HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sj-min

Old
08-19-2012, 03:09 AM
sweHockeypunk21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice View Post
I'd actually do Demers and a mid round pick for Brodziak and a 7th round pick.
Agreed

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

I'd rather send Braun and a 4th for Brodziak and a 7th. Braun is from Minnesota too.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Minnesota would say no thanks to the original offer.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Ovechkid08

No thanks for Demers without significant additions for Brodziak. Spurgeon already plays the same game as Jason and fulfills that role pretty well. Simply put there is no real reason to trade one of the top 3rd line centers in the game for what would be a depth defenseman.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 04:18 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
I'd rather send Braun and a 4th for Brodziak and a 7th. Braun is from Minnesota too.
I'd actually spit my coffee in your face from laughing so hard.

And no one actually cares that he's from here. No one.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 04:44 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernam View Post

Braun played MUCH better than Demers last year as well.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
He really was.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:07 AM
hateseed
TentacleGrapeSoda

vCash: 116
Quote:

Braun was twice the player Demers was last year, so spit-take elsewhere...

That said, we have our toes crossed Demers bounces back this year to 2010-11 form.

hateseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:18 AM
forthewild

Quote:

I care that he is from here and would welcome the addition of Braun to the wild, he's young ans has upside. This deal would hinge on SJ wanting to do it which i doubt they would, and Wild having someone who can step up, like Larsson

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:37 AM
nickschultzfan

Brodziak is one of the better #3 centers in the league. Great defensively. Wins all the board battles. Fantastic at maintaining possession. Amazing at using leverage to gain position. And underrated offensive ability. Plus, he's verstile.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:18 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
He really was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hateseed View Post
Braun was twice the player Demers was last year, so spit-take elsewhere...

That said, we have our toes crossed Demers bounces back this year to 2010-11 form.
I wouldn't have done the Demers deal either, calm down.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:52 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Braun and Wingels and we have a trade.

WildFinn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFinn View Post
We would pass.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 07:02 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
We would pass.
No surprise.

Old
08-20-2012, 07:48 PM
mjburns
RIP Eyedea

Handzus + Demers/Braun + pick

for

Brodziak + pick

mjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFinn View Post
Not a good trade tho. We fast tracked our desire to be a force in the NHL via free agency. Brodz gives us a better shot to contend now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb408 View Post
Handzus + Demers/Braun + pick

for

Brodziak + pick
Handzus is of zero interest to the Wild I'd wager. So if we want a bottom six centre we can just sign Dom Moore. Fletch deftly restocked our cupboards. Picks do not hold the same appeal they once did when GM Fletch first came on-board. IF we traded Bro(which we won't, as management seem high on him) it would be for a more proven top four blueliner(now) than Braun/Demers.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:05 PM
hateseed
TentacleGrapeSoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
So if we want a bottom six centre we can just sign Dom Moore.

Old
08-21-2012, 02:01 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I like Braun's game better than Demers'. The Wild's blue line certainly isn't anything above average but I don't think Demers' presence would elevate it to the next tier; whether that's now or further down the line. Braun I have higher hopes for over the course of his career but he's likely not at that level right now either.

Moving Brodziak off this roster creates problems on several fronts. At this point in time he provides a very sound all-around game at the NHL level. He locks down a vital spot on the roster so that the talented kids coming through the pipeline have to work to reach coveted ice time, thus are given proper time to develop their games and not be thrust into a situation they're not ready for. If the Wild were going to move Brodziak, it would have been at the deadline last year and the Wild wouldn't have re-signed him before leading into it. And given what Gaustad fetched, his price tag wouldn't have been cheap either. In such a scenario, the Wild would have had free agency to attempt to fill that sort of void as well. Any trade at this point fails to do so.

Nothing against Braun and Demers because they're fine NHL defenseman right now with plenty of room to grow their games, but Brodziak is one of the team's center pieces at this stage until they find out where their prospects will settle in and which of them they can build around. There's just not many valuable (to other teams) players on this roster that the Wild would want to move unless they're adding a significant piece to get another high end talent. Clutterbuck being really the only player that holds a little value to other teams and at a spot where the Wild could stand to move him to add an asset elsewhere.

/long-windedness

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:58 PM
hateseed
TentacleGrapeSoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I like Braun's game better than Demers'. The Wild's blue line certainly isn't anything above average but I don't think Demers' presence would elevate it to the next tier; whether that's now or further down the line. Braun I have higher hopes for over the course of his career but he's likely not at that level right now either.

Moving Brodziak off this roster creates problems on several fronts. At this point in time he provides a very sound all-around game at the NHL level. He locks down a vital spot on the roster so that the talented kids coming through the pipeline have to work to reach coveted ice time, thus are given proper time to develop their games and not be thrust into a situation they're not ready for. If the Wild were going to move Brodziak, it would have been at the deadline last year and the Wild wouldn't have re-signed him before leading into it. And given what Gaustad fetched, his price tag wouldn't have been cheap either. In such a scenario, the Wild would have had free agency to attempt to fill that sort of void as well. Any trade at this point fails to do so.

Nothing against Braun and Demers because they're fine NHL defenseman right now with plenty of room to grow their games, but Brodziak is one of the team's center pieces at this stage until they find out where their prospects will settle in and which of them they can build around. There's just not many valuable (to other teams) players on this roster that the Wild would want to move unless they're adding a significant piece to get another high end talent. Clutterbuck being really the only player that holds a little value to other teams and at a spot where the Wild could stand to move him to add an asset elsewhere.

/long-windedness
I'm literally only posting to give you a hard time, and to be honest I enjoyed the insight from your post, but I take issue with your calling Brodziak a "centerpiece" with Koivu, Parise, Suter in your lineup. Mid-post I just reviewed your line-up, and ok, you're fine, carry-on :p

Old
08-21-2012, 03:11 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateseed View Post
I'm literally only posting to give you a hard time, and to be honest I enjoyed the insight from your post, but I take issue with your calling Brodziak a "centerpiece" with Koivu, Parise, Suter in your lineup. Mid-post I just reviewed your line-up, and ok, you're fine, carry-on :p
I see what you did there...

But anyway, ya, I guess I do see him as a centerpiece when you look at his game and how the franchise is constructed right now. He's got a lot going for him coming off of his year last season moving forward:

- Gritty, physical centerman.
- Play any kind of minutes you want; PK, 5-5, PP, up or down the line-up.
- Reliable at the dot.
- Work ethic that Yeo wants and the team continues to draft/covet.
- Solidifies line-up; prospects play top 6 or develop in Houston.

Of course players like Koivu, Parise, and Suter are the true centerpieces on this NHL squad. But if you're looking for a player who's likely next on the totem pole, Brodziak is probably that guy in my estimation. (Even if I do believe his numbers will surely take a dip this season)

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:

/long-windedness
I'll take Clutterbuck if you rather move him for Demers and a pick. Quite a few Sharks fans would be willing to pay that price (moving Demers that is...not someone I would think they'd actively shop but if the right player became available to strengthen the 3rd line, I could see one of the Sharks younger NHL d-men being open for discussion).

08-21-2012, 04:22 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
I see what you did there...

But anyway, ya, I guess I do see him as a centerpiece when you look at his game and how the franchise is constructed right now. He's got a lot going for him coming off of his year last season moving forward:

- Gritty, physical centerman.
- Play any kind of minutes you want; PK, 5-5, PP, up or down the line-up.
- Reliable at the dot.
- Work ethic that Yeo wants and the team continues to draft/covet.
- Solidifies line-up; prospects play top 6 or develop in Houston.

Of course players like Koivu, Parise, and Suter are the true centerpieces on this NHL squad. But if you're looking for a player who's likely next on the totem pole, Brodziak is probably that guy in my estimation. (Even if I do believe his numbers will surely take a dip this season)
That is why i said Wingels and Braun, i think Wingels could fill his place.