HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Briere's mother passes

Old
08-20-2012, 03:33 PM
abhanot

vCash: 500
Danny Briere's mother passes

Tough news... I'm a Leafs fan, thought you guys would like to know... very sad for Briere and his family, RIP, hope they stay strong.

http://philly.sbnation.com/2012/8/20...delphia-flyers

Quote:
Constance Brunet, the mother of Philadelphia Flyers forward Danny Briere, passed away on Sunday night at the age of 60. Brunet had suffered a brain aneurysm and was being treated at a hospital in Hull, Quebec.

While Briere is one of the most popular players on the Flyers roster for his on-ice abilities, the team's alternate captain is also one of the team's most well liked players off the ice.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 08-20-2012 at 05:36 PM.
abhanot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 04:37 PM
sc78258

sc78258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 05:33 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

Very sad for the Briere family, I completely understand 100% what he's going through I lost my father in '05 to a brain aneurysm he was 48 years old, my heart and thoughts go out to the Briere family it's a very fast and unexpected thing when dealing with brain aneurysms, sad but it does get better

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 05:55 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Very sad for the Briere family, I completely understand 100% what he's going through I lost my father in '05 to a brain aneurysm he was 48 years old, my heart and thoughts go out to the Briere family it's a very fast and unexpected thing when dealing with brain aneurysms, sad but it does get better
Are they hereditary? My dad's sister wasn't feeling well, went to the doctor's and died in the office from one. I have a friend who died of one while making coffee in his kitchen. One of my clients says they are hereditary but I think there are different kinds with the brain ones usually being sudden and usually fatal.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 07:00 PM
ninetynine*

Rip

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 07:26 PM
feedingschennzy

Very sad event. Constance was one of the kindest people i ever met.

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:52 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Very sad news. Having lost my mother last year I know all too well the pain this tragic loss can cause on the family, especially with this being so sudden.

May she rest in peace and all of my well wishes to Danny and the entire Brière/Brunet family.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:22 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
Very sad news. Having lost my mother last year I know all too well the pain this tragic loss can cause on the family, especially with this being so sudden.

May she rest in peace and all of my well wishes to Danny and the entire Brière/Brunet family.
Very well put and I'm sorry to hear about your mother. My condolences.

Quote:
I'm very sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Damn this guy's having a rough couple years here. Hope he catches some breaks in the near future.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

While hockey is so important to us all, it sadly often takes times like these to remind us that it is not the most important thing... Family is... and the off ice life matters involving them ultimately draw us together as an extended hockey family.

I believe I can speak for all when I say that Danny has our thoughts and for those who pray, our prayers... he has our spiritual support. I also feel for all those who have posted here about their recent loses... I've been there and there is nothing like the compassion we receive for getting us through it.

Danny is a strong man... with support he will move forward in her memory.

Rest in peace, dear Constance.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:48 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
condolances to the entire Briere family.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Are they hereditary? My dad's sister wasn't feeling well, went to the doctor's and died in the office from one. I have a friend who died of one while making coffee in his kitchen. One of my clients says they are hereditary but I think there are different kinds with the brain ones usually being sudden and usually fatal.
I do not know if they are hereditary are not. But in the past seven years we have lost two close freinds to that. A 28 year old woman and a 40 year old man who was a health fanatic. For some reason we do hear about this more and more(or so it seems).

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Condolances to the entire Briere family.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
I'm sorry man. I almost lost my dad last year to necrotizing faciitis, and that was bad enough. 48 is just way too young... 60 is way too young.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:14 AM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

