HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber's Deal Finalized, Contains no NMC/NTC

Old
08-17-2012, 07:58 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
He should have requested the Flyers put one in before signing the contract. Tough ****. Too late.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:03 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
He should have requested the Flyers put one in before signing the contract. Tough ****. Too late.
He did... and got one, but they don't transfer automatically when offer sheetd are matched.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:20 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
He did... and got one, but they don't transfer automatically when offer sheetd are matched.
Oh. Well... He should have known that. I stand by my "tough ****"

Old
08-18-2012, 01:13 PM
ninetynine*

And I agree with you, but I'm worried he might hold out without one.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:10 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
And I agree with you, but I'm worried he might hold out without one.
if he does hes an imbecile. there are 13 million reasons for him to go ahead and sign. if he holds out past sept 15, the whole contract could end up being changed

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:05 PM
jmack4

Was Weber's NTC request discussed at all at tonight's Town Hall?

jmack4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack4 View Post
Was Weber's NTC request discussed at all at tonight's Town Hall?
No. They talked about the signing and mentioned that it was the second largest contract in the history of the NHL.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 02:10 PM
adsfan

What is the difference between NMC and NTC?

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 02:19 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

A NTC means a player cannot be traded without his consent. There are different types of NTCs. Some are full NTCs. Some are partials where the player can submit a list of teams he will not be traded to (or would be OK with a trade to, I think). A player with a NTC can be moved to the minors.

A player with a NMC cannot be moved to the minors.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 02:37 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
A NTC means a player cannot be traded without his consent. There are different types of NTCs. Some are full NTCs. Some are partials where the player can submit a list of teams he will not be traded to (or would be OK with a trade to, I think). A player with a NTC can be moved to the minors.

A player with a NMC cannot be moved to the minors.
Thanks, TMI!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 01:33 PM
PhoneGuy

Per Josh Cooper via twitter, according to Shea's agent the contract is finished and registered with the league, and there's no NTC or NMC.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Per Josh Cooper via twitter, according to Shea's agent the contract is finished and registered with the league, and there's no NTC or NMC.
Good to hear, though I never doubted it would get done.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I figured this would definitely get done before the new CBA. A minor victory for the Predators here. Shea stays or goes on our terms. If he is malcontent, we have the ability to send him anywhere. This is much better than willingly putting the organization in a losing position if something bad happens.

09-05-2012, 04:01 PM
thomas magnum

I don't really see that this makes that much difference. We might be able to send him where we want but if he turns into a problem child, we're **** out of luck and have to trade him anyway. I guess it's a small victory.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 04:04 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
yes!

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 126
Here's the link

http://fangfaction.com/2012-articles...-contract.html

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:33 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

bout damn time too, Poile probably just said "it's business" to his whiny ass agents since that was shea's answer to everything.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 08:15 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
I don't really see that this makes that much difference. We might be able to send him where we want but if he turns into a problem child, we're **** out of luck and have to trade him anyway. I guess it's a small victory.
You don't think there would be a difference, between having 5-10 choosen teams bidding for Weber vs. having almost each of the other 29 teams bidding?

You don't think many more teams = better offers for the Preds?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 02:43 PM
dulzhok

The NTC/NMC likely doesn't have an impact for a star player for Weber. If it comes to a trade situation, he will take control and say I'm only playing for teams X, Y, Z. So the Blue Jackets of the world won't bother even making an offer if Weber's not going to happily play for them.

Now if Weber starts sucking at age 37, we would have the opportunity to pay him 7 million a year to play in the minors, not having it count against our cap hit.

Poile has really screwed the pooch the last 3 years. Outside of highly priced deadline rentals, he's done virtually nothing to try to improve our team for the long-term (why Suter and Weber wanted out). He whiffed his opportunity to sign Weber 2 years ago (and subsequently Suter). He let Radulov play him like a fool, again. He took Weber to arbitration out of fear last year and muddied the relationship. And now, we are forced to match this offer out of desperation not to be a bottom feeder.

But hey, at least we have the highest priced 3rd liners in the league. Fisher- 4.5 million and an extension. Guastard- 4th liner-- $3.25 million. Poile, keep your eye out for more overpriced 3rd liners, please

Keep doing the same thing, expect the same results. Competitive team but failing to take the step to elite-- the story of David Poile's career.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 02:48 PM
darth5
No!

