HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas - Pittsburgh

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2012, 06:36 PM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
The thread has been merged with this one.

Old
08-20-2012, 06:50 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
If Stars added Fistric to the deal I think Pens would consider. Fistric is a young Orpik and Orpik is getting up there in age.

Morrow - Kennedy - Cooke 3rd line would be crazy. Maybe the best in the East.

Letang-Fistric
Martin-Lovejoy
Niskanen-Reese
If the Stars added Fistric I would do it, but those Lline projections are terrible.

Letang-Despres
Niskanen-Orpik
Fistric-Engelland
Strait/Bortuzzo

Martin gets traded.

Old
08-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Kennedy is too valuable to Pits 3rd line. They would move Cooke well before Kennedy.

How about Orpik for Morrow? Stars need top pairing dmen more than 3rd line forwards.
Then why are we aiming for Orpik?

08-20-2012, 07:19 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Caron > Kennedy

Don't want or need any of the defensemen you're offering.

Old
08-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Caron > Kennedy

I agree.

Not really interested in TK.

Old
08-20-2012, 08:31 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
Done deal from Dallas side

Old
08-20-2012, 08:32 PM
wgknestrick

As a PIT fan and someone who is very familiar with TK. This is a pretty bad trade for PIT IMO. TK has historically been a very good even strength producer and is always near the top of the Pens in Corsi rel. TK produces at a top 6 level at even strength. He just hasn't received the ice time from his ill informed coaching staff to show it.

Comparison of last 2 year aves:

5v5
Kennedy
2.000 pts/60min ice time
Morrow
1.725 pts/60min ice time (did produce 2.0 pts/60 2 years ago)
Salary
Kennedy
2.0 MIL - 1 year left
Morrow
4.1 MIL - 1 year left
I just don't see PIT's incentive for making this trade straight up rather throwing picks into the mix. TK is 9 years younger, right in his prime, and makes half as much. He will trend upwards or at least plateau unlike Morrow who is quickly declining. Why would PIT pay 2x as much for about the same production from an older, more injury prone player? Pit could sign TK for well under 4 mil at his first UFA.

Old
08-20-2012, 08:37 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
As a PIT fan and someone who is very familiar with TK. This is a pretty bad trade for PIT IMO. TK has historically been a very good even strength producer and is always near the top of the Pens in Corsi rel. TK produces at a top 6 level at even strength. He just hasn't received the ice time from his ill informed coaching staff to show it.

5v5
Kennedy
2.000 pts/60min ice time
Morrow
Salary
Kennedy
2.0 MIL - 1 year left
Morrow
4.1 MIL - 1 year left
I just don't see PIT's incentive for making this trade straight up rather throwing picks into the mix. TK is 9 years younger, right in his prime, and makes half as much. He will trend upwards or at least plateau unlike Morrow who is quickly declining. Why would PIT pay 2x as much for about the same production from an older, more injury prone player? Pit could sign TK for well under 4 mil at his first UFA.
We can probably sign him near 2.5 per for 4 years

Old
08-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post

5v5
Kennedy
2.000 pts/60min ice time
Morrow
Salary
Kennedy
2.0 MIL - 1 year left
Morrow
4.1 MIL - 1 year left
Morrow would be acquired for all the things he could potentially do (last year notwithstanding) that TK can't - open up space with his physicality, provide leadership and grit, and play net-front on the PP. They don't show up on that stat sheet, but they're vital to winning.

TK's a good little player, but the Pens are too small as currently constructed, and can consequently get pushed around by bigger teams. Kennedy could help another organization looking for speed and tenacity in its bottom 6, but we'd be better off letting him go than re-signing him at 2 mil plus.

Old
08-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Hawkaholic

I'd rather have TK over Glass Morrow

Old
08-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'd rather have TK over Glass Morrow
I like TK, but he isn't exactly durable. The guy's played more than 67 games in a season just once in his entire career.

Old
08-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:

Letang-Fistric
Martin-Lovejoy
Niskanen-Reese
Jesus, you might as well throw Joey Mormina in there while you're at it.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Caron > Kennedy

who offered a defensemen?

Old
08-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Then why are we aiming for Orpik?
What top pairing defenseman are you going to get for Morrow?

Old
08-21-2012, 02:19 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Kennedy is too valuable to Pits 3rd line. They would move Cooke well before Kennedy.

How about Orpik for Morrow? Stars need top pairing dmen more than 3rd line forwards.
I've been in favour of the Pens maybe exploring a deal for Morrow, but certainly not for Orpik. I suspect if the Pens wanted Morrow, they'd be able to do so without needing to give up Orpik either.