Thank you guys/gals for all the kind words, as far as hereditary some doctors say yes and others say no, it's kind of crazy how much they don't know about them, yeah 60 is way young, and I really hope Danny B just keeps his head up, when it rains it pours as they say, I"ve said it before about my father and the connection to the Flyers he was buried in a blank Flyers jersey, it's hard to explain how a sports team brings a family together especially hockey, my most fond memories are with my Dad watching Flyers games on Prism and screaming and cheering in the tv room, not gonna lie I'm not the crying type but everytime I walk into the arena and see the banners hanging from the rafters I get choked up thinking about when I was 5 my Dad explaining to me how they won those and how Bernie Parent was the greatest!!! As sad as it can be I find great joy in this team and this sport and especially in the fans you guys are a great group on here, thank you all for allowing me to share a chunk of my life, and why the Orange and Black is a part of who I am!! And to be positive about life because it's way too short, my life has been not the roughest but not the easiest either after I lost my father, I lost my Grandmother 6 months later to brain cancer, and 3 years after that my Step-father to pancreatic cancer, rough time hard to swallow, and I don't say this because I'm this great person but I stayed positive throughout the whole thing yes there are moments of mourning but feeling sorry for myself wasn't an option my family depended on me to be a pillar and that's what I needed to do, sorry for the long rant, but I just want to say no matter what comes at you in life stay on the up and up because it really does help people who go through similiar things, thanks for listening sorry so long

Last edited by RespectTheCouts: 08-21-2012 at 08:22 AM.
RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:14 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I'm sorry man. I almost lost my dad last year to necrotizing faciitis, and that was bad enough. 48 is just way too young... 60 is way too young.
I hope you don't mind me asking but where on his body did the infection start? The foot/lower leg seems to be the most common. I'm a pre-med student and I was just curious as this is a fairly rare disease if I'm not mistaken.

For those that don't know necrotizing fasciitis, commonly known as the flesh eating disease, is extremely serious and is caused by an infection of the fascia. The fascia is the layer of connective tissue under your skin (among other places throughout your body). The scary thing is it is most commonly caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, the same bacteria that leads to Strep Throat.

Old
08-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I hope you don't mind me asking but where on his body did the infection start? The foot/lower leg seems to be the most common. I'm a pre-med student and I was just curious as this is a fairly rare disease if I'm not mistaken.

For those that don't know necrotizing fasciitis, commonly known as the flesh eating disease, is extremely serious and is caused by an infection of the fascia. The fascia is the layer of connective tissue under your skin (among other places throughout your body). The scary thing is it is most commonly caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, the same bacteria that leads to Strep Throat.
It's a pretty rare disease in the US, with there only being a couple hundred cases a year. It was in his lower abdomen. He got it from the mesh in his hernia surgery. If it had been in his foot or leg, like it commonly is, they would have just amputated the limb. So he was lucky in that he came out of it without having anything amputated, however it was much more serious at the time due to the fact that they couldn't just amputate.

Old
08-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Condolences to the Briere Family.

08-21-2012, 01:08 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
It's a pretty rare disease in the US, with there only being a couple hundred cases a year. It was in his lower abdomen. He got it from the mesh in his hernia surgery. If it had been in his foot or leg, like it commonly is, they would have just amputated the limb. So he was lucky in that he came out of it without having anything amputated, however it was much more serious at the time due to the fact that they couldn't just amputate.
I'm assuming they still had to remove a decent amount of necrotic tissue and treat with IV antibiotics?

Old
08-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
I'm assuming they still had to remove a decent amount of necrotic tissue and treat with IV antibiotics?
I'll PM you so we don't bog down the thread.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:52 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Damn this guy's having a rough couple years here. Hope he catches some breaks in the near future.
no time like the present to get this guy a damn cup. hardest working, clutch playoff guy i think we've ever had. and you know he'll come in here and have a phenomenal season.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:55 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:

my wife is a burn nurse and they constantly have patients with it. alot of it is from what i can understand is reactions to certain medications, antibiotics, etc. its insanely common on her floor. never mind that steven's johnson's syndrome. the flesh eating is from bacteria. my fault.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Miss Mess

Rip

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 05:04 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I'm sorry Danny for your loss. RIP and may she look over you.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 05:16 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

my condolences go out to danny and the breire family.

i had an aunt who passed away 3 years ago at age 32 to brain anyresuim tough.

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline   Reply With Quote