Nice to know some things never change, at least where dulzhok is concerned, anyway...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 02:53 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
Nice to know some things never change
Nope, David Poile hasn't changed a bit in his 30 year career, and subsequently has never taken a team to the elite level.

And I don't expect that to change anytime soon, or more than likely ever.

Old
09-06-2012, 02:57 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Some good questions with blah answers from Cooper to Weber:
Quote:
On not getting a no-trade or no-movement clause in his contract: “You have to move forward. I want to be here. I plan to be here for 14 years. Now it’s not in my control. It’s obviously up to them and whatever they want to do, they can do. But I love it here, I love my teammates and the fans and the city.”

On not returning for the team’s “town hall” meeting: “There was a hockey school in (my hometown of) Sicamous (British Columbia). Then we had the NHLPA meetings as well. I’ve had a busy summer. It’s nothing personal to anyone here. I love the fans here; I love the people. It was a tough time. I go back to that hockey school every year in my hometown. It would be tough if I didn’t show up there. It was a tough decision.”

On signing the offer sheet with the Flyers and now moving forward with the Predators: “It was obviously tough and stressful going through all of it. Now that I look back, it’s something I’ll never forget. Not a lot of guys get to experience that side of it. There’s a lot to the business. Obviously it’s very complex. I learned a lot through all of it. Now I’m glad it’s gone and we can move past it.”

On his daily routine after the offer sheet was signed: “Every morning I worked out and after that I went home and went out on the lake (in Kelowna, British Columbia). It was a place of peace for me. You turn off the cell phone and get out on the water. You just surf or just lay out on the boat. It’s relaxing. It’s beautiful with the mountains and the lake. When something like that is going on, it’s nice to get away from it.”

On his relationship with Suter and how it has changed: “We talk about different stuff now. In the past we used to talk about the team and Nashville. Now it’s a different subject. We still talk, but I don’t think it will change anything.”

On the prospect of being paired with Roman Josi this season on defense: “I’ve talked to Roman quite a bit, maybe once a week or every two weeks. He said things are going well. He sent me some pictures of Switzerland (Josi’s home country), and I got to see a little of what he’s doing this summer. He’s a great kid. I know he’s working hard. It will be great to see him when he gets back.”

On being part of the NHLPA’s negotiating committee: “It’s another good learning experience. You don’t realize how complex the business is until you get involved with this stuff. I think it’s a good thing for a lot of players to get accustomed to, especially the young guys, to get to learn about it when you’re young. It will make it easier on you as the years go on and if something else ever comes up again.”

Old
09-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
But hey, at least we have the highest priced 3rd liners in the league. Fisher- 4.5 million and an extension.
50 points only qualifies you as a third liner in the All-Star Game. He may be at that level in your fantasy league, but that's because your fantasy league likely has considerably less than 30 rosters to fill.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 04:41 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
The NTC/NMC likely doesn't have an impact for a star player for Weber. If it comes to a trade situation, he will take control and say I'm only playing for teams X, Y, Z. So the Blue Jackets of the world won't bother even making an offer if Weber's not going to happily play for them.
I couldn't disagree with you more.

If I'm a gm and one of my players, who does not have a NTC or NMC, asks to be dealt, I'm trading him to the team that makes the best offer. I'm not consulting that player or his rep, asking ' where would you like to be dealt '.

I'm also not going to be very concerned, with whether the player is going to 'happily play for his new team'. That's for him and his new team to work out.

Good job by Poile, not budging off the NTC/NMC issue. I've read Weber's recent comments. He does not sound unhappy or sound as if he's going to play with a chip on his shoulder, over not getting a NTC. He talks about moving past the whole offersheet issue and says he hopes to spend the next 14 seasons, playing for the Preds.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 05:01 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
50 points only qualifies you as a third liner in the All-Star Game. He may be at that level in your fantasy league, but that's because your fantasy league likely has considerably less than 30 rosters to fill.
If you're getting 20 minutes of ice time / tons of PP time / 1st line center time, 50 points is the bare minimum you should be getting. Radek Bonk, Patrick Kjellberg, Shawn Horcoff, Brandon Dubinksy-types can all speak to this. Doesn't mean you belong on the 1st line.

Fisher's (among others) lack of offensive ability was a big reason why we couldn't do jack offensively in the playoffs. He belongs on the 3rd line, 2nd-line on a good day.