HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Softest NHL Team

Old
08-21-2012, 07:55 AM
BlackNgold 84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post

haha really those are the two fights you show.. from what 2 years ago? and phaneuf didn't take his helmet off like a *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Goldthorpe View Post
You missed Kassian, who should be a solid middleweight. Volpatti, who will rarely, if ever, play but can chuck 'em when he's in. And Alberts who, I guess, is at best a Hal Gill Jr. type tough guy... but is no shrinking violet. None of those guys changes the argument a huge amount, but all are worth mentioning.

Fortunately, Gilis has been drafting some toughness recently and if a few of our draft picks pan out, we'll be a much tougher team, fighting-wise and otherwise in the next couple of years.
Alberts? alberts is better than gill since he actually gets a punch off but usually falls all over himself. I don't think you can even call him a tough guy at all.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
Makes a lot of sense
Kostopolous dropped Bieksa, is he not a punching bag? Hell, I'm sure Stortini has a few wins too.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Kostopolous dropped Bieksa, is he not a punching bag? Hell, I'm sure Stortini has a few wins too.
Unstopulous has something like 3 wins out of all the fights he's had.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:30 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
Volpatti is a punching bag? The same guy who one punched Winchester?
Sean Avery 1 punched Smid...doesnt mean hes a good fighter

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Toronto i think is softer than last years cream puffs after trading Schenn and releasing Armstrong and Rosehill

If Orr does not play there is no one on the team outside of Brown and that makes for the cream puff title

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:04 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Sean Avery 1 punched Smid...doesnt mean hes a good fighter
That's not a very good comparison, Smid is an ok fighter and Winchester is a middle/heavyweight

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Toronto i think is softer than last years cream puffs after trading Schenn and releasing Armstrong and Rosehill

If Orr does not play there is no one on the team outside of Brown and that makes for the cream puff title
The term "cream puffs" and Brian Burke teams typically don't go together. Something has got to give.

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:41 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
Lapierre, Weise, and Kassian will be their 4th line, most likely. Kassian may move up. I doubt Desbiens plays more than 20 games. I just don't see them as a tough team.
It's not, it's just Calgary's just as bad. Jackman my ass, if that and Iginla is all you've got...yeah.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

Besides Chris Neil, Ottawa seems a bit soft. Especially with Carkner gone.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
Zack Smith is a scrappy guy that can put up some points, as well. But yes, with the subtractions of Matt Carkner and Zenon Konopka, Ottawa doesn't look as mean.

Old
08-23-2012, 10:34 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
Zack Smith is a scrappy guy that can put up some points, as well. But yes, with the subtractions of Matt Carkner and Zenon Konopka, Ottawa doesn't look as mean.
Ottawa also has Jared Cowen a big physical defenceman who will occasionally drop his gloves.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:36 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Blackhawks
Vancouver
Blackhawks
Calgary
Blackhawks
Colorado
Blackhawks

BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 12:40 AM
DeputyMcLaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post

They didn't release Rosehill, he's just a UFA I believe, Also by letting him walk I'm pretty sure Orr is coming back to the big squad this season. Makes us 10291029 times less "cream puffy".

DeputyMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 04:40 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownstache View Post
They didn't release Rosehill, he's just a UFA I believe, Also by letting him walk I'm pretty sure Orr is coming back to the big squad this season. Makes us 10291029 times less "cream puffy".
Hopefully Orr sees a significant amount of games in the NHL this year. I think if Burke was gonna bring Rosehill back, he would've brought him back by now.

Old
08-24-2012, 04:41 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Ottawa also has Jared Cowen a big physical defenceman who will occasionally drop his gloves.
Forgot about Cowen. Kid has some skill and he doesn't seem to be afraid to get his hands dirty.

Old
08-24-2012, 10:33 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

Cowen, Methot, Smith and Neil. Not bad.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Guido Sarducci

It's the Flames by a mile. Pretty much every move Feaster has made makes the Flames softer. Although most "enforcers" play the wing the foundation of team toughness comes from the D.

BOUWMEESTER- Perhaps the softest big minute D man in NHL history. Nobody is afraid of his smooth skating. Like Mike Peca said, he is a pleasure to play against. That's what the Flames throw at their opponent 25+ minutes a game.

BUTLER- Like Bouwmeester, but less skilled and even softer.

GIORDANO- Tough as nails and plays with grit. However, played with much less of an edge in 11/12.

WIDEMAN- Maybe someone who knows more about him can comment. But from what I have seen and heard, he is not very intimidating.

SARICH- Finally, someone who actually makes opponents keep their head up. He hits hard, and hits to hurt, and clean hits too. But he will play third pairing minutes at best, often a healthy scratch last season.

BRODIE- Good young D Man with a bright future. Also a soft player though.

SMITH- A useful player when used correctly. But on a physical level, doesn't scare anybody.

BABCHUK- A 6'5" player that plays 5'6"

So of 8 D, the Flames have ONE guy that you have to watch out for. And he plays 3rd pairing or not at all. And the softest of the soft, well they get the most minutes. The softest team in the league is the Flames, and by quite a wide margin. Maybe Jiri Hudler will help!

I know that this is the softest D in Flames history. I wonder where it would rank in league history. And what was Feaster thinking when he let Hannan walk?

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Guido Sarducci

It's the Flames by a mile. Pretty much every move Feaster has made makes the Flames softer. Although most "enforcers" play the wing the foundation if team toughness comes from the D.

BOUWMEESTER- Perhaps the softest big minute D man in NHL history. Nobody is afraid of his smooth skating. Like Mike Peca said, he is a pleasure to play against. That's what the Flames throw at their opponent 25+ minutes a game.

GIORDANO- Tough as nails and plays with grit. However, played with much less of an edge in 11/12.

WIDEMAN- Maybe someone who knows more about him can comment. But from what I have seen and heard, he is not very intimidating.

SARICH- Finally, someone who actually makes opponents keep their head up. He hit hard, and hits to hurt, and clean hits too. But he will play third pairing minutes at best, often a healthy scratch last season.

SMITH- A useful player when used correctly. But on a physical level, doesn't scare anybody.

So of 8 D, the Flames have ONE guy that you have to watch out for. And he plays 3rd pairing or not at all. And the softest of the soft, well they get the most minutes. The softest team in the league is the Flames, and by quite a wide margin. Maybe Jiri Hudler will help!

I know that this is the softest D in Flames history. I wonder where it would rank in league history. And what was Feaster thinking when he let Hannan go?

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Sarducci View Post
It's the Flames by a mile. Pretty much every move Feaster has made makes the Flames softer. Although most "enforcers" play the wing the foundation if team toughness comes from the D.

SARICH- Finally, someone who actually makes opponents keep their head up. He hit hard, and hits to hurt, and clean hits too. But he will play third pairing minutes at best, often a healthy scratch last season.

I know that this is the softest D in Flames history. I wonder where it would rank in league history. And what was Feaster thinking when he let Hannan go?
No doubting Calgary is soft. However, I don't know if I'd call them the softest in the NHL. Keep in mind that the Carolina Hurricanes look like a ballerina squad right now. Gleason and Harrison are the only guys on their defense that play with some snarl.

Old
08-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Stick To Your Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
agreed that they have gotten softer but Smith, Cowen, Methot, Mark Borowiecki (11 fights in the minors, should be up this year as 6/7 d-man) Greening is big 6'3 211, 4 fights last year. So decent, but with Konopka and Carkner leaving it does leave a hole.

Stick To Your Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 02:18 PM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
I got to go with Edmonton. They are by far the softest team in the league then montreal and then ottawa are close behind.

Montreal had some Enforcer back in the day when george laraque and Komi was there. But now they have Cole a injure prone guy with a bunch of midget to go with Gomez the invisible.

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
I got to go with Edmonton. They are by far the softest team in the league then montreal and then ottawa are close behind.

Montreal had some Enforcer back in the day when george laraque and Komi was there. But now they have Cole a injure prone guy with a bunch of midget to go with Gomez the invisible.
Cole played 82 games last year. In the last 6 years he's played less than 70 games once.

Methot has 4 fights in his NHL career. He lost 3...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
Brandon Prust, Francis Bouillon, and Colby Armstrong all signed with Montreal. Ryan White will be on a one-way contract and Travis Moen will be healthy to start the season. They're far from the softest.

Old
08-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

Toronto is pretty sissy

not a single "intimidating" physically guy in top 6, Orr in minors most likely so he doesnt count...

Dion Phaneuf is the only one left, and maybe Frattin if he hits people this year, Very Soft team physically, but maybe not "pushover" status as they have players like Lupul,Kulemin, JVR, even Grabo to an extent who don't shy from being hit they just dont throw them

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Dirk316

The answer to this question is Dallas, Carolina, Detroit, Tb
Is the top tier in softness
Winnipeg is almost in there

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote