HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Office - Season 9

Old
08-21-2012, 02:59 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 500
The Office - Season 9

Earlier today, it was confirmed that the Office will complete its series run with it's 9th and final season.

News article and some Season 9 spoilers:
http://www.officetally.com/the-offic...after-season-9

What a fantastic show, although Season 8 was at some points, awful - it looks like Season 9 will end with a bang that will cap this series. I seriously hope the series ends with a Michael/Holly wedding for the finale.

go_leafs_go02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quit watching halfway through SEason 8

Not sure if I'll stick around for the last season, I mean it was a good show but it's glory days are far behind them

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Elever
Hth

Still better than most of the other crap on TV. End of an era man, it's a shame that the mockumentary genre sort of died and never really took off. Parks & Rec was the only show it worked with, maybe 30 Rock and Modern Family but they're different and sort of stale. However these types of clever comedies like Community and Cougar Town might never have shown up without The Office.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

It's sad, but it's time unfortunately. I think this is what most Office fans expected, no more than 2 seasons without Steve Carrell.

But now that we have an actual end coming, what do people expect/want to see?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Better Call Saul

As a longtime fan, I'll watch season nine out of loyalty/habit, but good riddance. This show ranges from mediocre to lousy now.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:46 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
I have never seen the US version of the series

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

vCash: 2102
I suspected it would be the last season. Hopefully Michael comes back for a bit.

Whatever happened to Dwight's spinoff show? Is that still in the plans?

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:02 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

No better way to end the series than a Michael/Holly wedding. If it doesn't end with that I'll be disappointed.

Love the show, not upset that this is going to be the last season.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:08 PM
17futurecap

Happy that it's ending, and hopefully Greg Daniels can give us a great last season.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:10 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
No better way to end the series than a Michael/Holly wedding. If it doesn't end with that I'll be disappointed.
Isn't that a bit cliche? Why don't you want something interesting? How about David makes Jim the manager and forces him to fire the worst salesperson for a quarter, to consolidate accounts and trim costs, and it turns out to be Pam, and he has to either fire Pam or quit, and in the final scene of the final episode, Jim brings Pam into his office, tells her with tears in his eyes that he has to let her go, and the final minute is both of them crying uncontrollably, and then the credits play to complete silence.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:11 PM
RayP

Definitely glad to know this is the last season. If I didn't know that, I probably wouldn't have bothered to watch unless I was supremely bored.

Now I just hope they can the Dwight show idea, that is so awful sounding.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:12 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Isn't that a bit cliche? Why don't you want something interesting? How about David makes Jim the manager and forces him to fire the worst salesperson for a quarter, to consolidate accounts and trim costs, and it turns out to be Pam, and he has to either fire Pam or quit, and in the final scene of the final episode, Jim brings Pam into his office, tells her with tears in his eyes that he has to let her go, and the final minute is both of them crying uncontrollably, and then the credits play to complete silence.
I'd probably stick my head straight through my TV if that is how they ended it. What a terrible idea for an ending. Give me the cliche final episode all day over garbage like this. That's just not the style of the office, especially when you factor in how terrible some of these employees are, yet never get fired. Now you want management to drop the hammer for basically the first time in 9 years? How about no.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:15 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:

Love the show, not upset that this is going to be the last season.
I will be severely disappointed if they end the series with a Michael/Holly wedding.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:17 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I'd probably stick my head straight through my TV if that is how they ended it. What a terrible idea for an ending. Give me the cliche final episode all day over garbage like this. That's just not the style of the office, especially when you factor in how terrible some of these employees are, yet never get fired. Now you want management to drop the hammer for basically the first time in 9 years? How about no.
New manager David Wallace with direct control over a solitary branch. It would be plausible.

I fear it'll end with an Andy/Erin wedding. This show is too bubbly and predictable.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:17 PM
ThaDevilGirl

It's about time it ends. It was fun but it's better to move on.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Greg Daniels back as showrunner could help end this show on a high note. But honestly I didn't mind season 8 at all up until they brought in the female David Brent. Then it got pretty bad at times. But until then it wasn't any worse than the last few seasons with Carrell.

Also want to mention that Bryan Cranston is directing an episode this season.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:34 PM
JWells16

I'll watch because I want to see what happens... I don't think it's very funny anymore though, unfortunately.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
YES!! Please make it happen!

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:00 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I want it to end with a Michael and Holly ending. It's not glamorous, it's predictable, but it's what deserves to happen.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 250
I bet Toby's the Scranton Strangler.

08-21-2012, 06:21 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Or better yet! Pam gets a call at her desk at the end of the last episode, it's daycare. Cici (or however you spell their kids name) choked on a block and died! Cue credits as Pam's mouth opens in despair as she turns and looks at Jim.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:25 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Or better yet! Pam gets a call at her desk at the end of the last episode, it's daycare. Cici (or however you spell their kids name) choked on a block and died! Cue credits as Pam's mouth opens in despair as she turns and looks at Jim.

Come on. There's no depth to it. With my scenario, Jim has to make a tough decision, and he makes it because he's given the unavoidable situation that only one of the Halperts can remain working at Dunder Miffin. He chooses himself because he wants to bring up a family, and he makes more money than Pam, so it makes more sense for the children's benefit to have him remain there. And they both realize it and they both understand why it needs to happen, and they cry at the mutual realization that they've just closed the book on the prime of their life, the most amazing and interesting years they'll ever know - the beautiful decade they spent working together. Now it's the real world.

Your story is just a dead baby.

Old
08-21-2012, 08:32 PM
The New Originals

Quote:

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

If you've watched this show like...at all, ever...you'd never believe even for a split second that Jim would fire Pam. Not even for a second.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:37 PM
The New Originals

Who cares? He was joking anyway.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote