HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Strikeforce: Rousey vs Kaufman

Old
08-20-2012, 01:12 PM
m9

vCash: 500
I don't see how people can be so sure Cyborg can make 135. Regardless of her steroids issues, that will probably be an extremely tough cut. I doubt it will ever happen.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:26 PM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 400
She would definintely be able to get there, but it would take a fairly substantial compromise in her muscle mass.

It would be pretty awesome to see Cyborg TKO Rousey at 135.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 04:11 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
She would definintely be able to get there, but it would take a fairly substantial compromise in her muscle mass.

It would be pretty awesome to see Cyborg TKO Rousey at 135.
I would rather see Cyborg get arm barred.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 04:20 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I would rather see Cyborg get arm barred.
Same.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:56 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Ahahaha yeah, totally the same as GSP trashtalking Jones... Except that the formerly roided up Cyborg is only 1 division away.
Well I would've used Anderson as an example but he's made 170 in the past, and also said he'd be willing to drop weight to fight GSP, so that comparison wouldn't quite have worked.

My main issue here is if you're gonna run your mouth about how you'll smoke someone, don't hide behind your weight class. This is a big reason why I'm a fan of the bigger divisions. Say Rousey can beat Cyborg at 135, but not at 145. Well who cares. Ultimately that means if the two met up in the parking lot (like Rousey alluded to), Rousey would get beat up. At the end of the day if the bigger person is tougher because they're bigger, well they're still tougher. Rousey and her camp know that cut for Cyborg borders on impossible (and even if she made it who's to say she'd be anywhere near 100%). If you wanna go around telling everyone how much of a badass you are, don't hide behind a scale.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 07:04 PM
m9

Rousey probably also knows that Cyborg is her ticket into a UFC contract, so they are best putting off that fight until Strikeforce isn't around any longer. This weight thing can allow them to avoid the matchup until they get UFC dollars behind it.

Old
08-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Rousey probably also knows that Cyborg is her ticket into a UFC contract, so they are best putting off that fight until Strikeforce isn't around any longer. This weight thing can allow them to avoid the matchup until they get UFC dollars behind it.

Doubt we'll see women fighting in the UFC anytime soon. At this point all they have is "one off fights" and Dana White has said repeatedly he wants nothing to do with that.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 07:37 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Doubt we'll see women fighting in the UFC anytime soon. At this point all they have is "one off fights" and Dana White has said repeatedly he wants nothing to do with that.
I agree, but Dana seems to be infatuated with Rousey. It wouldn't surprise me to see them do something on a PPV like Aldo/Faber was when they were still under the WEC banner.

Old
08-20-2012, 10:43 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Well I would've used Anderson as an example but he's made 170 in the past, and also said he'd be willing to drop weight to fight GSP, so that comparison wouldn't quite have worked.

My main issue here is if you're gonna run your mouth about how you'll smoke someone, don't hide behind your weight class. This is a big reason why I'm a fan of the bigger divisions. Say Rousey can beat Cyborg at 135, but not at 145. Well who cares. Ultimately that means if the two met up in the parking lot (like Rousey alluded to), Rousey would get beat up. At the end of the day if the bigger person is tougher because they're bigger, well they're still tougher. Rousey and her camp know that cut for Cyborg borders on impossible (and even if she made it who's to say she'd be anywhere near 100%). If you wanna go around telling everyone how much of a badass you are, don't hide behind a scale.
Its not like the trash talking is a one way thing. The parking lot stuff is a reference to comments Cyborg made first. I know Rousey talks alot of trash but I find it weird how many people will side with someone who is also engaged in the trash talk and is a known cheater.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:26 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Its not like the trash talking is a one way thing. The parking lot stuff is a reference to comments Cyborg made first. I know Rousey talks alot of trash but I find it weird how many people will side with someone who is also engaged in the trash talk and is a known cheater.
Performance enhancing has never bothered me all that much. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand how people feel otherwise, but I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing in that situation, so... And I could be mistaken, but I get the feeling that this trash talking was started by Rousey. Judging by how much she likes to run her mouth I think that's a fair assumption. Again though, I think it's entertaining and good for the sport, I just don't like a smaller fighter running their mouth about a bigger fighter, but then being unwilling to go up in weight to fight them.

Old
08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Dana White was quoted as saying he could see Rousey/Santos as a co-main event on a UFC PPV. I saw it on Twitter somewhere... too lazy to find the link.

EDIT: here it is - https://twitter.com/DaveFarra/status...30971033370624

Old
08-21-2012, 05:25 PM
DeathFromAbove

I don't think Showtime would be too happy about that.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:33 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
I don't think Showtime would be too happy about that.
I don't think this would actually ever happen - I think it's just Dana White doing his part to promote an organization he has a stake in.

Old
08-26-2012, 06:40 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Rousey admitted that had she been aware the card was going to be cancelled she would have told UFC president Dana White that she wanted to fight instead.

"If Dana said he wanted me to fight Chris 'Cyborg' Santos with a 40lbs weight disadvantage or wrap our hands with Duck Tape and be there in 40 minutes, I'd say I'd be there in 10 minutes just so I could stretch first. It doesn't matter to me, I consider myself the best in the world. I think if you have that title, you have a responsibility to defend it at anytime against anyone
But she won't fight her at 140 or 145.

Old
08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
But she won't fight her at 140 or 145.
Ronda needs to shut up. Does she actually think fans would've bought a PPV with her vs Cyborg as the main event. No ones cares about your title Ronda or womens mma. Dana likely would've told her to piss off if she had called him. If it was Gina Carano calling he might've listened but not Rousey.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote