HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings trying to troll the Wings

Old
08-20-2012, 07:05 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

vCash: 500
Kings trying to troll the Wings

http://deadspin.com/5936371/the-king...mment=52025122

I find it hilarious. I still think the Wings should make the playoffs if Datsyuk and Z dont get injured, but will quickly be eliminated in the 1st round.

WingedWheel1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 07:45 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post

I find it hilarious. I still think the Wings should make the playoffs if Datsyuk and Z dont get injured, but will quickly be eliminated in the 1st round.
You seem to go back and forth on this issue, so I find it funny you are bent out of shape.

In any case the writer they are quoting there also picked the Pens to be the team to miss it in the East hoping on Crosby and Malkin injuries. A second writer said the Wings could miss, but it would be foolish to count out that organization.

Personally if I had to pick one team to miss it in the West it would be Phoenix. I don't believe in Mike Smith being able to repeat that even with all world goalie coach Sean Burke. Whitney has also been their top offensive threat as far as stirring the drink that is a big loss.

The back and forth on Twitter is amusing, but just let the Kings run their mouth. I am sure the people at Staples Center know how to hang banners from the Lakers. Very interesting to see two teams twitter handles go heads up like this a sign of the times I guess.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:08 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
You seem to go back and forth on this issue, so I find it funny you are bent out of shape.

In any case the writer they are quoting there also picked the Pens to be the team to miss it in the East hoping on Crosby and Malkin injuries. A second writer said the Wings could miss, but it would be foolish to count out that organization.

Personally if I had to pick one team to miss it in the West it would be Phoenix. I don't believe in Mike Smith being able to repeat that even with all world goalie coach Sean Burke. Whitney has also been their top offensive threat as far as stirring the drink that is a big loss.

The back and forth on Twitter is amusing, but just let the Kings run their mouth. I am sure the people at Staples Center know how to hang banners from the Lakers. Very interesting to see two teams twitter handles go heads up like this a sign of the times I guess.
What do you mean i go back and fourth? I have them pegged as a 6-10th seed and stated that Z and Datsyuk need to stay healthy all year for them to make it. I am pretty consistent with my opinion on the team going into next season. I think many of my "fans" can attest to that.

I dont think im getting bent out of shape about it. I just happen to find it hilarious that the Kings are trying to trash talk the Wings even if they are declining. People in LA wont even care about the Kings next season now that the Lakers reloaded and there isnt a lockout.

I agree that Phoenix could definitely miss the playoffs.

Old
08-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Sameheda

Hilarious coming from a team that barely made the playoffs and won it's 1st and only Cup through a mix of luck and health and other teams practically handing them the trophy.

Sameheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Did you read LA's twitter during the playoffs? The guy running it is a toolbag to everyone.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Licklas Nidstrom

Advantage: Red Wings.

Licklas Nidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 09:53 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licklas Nidstrom View Post
Advantage: Red Wings.
Basically, this.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I wonder what those strides in banner hanging are that they've made in the last 4 years?

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I wonder what those strides in banner hanging are that they've made in the last 4 years?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHOnUTEStsg

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:

Yeah, I remember way back when I had my first beer.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:00 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Would the Kings like a free crash course on how to score goals? I'm sure Drew Miller and Corey Emmerton would be thrilled to teach them.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

Wow, a "since you last won" jab taken at a team that won the cup 4 years ago?

I mean, I would get it if it was Toronto or something, but really that's the best they've got for the Wings?

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:18 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkspleen View Post
Wow, a "since you last won" jab taken at a team that won the cup 4 years ago?

I mean, I would get it if it was Toronto or something, but really that's the best they've got for the Wings?
Well a lot of the Wings own fan-base seems to be taking this jab all off-season. So I guess it doesn't surprise me. Heck the LA Kings didn't even get to reign all year in their own market the Lakers go out and get Nash and Howard and they are once again back page news.

Old
08-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Capsized
Parity is a Disease

Quote:
Well a lot of the Wings own fan-base seems to be taking this jab all off-season. So I guess it doesn't surprise me. Heck the LA Kings didn't even get to reign all year in their own market the Lakers go out and get Nash and Howard and they are once again back page news.
The Kings have always been back page news in LA.

Capsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 10:58 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Did you read LA's twitter during the playoffs? The guy running it is a toolbag to everyone.
There are actually two guys who write the tweets and handle the account, and they are 27 and 31 years old. Usually the people in charge of public media are older and more mature.

I honestly don't know what to think of the concept. On the one hand the tweets are obviously directed toward Kings fans, and I'm sure they are amused to no end. Plus Twitter is a younger demographic anyway, and flaming is rampant on there. On the other hand, it is juvenile and I'd expect more decorum out of a professional team.

I would expect the Wings are too classy of an organization to get involved in this type of thing.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Kind of odd for the Kings twitter guys to take a shot across the bow of the Wings, but it's the offseason so it's just a way to attract some attention to their team during the dead time of the offseason. The article itself just had one guy predict the Wings to miss the playoffs, which media types do for every sport before the season starts and I doubt he's the only hockey writer who will predict that.

As for the Kings twitter usage in general, I like it. I love hockey and I've come to follow it and the Wings more closely than other sports I like, but the NHL also has the most bland/vanilla players and marketing strategies of any sport, so I like seeing a little personality injected into it. The Kings twitter account was pretty funny during the playoffs last season.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:39 PM
jroc86

The Dead Wings went 3-1 against LA last year ... Go on with the chlorophyll.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:49 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

I suppose if they can't get attention from the people in their own city, they try to get it from the people in cities that actually pay attention when their hockey teams win.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:11 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:

Silliness would be entertaining, I suppose, if the league wasn't getting ready to shut down.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:41 PM
crashman

vCash: 714
The Red Wings social media people should have ignored it, but whatever...Twitter is for the ****in birds.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:43 PM
aar000n

love a team that had more losses than wins braging about their one cup. This team shows whats wrong with hockey when they have to have loser points to make the standings close and disguise the real records of teams.

aar000n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
Well a lot of the Wings own fan-base seems to be taking this jab all off-season. So I guess it doesn't surprise me.
No kidding.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:47 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
No kidding.
Cmon man, you know how it is? You have a friend you make fun of and it's all good, but the moment someone else outside of the group tries to make fun of him you dont find it amusing. WE get to rip on the Wings. Not some random non hockey market that wins one cup and suddenly their fan base acts like they are the most intelligent and passionate hockey fans on the planet.

Old
08-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Dustin16182

Dead wings 2.0. I have no problem being the underdog lets show the nhl what a verteran core can do! Im pumped, im stoked for this season to start. Im glad that we have a reason to show the nhl what our stars are capable of. Now all we need is a CBA.

Dustin16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:54 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin16182 View Post
Dead wings 2.0. I have no problem being the underdog lets show the nhl what a verteran core can do! Im pumped, im stoked for this season to start. Im glad that we have a reason to show the nhl what our stars are capable of. Now all we need is a CBA.
I agree with this thought, it has been a while since we had someone really tear up the league. We pointed to depth and balance. Datsyuk and Z have put up big seasons but I don't honestly know that either guy ever thought he HAD to do it. My guess is both guys believe that is the case and see it as a challenge. Would not surprise me at all to see Datsyuk go over a 100 for the first time. Z go back over a point a game by a couple points. They know there is heavy lifting to do and both guys usually up their game when counted on.

Now I know some will say counting on that is probably a bit too much. But sorry I believe in both guys and I think as life long Wings they will take this the Wings will decline on their watch personally. You think the Kronwall, Franzen, Filppula, Howard, Datsyuk and Zetterberg crew want to be the guys that were there when this started. I doubt it, and much like Z seems to up his game in the post-season every year. I think him putting the C on will have a big positive impact in his game. Counting out accomplished superstars is dangerous, I think our big two comes out guns blazing from all this off-season talk. If like you said the CBA is solved.