse all over the Stars' board.

We've got money to burn, don't see why it matters.
He's too damn slow to be an effective bottom 6er IMO, and I imagine that's what FF was referring to. Not to mention the whole removing of the failed leadership thing.

We'll see next season though.

MetalGodAOD is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:14 PM
  #40
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Sold.



He's too damn slow to be an effective bottom 6er IMO, and I imagine that's what FF was referring to. Not to mention the whole removing of the failed leadership thing.

We'll see next season though.
I agree that he's not a bottom 6er, but money shouldn't be an issue at all.

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
08-11-2012, 12:16 AM
  #41
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 15,366
vCash: 500
I'd do it for a Kennedy and a 2nd, probably. I'm not very comfortable giving up a first regardless of where it's at, given Morrow's age and his injury issues and production last year.

I'll even throw in a Ben Lovejoy as a good will gesture.

Zen Arcade is online now  
Old
08-20-2012, 06:47 PM
  #42
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 44,844
vCash: 500
Tyler Kennedy for Brenden Morrow

Pens get Morrow in the hopes that his injuries are behind him and he can be rekindled playing with one of Sid/Geno, Stars get a player who can thrive in a 3rd line puck-pursuit role.

Stars save cash while moving a poor fit for the 3rd line, the Pens move Kennedy to make room for Tangradi (and get bigger, cheaper) in the bottom 6.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 06:50 PM
  #43
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Kennedy is too valuable to Pits 3rd line. They would move Cooke well before Kennedy.

How about Orpik for Morrow? Stars need top pairing dmen more than 3rd line forwards.

Puckgenius* is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 06:53 PM
  #44
Zbynek
Registered User
 
Zbynek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Country: Portugal
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244163

Zbynek is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
  #45
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 44,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Kennedy is too valuable to Pits 3rd line. They would move Cooke well before Kennedy.

How about Orpik for Morrow? Stars need top pairing dmen more than 3rd line forwards.
No and no. Cooke is a major component of the Pens' PK, and one of their more prolific hitters. He's more important to the team than TK because of his versatility.

Orpik's not on the table for Morrow, especially after the Michalek trade.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 06:57 PM
  #46
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 44,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
Dayum, didn't even see that. Wouldn't think of adding a high pick to TK though.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
  #47
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
No and no. Cooke is a major component of the Pens' PK, and one of their more prolific hitters. He's more important to the team than TK because of his versatility.

Orpik's not on the table for Morrow, especially after the Michalek trade.
If Stars added Fistric to the deal I think Pens would consider. Fistric is a young Orpik and Orpik is getting up there in age.

Morrow - Kennedy - Cooke 3rd line would be crazy. Maybe the best in the East.

Letang-Fistric
Martin-Lovejoy
Niskanen-Reese

Puckgenius* is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 07:02 PM
  #48
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Kennedy is too valuable to Pits 3rd line. They would move Cooke well before Kennedy.

How about Orpik for Morrow? Stars need top pairing dmen more than 3rd line forwards.
Pens fans liked Douglas Murray for TK, so I wouldn't say he is very valuable to their 3rd line.

Hatrick Marleau is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 07:06 PM
  #49
Zbynek
Registered User
 
Zbynek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Country: Portugal
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
Morrow is 16 months removed from a 33 goal season and brings leadership, grit, experience. Still feel like he has higher value than TK.

Zbynek is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
  #50
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 44,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
If Stars added Fistric to the deal I think Pens would consider. Fistric is a young Orpik and Orpik is getting up there in age.
Fistric's a great hitter but no better than a 3rd pairing guy at this point, and the Pens already have all the grit they need on their 3rd pairing.

Quote:
Morrow - Kennedy - Cooke 3rd line would be crazy. Maybe the best in the East.

Letang-Fistric
Martin-Lovejoy
Niskanen-Reese
I don't know where you get your line projections, but they're way, way off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
Morrow is 16 months removed from a 33 goal season and brings leadership, grit, experience. Still feel like he has higher value than TK.
Morrow's since had serious injury problems that have affected his production and physical play. That takes his value down considerably - he's worth a flier at this point, nothing more.

I wouldn't commit any high-round draft picks to him. This deal only works because TK's absence allows us to get bigger in the bottom 6.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.