HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Barstool Officially Sued

Old
08-20-2012, 09:05 PM
navyduck

vCash: 500
Does this mean we can't call him bar stool anymore?

navyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:30 PM
GreatBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
No surprise there.
You think you know what a jury should do, but you never know what it will actually do until it comes back. I am not surprised by the verdict, particularly since I used film of the plaintiff in some of the cases that I worked on to good effect to show that the plaintiff was either lying about or exaggerating the extent of their injury. However, you never know. Jurors have been known to do give what appear to be very strange decisions.

GreatBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:47 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

No surprise, as said previously, I found it very suss not a single person in the press box saw him picking the stool up and hitting her deliberately with it.

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Looks like barstool got saved by incompetent lawyering. Woman should had hired Larry H Parker.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:41 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

That does sound like incompetent lawyering. It seems like it would be hard to claim it was intentional assault without criminal assault charges.

But barstool is still a perfectly good nickname. Assault or no, he did throw (or "push") a barstool out of anger.

edit: Insert even more incompetent than Murray joke here.

Last edited by snarktacular: 08-21-2012 at 02:48 PM.
snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

So her current lawyer blames her old lawyer for losing? I'm shocked.

She tried to claim it was intentional and the jury called BS on her. Yes, perhaps BM should have been liable for some expenses even though it was accidental. But maybe if she had not tried to claim he intentionally ruined her life they would have settled it out of court. Karma's a *****. She got exactly what she deserved.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:18 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerky leclerc View Post
looks like barstool got saved by incompetent lawyering. Woman should had hired larry h parker.
I'll fight for you.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:24 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post

She tried to claim it was intentional and the jury called BS on her. Yes, perhaps BM should have been liable for some expenses even though it was accidental. But maybe if she had not tried to claim he intentionally ruined her life they would have settled it out of court. Karma's a *****. She got exactly what she deserved.
This.

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:01 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
I'll fight for you.
I miss the 2.5 million guy

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Exit Dose

"He played surveillance video at trial showing Paris filling and lifting a 2 ½-gallon gas can into her SUV and then reaching high overhead with both arms to close the hatchback."

My dad ran a claims adjustment service when I was a kid. Court stories like this were always my favorite.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post

Agreed. Either her lawyer was too ambitious, or she didn't listen to him. Bottom line though, you aren't going to get a murder 1 conviction without a lot of evidence.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 02:28 AM
Finnpin

All the time you can see stupid law suits from USA in Finnish tabloids as a humor news...latest was when some woman sued Dallas Cowboys because there wasn't warning sing in the stadium about seats beeing hot in hot weather and the woman burned her bum

Urban legend or not? If you buy a microwave oven there...is there a txt in the manual? " Do not warm pets/animals in the oven"

Seriously the USA law department have some huge holes in there

Last edited by Finnpin: 08-24-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 02:51 PM
duari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
All the time you can see stupid law suits from USA in Finnish tabloids as a humor news...latest was when some woman sued Dallas Cowboys because there wasn't warning sing in the stadium about seats beeing hot in hot weather and the woman burned her bum

Urban legend or not? If you buy a microwave oven there...is there a txt in the manual? " Do not warm pets/animals in the oven"

Seriously the USA law department have some huge holes in there
That's nothing...A man successfully sued an RV company because he thought the cruise control actually controlled the RV. Basically, he turned on cruise control, left the front seat to go make coffee in the back of the RV and crashed into a ditch.

Because of that, all RV companies have to include that the cruise control doesn't actually control the vehicle in the manual

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duari91 View Post
That's nothing...A man successfully sued an RV company because he thought the cruise control actually controlled the RV. Basically, he turned on cruise control, left the front seat to go make coffee in the back of the RV and crashed into a ditch.

Because of that, all RV companies have to include that the cruise control doesn't actually control the vehicle in the manual
OMG! hahahahhahahahah It's so sad that it's just funny! I can't believe people have to pay for other people's ignorance. The constitution allows you to be an idiot, but why does everyone else have to compensate for it.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Finnpin

^ LOL

Don't get sued in USA: Get warning signs in every yard and produce product manuals that has 10.000 pages.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by duari91 View Post

That never happened. See this. That urban legend began when cruise control was first introduced.

The woman who is suing the cowboys probably doesn't have a claim.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote