HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stroman Suspended 50 Games for PED's, Bautista out for year.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM
  #76
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
From what I remember the schedule should be released around mid February. As for when tickets would be available, I'm sure it would be shortly after that point.
It takes that long for the schedule? Damn

I'm going to Orlando March 3rd-21st so hopefully I can catch some ST games

mapes is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 05:26 PM
  #77
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,427
vCash: 500
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

Carl crawford will have tommy john surgery thursday, red sox announce

Ooy, what a brutal signing it looks like right now. At least it's not as bad as Lackey and they refused to re-sign Jason Bay which looks great right now.

While we're on the topic, has anyone kept track of just how horrendous Jason Bay has been since joining the Mets? .749 OPS in his first year with the Mets, .703 and now .517 OPS (yes, that's his OPS, not slugging %). Only played a whopping 266 games over nearly 3 seasons.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 05:39 PM
  #78
Leafssss
Registered User
 
Leafssss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CANADA
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
What do you guys think trading Bautista could get us? I think it's the best thing to do right now, would probably be a waste to keep him around with us likely not being contenders while he's still in his prime.

Leafssss is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 05:46 PM
  #79
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
What do you guys think trading Bautista could get us? I think it's the best thing to do right now, would probably be a waste to keep him around with us likely not being contenders while he's still in his prime.
There's no reason to trade him right now. This year was supposed to be a stepping-stone into contention, unfortunately injuries played a huge part in the season going down hill. This team is looking to be a legit contender for the next few years. With Jose being in his prime, and guys like EE, Rasmus, Lawrie to help carry the load, this offense is really dangerous.

As for what you could get for him theoretically...not sure. If I wasn't doing work at the same time I'd give you a more thorough answer but it would be something along the lines of 1 major league ready bluechipper (lawrie), plus 2 legit prospects (Nicho, Synder). Age plays a part, as you'd probably get a bigger haul if he was in his 20's with the same production.

Everlong is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 05:52 PM
  #80
Smallz
Registered User
 
Smallz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
There's no reason to trade him right now. This year was supposed to be a stepping-stone into contention, unfortunately injuries played a huge part in the season going down hill. This team is looking to be a legit contender for the next few years. With Jose being in his prime, and guys like EE, Rasmus, Lawrie to help carry the load, this offense is really dangerous.

As for what you could get for him theoretically...not sure. If I wasn't doing work at the same time I'd give you a more thorough answer but it would be something along the lines of 1 major league ready bluechipper (lawrie), plus 2 legit prospects (Nicho, Synder). Age plays a part, as you'd probably get a bigger haul if he was in his 20's with the same production.
Bautista's contract would also be a big bonus for other teams in trade negotiations

His reasonable contract probably doubles the number of suitors you'd have calling about him

Because not only would the big markets be interested in him, little markets would also be interested because they could afford him

Smallz is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 05:53 PM
  #81
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Sup. Baseball fan coming in peace. Just wondering what you guys' opinions of Yunel Escobar y'all have. Refresh my memory, you guys aren't trying to move him were you? He looks like a good shortstop from his stats with bipolar defense. I would like to see the Tigers try and upgrade at SS and he looks like a good candidate that would make a better defender than Peralta would.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 06:02 PM
  #82
Woodman19
#TeamBernier
 
Woodman19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Sup. Baseball fan coming in peace. Just wondering what you guys' opinions of Yunel Escobar y'all have. Refresh my memory, you guys aren't trying to move him were you? He looks like a good shortstop from his stats with bipolar defense. I would like to see the Tigers try and upgrade at SS and he looks like a good candidate that would make a better defender than Peralta would.
Great defensive SS who is having a sub par season offensively but when he hits he is a .750 OPS player. He is also on a very good contract at $5 million and under team control for as long as 3 years. He is not going to be a cheap rental player and would likely cost a team a good prospect. More then the Tigers are likely willing to pay for.

Woodman19 is online now  
Old
08-20-2012, 07:16 PM
  #83
Vito_81
Registered User
 
Vito_81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,126
vCash: 500
Bautista went 0-3 today with a BB and a K for the Jays Gulf Coast League affiliate.

Jose's off to play in Dunedin for the next 3 games(Tues-Thurs).

Vito_81 is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 08:19 PM
  #84
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito_81 View Post
Bautista went 0-3 today with a BB and a K for the Jays Gulf Coast League affiliate.

Jose's off to play in Dunedin for the next 3 games(Tues-Thurs).
I believe Lawrie has yet to get a hit in his rehab

dredeye is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 08:20 PM
  #85
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

Carl crawford will have tommy john surgery thursday, red sox announce

Ooy, what a brutal signing it looks like right now. At least it's not as bad as Lackey and they refused to re-sign Jason Bay which looks great right now.

While we're on the topic, has anyone kept track of just how horrendous Jason Bay has been since joining the Mets? .749 OPS in his first year with the Mets, .703 and now .517 OPS (yes, that's his OPS, not slugging %). Only played a whopping 266 games over nearly 3 seasons.
These are examples of the big free agents really back firing. Grienke is also struggling badly since his trade.

dredeye is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 08:26 PM
  #86
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
What do you guys think trading Bautista could get us? I think it's the best thing to do right now, would probably be a waste to keep him around with us likely not being contenders while he's still in his prime.
If we're not going to be contenders shortly, then what were these 3 most recent seasons (including this season) for?? If we're trading Bautista, that means we're looking for another 3-4 years before contending?

Suntouchable13 is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 08:32 PM
  #87
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,735
vCash: 500
interesting pitching line for NH tonight

Nolin 5ip 4h 1er 2bb 8so (very nice line for him)
Stroman 1ip 0h 1er 2bb 1so
Stilson 2ip 1h 0er 1bb 4so
Magnuson 1ip 0h 0bb 1so

That's a deadly group of pitchers to throw out in one game. Also Marisnick did not play tonight

dredeye is offline  
Old
08-20-2012, 09:37 PM
  #88
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,664
vCash: 500
For the record, the schedule gets released in late September now.

Also I bet 50 year old Roger Clemens would be better than half our rotation

theaub is online now  
Old
08-20-2012, 11:40 PM
  #89
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
For the record, the schedule gets released in late September now.

Also I bet 50 year old Roger Clemens would be better than half our rotation
His fastball is toping out at 87mph apparently.

dredeye is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:01 AM
  #90
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
interesting pitching line for NH tonight

Nolin 5ip 4h 1er 2bb 8so (very nice line for him)
Stroman 1ip 0h 1er 2bb 1so
Stilson 2ip 1h 0er 1bb 4so
Magnuson 1ip 0h 0bb 1so

That's a deadly group of pitchers to throw out in one game. Also Marisnick did not play tonight

not needed to mention actually,
They usually rest him for a game after every 15 or 20 games.

mikebel111 is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:07 AM
  #91
weems
Registered User
 
weems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,298
vCash: 500
DJ Davis another great game

2-5, with a triple, double and SB

weems is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:41 AM
  #92
ihaveyuidonttouchme
Registered User
 
ihaveyuidonttouchme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 0
How has Thames been doing(as i see he got a hr tonight)? Is he just doing his thing? hitting better? or just...bleh?

ihaveyuidonttouchme is online now  
Old
08-21-2012, 02:08 AM
  #93
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
How has Thames been doing(as i see he got a hr tonight)? Is he just doing his thing? hitting better? or just...bleh?
you'd be better served asking a mariners fan

dredeye is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 02:09 AM
  #94
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
not needed to mention actually,
They usually rest him for a game after every 15 or 20 games.
Not sure I get your point. He wasn't in the game so I mentioned it.

dredeye is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 07:22 AM
  #95
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey
 
Diamond Joe Quimby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
How has Thames been doing(as i see he got a hr tonight)? Is he just doing his thing? hitting better? or just...bleh?
In 56 AB's as a Mariner, he's got a line of .286\.322\.500. He's struck out 16 times, and walked only 3. Has two home runs; the 2nd came last night. Very similar to what he did when he first came up last year. Low on-base, ok avg, has a little pop, strikes out a lot because of the holes in his swing.

Diamond Joe Quimby is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 08:15 AM
  #96
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey
 
Diamond Joe Quimby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,326
vCash: 500
Pretty good night on the farm, as mentioned throughout the thread in bits and pieces. Figured I'd summarize some of the highlights of the notable prospects since I'm bored in the office and waiting for a meeting to start. Sorry for the long post.

New Hampshire:

- Sean Nolin (89); debut at Double-A: 5.0IP/4 hits/1 ER/8 SO - 2BB (9-0, 2.19 ERA in FSL this year)
- Marcus Stroman (91); 1.0IP/1 ER/1 SO - 2BB (2 - 0, 3.00 ERA in EL) Opponents hitting .177 off him in his 13 professional outings.
- John Stilson (90); 2.0IP/1 hit, 0 ER/4 SO - 1BB. Lowered his ERA to 4.40 in AA. (Was 3-0, 2.82 ERA in FSL this year)

Lansing:

- Gustavo Pierre (3B)(91); 2 for 5, (3B, HR) 3 RBI. .263/.319/.435. Feels like he's been around forever. Quietly having a decent year with the bat, and still young. He is repeating the level though.
- Chris Hawkins (RF)(91); 2 for 4. .276/.343/.383. Brett Gardner type. Good range, decent speed, no power.

- Aaron Sanchez (92); 4.0IP/1 Hit/3 SO - 3BB. 2.27/8-3/89 SO, Opponents hitting .186 off of him this year. He seems healthy in his second start after a stint on the DL. Good sign. Control still seems to be his biggest development point, but his talent is undeniable.

Vancouver:

- Kellen Sweeney (3B)(91); 2 for 4, 1BB. .227/.331/.382. He's actually been hitting, with a line of .325/.372/.475 in his last 10 games.
- Jason Leblebijian (2B)(91); 2 for 5, 2 SO. .291/.331/.405.
- Taylor Cole (89); 6.0IP/1 Hit/6 SO - 2BB. 5-0, 1.02 ERA Repeating the level.
- Colton Turner (91); 2.0IP/0 Hits/4 SO - 0BB. 2-0, 1.80 ERA

Bluefield:

- D.J. Davis (CF)(94); 2 for 5, 2 runs, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI. .391/.440/.565 in 6 games in Appy
- Christian Lopes (2B)(92); 1 for 3, 1 run, 1BB. .280/.343/.484
- Santiago Nessy (C)(92); 2 for 5, 1 run, 3 RBI. .256/.320/.456
- Alonzo Gonzalez (92); 6.0IP/2 hits/5 SO - 2BB in Appy debut

Diamond Joe Quimby is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 08:39 AM
  #97
aingefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
More fun on the farm tonight:
Brett Cecil strung together his third good start in a row - 7ip, 2er, 7w+h.
The AA pitching was reported on - great debut for Sean Nolin at that level. Nothing great with the bats, but Brad Glenn is having an OK/under the radar 759OPS year.
Aaron Sanchez went 4 SO inning, with 3 walks and 3 K's. Gustavo Pierre is raking: 2-5, HR, 3B.
Taylor Cole was dominant in VAN again. 6 SO innings, 6 K's, 3bb+h. Kellen Sweeney, 2-4, BB, 2B.
Alonzo Gonzalez hurled 6 SO innings with 5 k's for Bluefield. DJ Davis was 2-5 with 2XBH and stole home. Eric Arce keeps hitting: 7th HR in 115 AB's with OPS approaching 900. No idea why he doesn't play everyday.

aingefan is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 08:45 AM
  #98
Anthrax442
Registered User
 
Anthrax442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 470
I really hope Cecil can make it back. I like that kid.

Anthrax442 is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 11:10 AM
  #99
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Daniel Norris ‏@DanielNorris18

Airport chillin. Headed North of the boarder to Vancouver to play some ball. #promotion #godisgood #jklivin http://instagr.am/p/Ol4On-xaQt/
Norris promoted to Vancouver. He's struggled a lot this season but he's still got great stuff. Missing bats and not walking too many right now but he's been hit hard. Seems like he's pitched better than what his ERA has shown and I guess Jays believe that too.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:16 PM
  #100
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
jcollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Norris promoted to Vancouver. He's struggled a lot this season but he's still got great stuff. Missing bats and not walking too many right now but he's been hit hard. Seems like he's pitched better than what his ERA has shown and I guess Jays believe that too.
Hopefully in a corresponding move the Jays send Cole to Lansing.

Cole would start for Lansing along side Sanchez, Nicolino and Syndergaard and DeSclafani

jcollins is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.