I'd love the Pens to be able to clone Orpik so they have another one, he isn't going anywhere. Adding Fistric changes nothing.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:19 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
What top pairing defenseman are you going to get for Morrow?
Never insinuated he was even close to being worth one.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:41 AM
LohPilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Why does either team do this?im legit curious, not trying to be a dick or anything.
Here is my blog post in Dallas Newslat week regarding why we would want Tyler Kennedy. Just my opinion!

We traded for Roy so he would be the #2 center behind Benn. He will miss training camp and supposed to out until late November. With his type of injury and rehab, I do not think he will be 100% until next year. This leaves us with a huge gap at center and production. I am sure we would still like to get another defenseman. However, this situation with Roy could divert our attention to another center. If the season opens on time, then we are really hurting. We have some excellent young centers in our organization. But they are not ready (maybe Faska). Pittsburg also has some young centers that played some at the NHL level last year. This is just a wish, but it would be nice if we could trade for Tyler Kennedy! He would fit in as the #2 center now and be the #1 or #2 next year. his would allow us to let a couple of our potentail young centers to develop. Also, this could let Cody be the #3 this year and have Matt Fraser on the #3 line with him. We have some young talent that Pittsburg might want as well as Morrow. Just speculation on my part.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:48 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LohPilot View Post
Here is my blog post in Dallas Newslat week regarding why we would want Tyler Kennedy. Just my opinion!

We traded for Roy so he would be the #2 center behind Benn. He will miss training camp and supposed to out until late November. With his type of injury and rehab, I do not think he will be 100% until next year. This leaves us with a huge gap at center and production. I am sure we would still like to get another defenseman. However, this situation with Roy could divert our attention to another center. If the season opens on time, then we are really hurting. We have some excellent young centers in our organization. But they are not ready (maybe Faska). Pittsburg also has some young centers that played some at the NHL level last year. This is just a wish, but it would be nice if we could trade for Tyler Kennedy! He would fit in as the #2 center now and be the #1 or #2 next year. his would allow us to let a couple of our potentail young centers to develop. Also, this could let Cody be the #3 this year and have Matt Fraser on the #3 line with him. We have some young talent that Pittsburg might want as well as Morrow. Just speculation on my part.
Am I reading this wrong, or you are wanting to trade for TFK to be your #2 center this year and #1 or #2 center next year?

If so you are really barking up the wrong tree.

Old
08-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:

Kennedy's a winger, he's only played center sparingly since turning pro.

Old
08-21-2012, 06:50 AM
LohPilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Kennedy's a winger, he's only played center sparingly since turning pro.
Pittsburg has Tyler listed as a center! His stats are good enogh for Dallas!

Old
08-21-2012, 07:09 AM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Am I reading this wrong, or you are wanting to trade for TFK to be your #2 center this year and #1 or #2 center next year?

If so you are really barking up the wrong tree.
^ this. So does he want TK playing in front of Benn? I really hope he's not serious.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:20 AM
wgknestrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Morrow would be acquired for all the things he could potentially do (last year notwithstanding) that TK can't - open up space with his physicality, provide leadership and grit, and play net-front on the PP. They don't show up on that stat sheet, but they're vital to winning.

TK's a good little player, but the Pens are too small as currently constructed, and can consequently get pushed around by bigger teams. Kennedy could help another organization looking for speed and tenacity in its bottom 6, but we'd be better off letting him go than re-signing him at 2 mil plus.
Since when does the NHL measure players heights and put them on the score board? Production is the primary stick in which to measure offensive players. Even the most elite checker in the game does little to help his team win games (cough Clutterbuck). TK is certainly not pushed around out there. He's not Morrow in the physical department, but he is certainly not Satan or Sykora.

Front net presence is important, but I don't see Morrow as that elite guy. His team's PP has generally been down towards the bottom the last 3 years. His Goals/60min of 5v4 time hovers around 2.0 g/60 (which is good), but so does TKs (when given PP time). TK has also been able to generate 2.4g/60 and 3.1g/60 in that area back in 2011 and 2010. If Morrow had a hidden talent in this area, wouldn't it show up in some measurable way? I still state that TK is not only marginally better but younger than Morrow.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Kennedy is a winger, he often gets listed at center, but go look up how many faceoffs he has actually taken. If you are wanting a guy to be your #1 or #2 center, TFK is not even remotely close to the guy you are wanting.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
He plays wing

Old
08-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Burgs

Kennedy played center in juniors and a little bit in the AHL. He's never been a center in Pittsburgh, purely a RW. They just never adjusted his listed position.

Closed Thread