HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Gilman's on 1040 right now

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-21-2012, 06:26 PM
  #26
archangel archangel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,898
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
You don't think Hodgson is going to stick, then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
Cody Hodgson's not in the NHL?

And we haven't had a good late round pick out of Western Canada since Brent Sopel. I really hope you're not suggesting Delorme deserves credit for guys found by Gradin and the US and Ontario scouts.
well we have a rather LARGE thread on this board where it is quite clear that Hodgson is a problem child with a huge ego and attitude problem. So he may not be the best choice to use

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:34 PM
  #27
Treefingers
\_(ツ)_/
 
Treefingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrazycanuck View Post
well we have a rather LARGE thread on this board where it is quite clear that Hodgson is a problem child with a huge ego and attitude problem. So he may not be the best choice to use
Uh...he's still in the NHL and will be for the foreseeable future, so he kind of is an example of exactly what you were looking for.

Treefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 06:52 PM
  #28
Hammer79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
This is the first Ive heard of this....What was the reasoning behind the rumoured bad blood?
There was one more thing that didn't get mentioned yet in this thread. After AV got re-signed, he said (I paraphrase) that Kesler's play wasn't affected by his shoulder injury, he was simply playing poorly. Kesler's agent got angry about that one too.

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  #29
lindgren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
It does appear that Schroeder will get a really decent chance to stick. If they think that the best Kesler ever played was on the wing, there could be some sentimemt to put him back there if Schroeder shows he can play.
Such a move would violate what numbers of posters believe is a fixed rule: a player who wins a Selke at centre cannot be tried at wing, even if briefly as an experiment.

lindgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:23 PM
  #30
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,798
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgren View Post
Such a move would violate what numbers of posters believe is a fixed rule: a player who wins a Selke at centre cannot be tried at wing, even if briefly as an experiment.
I think the general sentiment is if Kesler woudn't move to wing for Hodgson, he wouldn't be moved for Schroeder either.


Last edited by Vankiller Whale: 08-21-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:25 PM
  #31
ddawg1950
Registered User
 
ddawg1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgren View Post
Such a move would violate what numbers of posters believe is a fixed rule: a player who wins a Selke at centre cannot be tried at wing, even if briefly as an experiment.
Well, I'm all for violating rules to combat staleness.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:42 PM
  #32
medhatcanuck
Registered User
 
medhatcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Inside JayZ's Belly
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 500
Frankie Corrado making some real noise. Too bad he's still in junior. Actually that could be good. Seeing him go from sudbury to Vancouver could be cool.

medhatcanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:42 PM
  #33
alternate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,875
vCash: 500
If Kes does get moved to the wing, I'd like to see them stack the first line and play him with the sedins.

Sedin-sedin-kesler
Booth-shroeder-kassian
Burrows-lapierre-Hansen
Higgins-malhotra-raymond

Sub in as needed when added toughness is required.

Still like to hear from a legit source some of the offers and/or expectations re: luongo. Not surprising Gilman didn't get into details but it would have been nice.

alternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:58 PM
  #34
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,043
vCash: 50
I suggest if your interested you listen to the interview, no offense to the person that left cliff notes, but he was on a long time, alot of interesting things covered, such as a possible lockout effecting roberto trade.... ect...

Weather they can both co-exist schneider and luongo (did not sound to confident), spoke a ton more on doan fitting in with the canucks as well, i believe he also said you would be surprised at the canucks offer, but I will have to go back and see what he said exactly.

Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:01 PM
  #35
Crows*
 
Crows*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
I suggest if your interested you listen to the interview, no offense to the person that left cliff notes, but he was on a long time, alot of interesting things covered, such as a possible lockout effecting roberto trade.... ect...

Weather they can both co-exist schneider and luongo (did not sound to confident), spoke a ton more on doan fitting in with the canucks as well, i believe he also said you would be surprised at the canucks offer, but I will have to go back and see what he said exactly.

Maybe on the team 1040 site?

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:04 PM
  #36
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,043
vCash: 50
Yes second hour podcast of sekeres and price.

Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:13 PM
  #37
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,043
vCash: 50
http://www.teamradio.ca/podcast/1040...way_Honda~.mp3

1st hour with him on

http://www.teamradio.ca/podcast/1040...way_Honda~.mp3

2nd hour with him on

Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:27 PM
  #38
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,043
vCash: 50
Hopefully we can put an end to the phrase we cant sign so and so because he will want more money then the sedins, and we have a salary structure in place.... It actually drove me nuts hearing this because us fans dont know what the inner financial workings and salary structure is and what management and the owner have put in place and how they feel.

Gilman said henrik and daniel would relish a chance to play with another superstar and said in so many words, they would go above 6 million for the right player.

Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:22 PM
  #39
lindgren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Well, I'm all for violating rules to combat staleness.
I agree, but many don't. It's August; they're probably not around.

lindgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 01:19 AM
  #40
14s incisor
Registered User
 
14s incisor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
If Kes does get moved to the wing, I'd like to see them stack the first line and play him with the sedins.

Sedin-sedin-kesler
Booth-shroeder-kassian
Burrows-lapierre-Hansen
Higgins-malhotra-raymond

Sub in as needed when added toughness is required.

Still like to hear from a legit source some of the offers and/or expectations re: luongo. Not surprising Gilman didn't get into details but it would have been nice.
Any proposed lineup without Burrows on a line with the Sedins is a NO. No reason at all to split that line up.

Plus, the second line becomes much worse without Kesler. The aim is to improve the second line, not make it worse. That top 6 makes no sense. Not a fan of the bottom either.

14s incisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.