HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Assuming Lockout, any B's Providence bound?

Old
08-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Assuming Lockout, any B's Providence bound?

IF the NHL goes into Lockout mode, which (if any) of the current Boston Bruin players would consider playing in Providence? Would Seguin consider playing in the AHL. Tuukka? Marchand?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 10:40 AM
jdulieu

Any player that has a 2-way contract is allowed to go down

jdulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulieu View Post
I'd guess only Caron fits the criteria?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulieu View Post
I believe it has less to do with two way contracts and more to so with waiver eligibility. Whoever can be sent to Providence without passing through waivers would be a candidate.

that's what I've heard anyway.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Mancini0518

I think i read that if you've played over 160 games you are waiver eligible. That means that Seguin and Marchand would have to play in Europe like the older guys

Mancini0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Myself, if I was a Bruin for the last 5 years you would not see me in the AHL for this.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:03 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

they can also sign a conditional AHL contract with providence and play without going through waivers or having to have a 2 way contract.

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 01:03 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Caron and Khudobin would be obvious- Seguin is on a two-way first contract but has played in 155 regular season games- not sure how that works with playoffs;

Boston would probably want Seguin playing if there is a lockout so he is in game shape when it ends- not sure he'd balk, he's pretty good friends with some of the guys he'd be playing with and many of the guys he'd be playing against.

If I'm Boston I'd want him in the AHL. It did not hurt Staal, Bergeron, Spezza and many others last go around.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Brass97

The AHL has crazy rules for veterans, right? As in, you're only allowed to have x amount of players who have played x amount of NHL games and so on and so forth? I remember watching a video where Bruce Landon (general manager of the Springfield Falcons) explained their roster policies.

Brass97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

I wonder if theres a friendly unwritten rule that allows younger type players to pass through waivers to play in the AHL if theyre over the limit.

Having Seguin in the AHL would be great for everyone...gives Spooner/Knight a budding superstar to play with and Seguin some more time playing in the same system as Boston.

Knight Spooner Seguin

(Just saying )

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Res Nullius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
I wonder if theres a friendly unwritten rule that allows younger type players to pass through waivers to play in the AHL if theyre over the limit.

Having Seguin in the AHL would be great for everyone...gives Spooner/Knight a budding superstar to play with and Seguin some more time playing in the same system as Boston.

Knight Spooner Seguin

(Just saying )
I feel like they might even throw Seguin at C down in the A. That'd be fun to watch. Regardless of the configuration, that line has me thinking, "Now how am I gonna get to RI?"

Res Nullius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass97 View Post
The AHL has crazy rules for veterans, right? As in, you're only allowed to have x amount of players who have played x amount of NHL games and so on and so forth? I remember watching a video where Bruce Landon (general manager of the Springfield Falcons) explained their roster policies.
Here it is....you can carry as many veterans on the roster you want....it's dressing them for games that's the issue.

Quote:
What is the AHL's development rule?

In the AHL, player development is a top priority. The American Hockey League and the Professional Hockey Players' Association have the following development rule in place for the 2011-12 season:

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a regular-season game, at least 13 must be qualified as "development players." Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL, IHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Nullius View Post
I feel like they might even throw Seguin at C down in the A. That'd be fun to watch. Regardless of the configuration, that line has me thinking, "Now how am I gonna get to RI?"
Yeah either or, as long as hes getting #1 time in every situation.

Wouldnt mind seeing him get PK time too. Don't think he'll ever be a Selke level forward, but I can see him being Krejci-like defensively.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 04:50 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass97 View Post
They should get rid of the rule for cases of lockouts. Do something like anyone 25 and under is eligible who's already played in the NHL.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote