HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ever been to Decarie Square?

Old
08-21-2012, 02:37 PM
xposbrad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Yeah that mall is terrible. I go there for Winners and Homesense because it's actually really really good...I buy all my workout and golf shifts there...Dry-fit Nike stuff for like $15, really solid brands and dirt cheap.

The most random store is the baby proofing store. I've never seen a store like that before and I had no idea that there was a market for this sort of thing. I can't imagine how most of those stores are still open though...They started renting out huge chunks of it for office space.
hah I do the same, I get my nike dri fit stuff for the gym there and track pants. I'm moving to the west island but that mall has been dead for years. I used to go to Gym Zone which is in there too, but Winners is the only thing carrying that mall. They might as well take it down and build something else there.

Btw, PF changs is opening up right near Marathon. Thank god they are coming in here before any new language laws come about because I love PF changs and wouldn't want them scared away by the political BS we have in this province. We already don't have a lot of chains/stores because of the language nonsense..

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Burke the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
We already don't have a lot of chains/stores because of the language nonsense..
needs chipotle grill

Burke the Legend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 04:50 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Recently enough it was a 2-3 phase project but the movie theatre I think is still there.
I live 5 minutes walking distance away from Cavendish mall. It is now called Quartier Cavendish haha.

Basically the IGA, Pharmaprix, SAQ and the movie theatre are still there.

You also have hair salons, the food court (McD, chinese place and a Jewish restaurant), TD, Scotiabank and a bistro. It also has a CLSC and Bureau en Gros attached to it.

It is really small now and contains just essentials.

As for Decarie Square, it's a ghost town. There is a sports shop at the entrance is there not? It also had a Kosher restaurant that was closed because of rats hahaha

Last edited by HH: 08-21-2012 at 04:56 PM.
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:01 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:

Btw, PF changs is opening up right near Marathon. Thank god they are coming in here before any new language laws come about because I love PF changs and wouldn't want them scared away by the political BS we have in this province. We already don't have a lot of chains/stores because of the language nonsense..
PF Changs on decarie?

That's overpriced american chain fake Chinese food... can't wait!

Worst hot-n-sour soup I have ever tasted though (tangy soya sauce).

Essentially it's like every other american chain restaurant...

Welcoming and friendly.

Comfortable and large.

Food looks great on the menu, even better when it arrives.

Taste really good until about past the half way point of your meal... by the end of the meal, you start getting ill and are getting an allergic reaction, such as breaking out in a sweat and feeling very itchy.

By the time the bill is paid you have already been to the toilet and are vowing to your loved one that you will never eat at this establishment again.

Repeat every 6 months.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:07 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
PF Changs on decarie?

That's overpriced american chain fake Chinese food... can't wait!

Worst hot-n-sour soup I have ever tasted though (tangy soya sauce).

Essentially it's like every other american chain restaurant...

Welcoming and friendly.

Comfortable and large.

Food looks great on the menu, even better when it arrives.

Taste really good until about past the half way point of your meal... by the end of the meal, you start getting ill and are getting an allergic reaction, such as breaking out in a sweat and feeling very itchy.

By the time the bill is paid you have already been to the toilet and are vowing to your loved one that you will never eat at this establishment again.

Repeat every 6 months.
Stop eating catdog

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 02:34 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

A little OT, because this article deals with something that happened Carrefour Angrignon

Pretty funny story

http://eliasmakos.com/2010/11/20/don...ugs-after-you/

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
A little OT, because this article deals with something that happened Carrefour Angrignon

Pretty funny story

http://eliasmakos.com/2010/11/20/don...ugs-after-you/
I remember this, Elias used to be a Concordia employee in the Journalism department and he told us that story. Pretty funny how non-stories like this one can be overblown by store employees who have nothing better to do. Then again, working in ghost malls must be pretty disturbing.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 03:44 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
I remember this, Elias used to be a Concordia employee in the Journalism department and he told us that story. Pretty funny how non-stories like this one can be overblown by store employees who have nothing better to do. Then again, working in ghost malls must be pretty disturbing.
Ah ok

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Most Centre-Ville Malls are crap & full of discount stores in all major Cities. Montreal has a Metro System & Ste-Catherine Street were all the good stuff is minutes away.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao View Post
I've been there for the first time today. Funny since I've seen this place over and over for years without ever getting in.

Since Hampstead is right next door, and there's a couple of elegant places nearby (like the Marathon restaurant near the Orange Julep) [...]

I wonder if one day Rockland Center and La Baie will end up looking like Decarie Square.
lol what kind of stuff are you smoking to think marathons is elegant?
on top of that you have a baton rouge right next to it and you chose marathons for an elegant example? you my friend are funny (i'm not saying it in a bad way you actually made me chuckle)

and about rocklands, you forget that it's not a parc ex mall as much as it is a tmr mall...
there expensive boutiques and the mall has been renovated almost 3 times in last 15 years...with many high end stores opening in the area. Many chosing rocklands over marche centrale.

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
It looks like a third world country in there. .
Welcome to Montreal.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:41 PM
guest1467

I went there the first week I moved to Montreal to buy kitchen ****.

Meh, I have seen worse.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
hah I do the same, I get my nike dri fit stuff for the gym there and track pants. I'm moving to the west island but that mall has been dead for years. I used to go to Gym Zone which is in there too, but Winners is the only thing carrying that mall. They might as well take it down and build something else there.

I PMed you.

Also is that dollar cinema any good anyone ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:21 AM
dre2112

Quote:
There was a really nice restaurant right next to there on the other side of Decarie, it was called La Diligence. Ever been there? Now they turned it into an Amir and a Dunn's

I LOVE hot & spicy. All you can eat a la carte... can't go wrong

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote