HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Conference Standings

Old
08-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Treefingers
\_(ツ)_/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
God I hate people like this. It's the internet
That won't stop me from thinking that people who confuse such basic language are illiterate.

Treefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
That's a complete joke.
im thinking maybe theire're's a chance he doesn't know a > from a < because his stuff makes some sense if you flip them

Verviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
This my friends is why the up coming generation scares me. .
Every generation says that about the following generation. Congrats on turning into your parents.

Personally, I don't see any standout teams in the West, and wouldn't be surprised by any of a dozen or so teams ending up pretty much anywhere in the standings.

Old
08-20-2012, 09:20 PM
canucks1982

Quote:
That's a complete joke.
it is a joke, not really, that was an error. But if you read my post, i did write down Henrik Sedin is better than Richards. Burrows is better than Callahan. Nash is better than Kesler

canucks1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
I'm not perfect either, but that said, you should work on it. It gives the reader a negative impression of the poster. If you're not going to put effort in, why should I read your post? It makes me think, "Maybe you didn't put effort into that either?"

It does take away from the meaning of the sentence.

There - place, here or there.
Their - possessive, their car was on the road.
They're - short for they are

Also this stood out (I didn't read your full post) 'they barley made the playoffs', but that's probably a typo.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:53 PM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
God I hate people like this. It's the internet
Get ready to learn to like us. You'll be working for one of us when you graduate high school and have to find a job.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:37 PM
aandbreatheme

Nvm.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:22 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Get ready to learn to like us. You'll be working for one of us when you graduate high school and have to find a job.
Don't you mean if?

Best way to improve your grammar and spelling, invest in a half decent smart phone.
Personally have found my spelling has improved tenfold since buying my first smart phone.

On the thread, I mostly agree with the basics of the posts (past the ghastly spelling and grammar) one that sticks out is Colorado, no way do they not beat one of, let alone both of Alberta teams. Edmonton still doesn't have the structure or defense to compete for more than 5th worst at best in the League. Also Calgary is due for a down year from both Kipper and Iggy in the same year, Iggy scores 50, Kipper plays sub par. Kipper posts best stats since the Cup run and Iggy has like a 36 goal year. I see this year as the finale of the Flames semi competitive team before the tank seasons come.

Also you mention the West as the East a couple times in the East reasonings. Otherwise pretty bang on with the consensus on the standings.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:22 AM
canucks1982

let's talk about hockey

If you want to talk about English Grammar

please go to this forum
http://www.englishforums.com/English...ns/Forum12.htm

canucks1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:29 AM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks1982 View Post
let's talk about hockey

If you want to talk about English Grammar

please go to this forum
http://www.englishforums.com/English...ns/Forum12.htm
Here's a novel idea: let's talk hockey in English, not illiterate teenager-speak.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:51 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Here's a novel idea: let's talk hockey in English, not illiterate teenager-speak.
I'll say what I say every time "Hocke.yy.Inside.rr" is brought up. You add unnecessary letters to words and you'll remind me of 13-year old girls every time. I was brought up in the MSN Messenger times. That's just the reality of the truths. If we want to talk like men discussing hockey, you'll use proper grammar to the best of your ability. It's actually annoying for some of us to see the English language that some people pay taxes to be taught in democratically-funded schools be abused like I have seen it abused. Even if I am just a teenager...please. Just try.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:56 AM
Havre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Haired Shanks View Post
EAST:

i think karlsson will have a big drop off of points
Why?

I understand that there is a limit to how many more points a defensman can achieve. Historically players also struggle to be consistently delivering at such extreme levels (e.g. both Sedins been above 100 points once each for then to "drop back" to more realistic levels). That said, Erik Karlsson is still young and developing. I'm not sure if I have ever seen a defensman with that much natural attacking ability. I honestly think he might break the 100 points barrier at one point - playing for the right team.

Ability wise I think he is even more dominant among defensmen (in attack) than Crosby is among forwards (not saying Karlsson is better than Crosby - just relative to other defensemen).

Havre is offline   Reply With Quote