HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

August 2012: Scott Hartnell Signs Extension (6 years, $4.75m cap hit, limited NMC)

Old
08-21-2012, 11:09 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
this is what sticks out the most to me:

Quote:
As a player rep, who is part of the negotiating committee on the next CBA, you can imagine his fellow members of the NHLPA probably aren’t too happy, either
ya, players arent greedy at all....he could have gotten more, but chose less and the PA is mad at that? gimme a break. all the owners' faults, eh?

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 11:26 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post

ya, players arent greedy at all....he could have gotten more, but chose less and the PA is mad at that? gimme a break. all the owners' faults, eh?
Hartnell recognized that he has a good situation and likely will be on a line with Claude Giroux for the foreseeable future. No need to jeopardize that in order to win temporary accolades in the eyes of eventual competition.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 11:29 AM
BrimFullofAsham45

Quote:

Thought the same thing.

It really irks me when I read things like that. So a player taking a hometown discount to stay 11 years in a city is bad thing? The league is in a sad state, I'm afraid.

BrimFullofAsham45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
are you serious?

no thanks to the powder puff twins

I don't care how many points they put up, you'll never win a cup with these two as the (ugly) faces of your franchise
it was an allstar joke you wiener.

Also, all sports agents can suck a dick.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:22 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

agents are ****ing scum.
who gives a rats ass if they dont like Hartnell took a hometown discount.

Quote:
are you serious?

no thanks to the powder puff twins

I don't care how many points they put up, you'll never win a cup with these two as the (ugly) faces of your franchise
come on you dont want to re-unite the Sedin triplets haha

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:30 PM
toughfighter83*

why are people so in love hartnell? because he was great one season with jagr? he's gone, if he falls of the wagon this season, what's the excuse going to be? what about the defense?

do you fans even care about winning or is about favoritism? there's no accountability in this organization or the fans. he disappeared in the playoffs, what about that? i mean seriously what do you love about him? the guy cant shoot, cant skate, turns over the puck.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
why are people so in love hartnell? because he was great one season with jagr? he's gone, if he falls of the wagon this season, what's the excuse going to be? what about the defense?

do you fans even care about winning or is about favoritism? there's no accountability in this organization or the fans. he disappeared in the playoffs, what about that? i mean seriously what do you love about him? the guy cant shoot, cant skate, turns over the puck.
We sign someone else, and you ***** about how they don't bring enough grit. We sign someone who brigs grit, and you ***** anyways.

08-21-2012, 12:49 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium
it was an allstar joke you wiener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
come on you don't want to re-unite the Sedin triplets haha
Thanks for beating me to the response. I laughed out loud at Hartnell's "Sedin triplets" quote in the ASG, almost as much as "Suck it, Phaneuf!"

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:55 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Thanks for beating me to the response. I laughed out loud at Hartnell's "Sedin triplets" quote in the ASG, almost as much as "Suck it, Phaneuf!"
haha no problem. that was great haha.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 08-21-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Cleaning
Old
08-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

Who would you like the Flyers to bring in?

This reminds me of all the people saying fire Lavy, but then wouldn't have anyone they could think of to replace him.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:16 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
We sign someone else, and you ***** about how they don't bring enough grit. We sign someone who brigs grit, and you ***** anyways.

what's your excuse if he doesnt do **** in playoffs again and sucks in the regular season before jagr came here? where's the accountability? plus what is wrong with you? do you even watch games or just look at his jersey?

Old
08-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
what's your excuse if he doesnt do **** in playoffs again and sucks in the regular season before jagr came here? where's the accountability? plus what is wrong with you? do you even watch games or just look at his jersey?

This is all just hilarious. I don't even know what to say about it, it's so off-base.

Answer me this: Which player on this team is good? Who would you keep?

In the past you've made it clear that you think Giroux, Schenn, Schenn, Couturier, Timonen, Hartnell, Simmonds, Voracek and Talbot all suck and are terrible, just the worst damned players ever. I'm sure I'm leaving others out. Who on this team is a good player? Is there a single good player on this team?

If not, how the **** is it possible for them to win games and make it to the second round?

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Prongo
Beer

To Toughfighter83

Let's establish something real quick here. Hartnell didn't suck before Jagr arrived in Philly. He had one bad year, where there was reports of him having personal issues. No matter who you are, you are never immune to having problems non hockey related. We treat these people like machines, they are human and have the abilitly to be over whelmed.

Now calling Hartnell average is pretty funny. Well in his 5 seasons as a Flyer he has averaged 52.7 points. That my friend is not average. Average first line numbers yes, but he doesn't just bring that to the game. He fights, fore checks, gritty as hell, hits, and plays good defense. Hartnell brings a ton to the table, and this deal is great. Flyers management loves what Hartnell brings in the locker room obviously too.

Hartnell is averaging 25 goals a year since the trade to the Flyers. Excluding that one horrible year, he would be averaging close to 29. He deserved much more money than he received on this contract.

And this whole ordeal with him not showing up in the playoffs?? 8 points in 11 games is not terrible. He averages .55 points per game in the playoffs since joining the Flyers. He brings a style that is absolutely needed as well during the playoff stretch. You need someone like him(and Simmonds also) to bring a heavy fore check and the ability to win the battles in the corners.

Also if anyone is upset about the NMC, I just don't know what to tell you. Almost all the players who are eligible for one at his salary have one or a NTC. He was getting it no matter what, so no need to judge the contract on that matter.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
To Toughfighter83

Let's establish something real quick here. Hartnell didn't suck before Jagr arrived in Philly. He had one bad year, where there was reports of him having personal issues. No matter who you are, you are never immune to having problems non hockey related. We treat these people like machines, they are human and have the abilitly to be over whelmed.

Now calling Hartnell average is pretty funny. Well in his 5 seasons as a Flyer he has averaged 52.7 points. That my friend is not average. Average first line numbers yes, but he doesn't just bring that to the game. He fights, fore checks, gritty as hell, hits, and plays good defense. Hartnell brings a ton to the table, and this deal is great. Flyers management loves what Hartnell brings in the locker room obviously too.

Hartnell is averaging 25 goals a year since the trade to the Flyers. Excluding that one horrible year, he would be averaging close to 29. He deserved much more money than he received on this contract.

And this whole ordeal with him not showing up in the playoffs?? 8 points in 11 games is not terrible. He averages .55 points per game in the playoffs. He brings a style that is absolutely needed as well during the playoff stretch. You need someone like him(and Simmonds also) to bring a heavy fore check and the ability to win the battles in the corners.
He had .72 ppg last year, above his average. Two years ago he was an integral part of our best line.

He's also missed 1 game in the last 4 years; not bad for a guy who plays a physical brand of hockey and goes to the hard spots.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
He had .72 ppg last year, above his average. Two years ago he was an integral part of our best line.

He's also missed 1 game in the last 4 years; not bad for a guy who plays a physical brand of hockey and goes to the hard spots.
Also very good points, I have no clue why somebody would have a problem with this deal or him as a player. He took a 550K raise and would have made substantially more on the market. Hartnell is a core piece, and deserved every part of the deal he got, and probably a lot more.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:38 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:

This is all just hilarious. I don't even know what to say about it, it's so off-base.

Answer me this: Which player on this team is good? Who would you keep?

In the past you've made it clear that you think Giroux, Schenn, Schenn, Couturier, Timonen, Hartnell, Simmonds, Voracek and Talbot all suck and are terrible, just the worst damned players ever. I'm sure I'm leaving others out. Who on this team is a good player? Is there a single good player on this team?

If not, how the **** is it possible for them to win games and make it to the second round?

accept giroux, none of them are good, you dont want to hear it, you want to hear they will win a cup, this is the same roster as last year, what makes you think they will get to the playoffs anyway? or win a cup? if this team is built to win, i wouldnt be negative about it, but philly never wins, it's been 37 years, how is it team any better now?

Old
08-21-2012, 01:39 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
and what is your excuse? I am convinced you dont watch the games. You just spew your crap to get a rise and reaction out of people. I doubt you are even a Flyer fan.
Its one thing to be negative. You just are negative about everything. Listening to you would make you think the Flyers have been a last place team for the last 2 decades.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 08-21-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: you are, not your
Old
08-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Prongo
Beer

It seems like Toughfighter just wants a bunch of 90 point players, and that would guarantee a Stanley Cup to this fine city of Philadelphia. Calling everyone else on this team besides Giroux bad is ridiculous. I forget we have two very skilled young centers in Couts and Schenn (19 and 20 years of age). To say they won't get better is asinine, especially with how much respect teams have for their talent. The team needs to really address one matter, the defense. If you really think Homer is going to sit on his hands with that matter, then you really have not been following this team.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:46 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Quote:
accept giroux, none of them are good, you dont want to hear it, you want to hear they will win a cup, this is the same roster as last year, what makes you think they will get to the playoffs anyway? or win a cup? if this team is built to win, i wouldnt be negative about it, but philly never wins, it's been 37 years, how is it team any better now?
Then show us what you would do as GM to make them a Stanley Cup team.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
So Giroux is the only good player on this team. Uh-huh.

Please, go find any other team that has only one good player and a bunch of chaff to fill the roster out. Go look up how they've fared in the last few seasons. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Done? OK. What you found is that those teams were absolutely terrible...yet the Flyers have done well. What does this indicate? Here, I'll help you: it indicates that the Flyers have more depth and skill beyond just Giroux. That's why loads of paid hockey analysts have spent the last few seasons praising Philly's depth. Why do you think they'd do that if our whole roster is actually garbage?

Old
08-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
not winning in 37 years just shows how dumb fans and management really are, because you dont get the word not getting it, until this team really crumbles then you'll probably get it.
This is the whole purpose of being a fan man. Do I expect the Flyers to win the Cup every year, you are damn right I do. Is it realistic for them to do that, well we all know the answer to that question. This team is nowhere near crumbling state, are you sure you are not talking about Columbus. Flyers always challenge, and make the dance, we will eventually make it through and win the Cup.

Are you even a fan of this team? You non stop trash them and now you are including the fan base as well. Why even be here talking about it if you lack respect for the franchise? Move onto a new club, the Kings probably would be a good team for you, since they won last year.

Old
08-21-2012, 02:11 PM
kicksave27

He needs to be put with the proper complimentary players to be effective. But he has that with G and jake. They are both going to be even better this year, and hartnell with be there to do the dirty work for them. Though as much as I enjoy the hartnell down thing, it would be nice if he didn't fall down so much, it's embarrassing.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:14 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Thought the same thing.

It really irks me when I read things like that. So a player taking a hometown discount to stay 11 years in a city is bad thing? The league is in a sad state, I'm afraid.
I'm shocked that people think this is a discount. He has been in the league for a very long time and this contract doesn't start till he's in his 30s. Everyone hopes he'll have a slow decline but he's not going to be on the top line for a lot more years so as a second liner, it's a good number. When he's 35, 36 it could be a terrible cap hit but for the first few years it's good.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:13 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Like i said in earlier post it doesnt maker the money or the length of the deal people are going to whine and pick it apart thank god theses posters are not the GM of the flyers.

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I'm shocked that people think this is a discount. He has been in the league for a very long time and this contract doesn't start till he's in his 30s. Everyone hopes he'll have a slow decline but he's not going to be on the top line for a lot more years so as a second liner, it's a good number. When he's 35, 36 it could be a terrible cap hit but for the first few years it's good.
So you think this is the best deal he could have got on the open market? If you think he could have gotten better, then it's a discount.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote