HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NY Newsday-Ducks,Wild scouting Parrish?

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 04:53 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
NY Newsday-Ducks,Wild scouting Parrish?

From the nyi mania board:

Scouts from the Minnesota Wild and Mighty Ducks of Anaheim - two teams looking for more scoring - continue to be regular attendees at Islanders games. For tomorrow night's game against the Rangers the Ducks will be heavily represented. Anaheim GM Bryan Murray was GM of the Florida Panthers when he sent Mark Parrish to the Islanders as part of the Roberto Luongo-Olli Jokinen deal

Old
12-03-2003, 07:24 AM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
From the nyi mania board:

Scouts from the Minnesota Wild and Mighty Ducks of Anaheim - two teams looking for more scoring - continue to be regular attendees at Islanders games. For tomorrow night's game against the Rangers the Ducks will be heavily represented. Anaheim GM Bryan Murray was GM of the Florida Panthers when he sent Mark Parrish to the Islanders as part of the Roberto Luongo-Olli Jokinen deal
Geez. Seems to be much more interest in Parrish, rather than Comrie these days.

Old
12-03-2003, 07:31 AM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Geez. Seems to be much more interest in Parrish, rather than Comrie these days.

Thank You!

Old
12-03-2003, 08:15 AM
IslesFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mojo
Thank You!

Who wouldn't want to make a deal with Mike Milbury?

Old
12-03-2003, 09:53 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Parrish would fill in for Leclerc for the Quackers until he comes back from injury (2 months now). Such a move could bump McDonald back to center and put Pahlsson on the 4th line, if the Ducks don't lose a forward in the deal.
What do the Isles want?
Ducks have spare D, but the Isles are fine?
Simpson maybe

Old
12-03-2003, 10:04 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
Parrish would fill in for Leclerc for the Quackers until he comes back from injury (2 months now). Such a move could bump McDonald back to center and put Pahlsson on the 4th line, if the Ducks don't lose a forward in the deal.
What do the Isles want?
Simpson maybe
With all due respect, Simpson may be wishful thinking. You are talking about a guy who 1) Isn't any better than the Isles current #5 - #8 dman, and 2) that the Isles showed zero interest in when he was available at no cost.

I think the player the Isles will want is Vish and I think that is a deal that could make sense for both teams. I know he is playing better lately (or at least that is what Ducks posters here say, and I believe it because the Ducks posters here tend to be a pretty smart group of fans). He is, however, the sort of young dman the Isles need in their system.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:05 AM
disles1

Quote:
What do the Isles want?
Simpson maybe
Parrish for Vish

Old
12-03-2003, 10:09 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by disles1
Parrish for Vish

I like it, personally.

Fire up the fax.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:11 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
With all due respect, Simpson may be wishful thinking. You are talking about a guy who 1) Isn't any better than the Isles current #5 - #8 dman, and 2) that the Isles showed zero interest in when he was available at no cost.

I think the player the Isles will want is Vish and I think that is a deal that could make sense for both teams. I know he is playing better lately (or at least that is what Ducks posters here say, and I believe it because the Ducks posters here tend to be a pretty smart group of fans). He is, however, the sort of young dman the Isles need in their system.
I don't like Simpson and thus would like to see him gone, he was sorta my wishful thinking offer.
Vish for Parrish is fair, and Vish has been playing better (thanks for the compliment) but I don't know if it would happen. Meaning, I'd like to keep Vish.
Sauer and a forward perhaps? Do you need D? When's Martinek due back?
what sort of players do you need up front?

Old
12-03-2003, 10:19 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
I don't like Simpson and thus would like to see him gone, he was sorta my wishful thinking offer.
Vish for Parrish is fair, and Vish has been playing better (thanks for the compliment) but I don't know if it would happen. Meaning, I'd like to keep Vish.

I don't think the Isles NEED defensemen and I don't see Sauer as being somebody they would want. I think the main issue is that most Islander fans would like to see a nasty type dman in the system and one that is young. Chances are good the Isles will not be able to sign all of their top four dmen this summer. So, I think Parrish for Vish make sense.

Here is one prediction: If the Isles do trade Parrish for Vish, this board will the become filled with posts from Leaf fans etc. who will assure us that Hamrlik is next to go.

P.S. The complement was earned.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Hank

Quote:
I think the player the Isles will want is Vish and I think that is a deal that could make sense for both teams.
The Ducks don't have enough depth on defense to trade either Vishnevski or Sauer, IMO. Losing one of them puts either Simpson or Ward (on D) into the lineup and nobody wants that. Thats with a completely healthy defense corp, god forbid an injury or two occur. Popovic is the only one in the minors remotely close to the NHL and Murray wants him to stay in the AHL. The farm system beyond the AHL is devoid of top-end defensemen.

What the Ducks do have is lots of young forwards. Chistov, Lupul, Smirnov, Getzlaf, Perry, Brent, and so on. The question is which one(s) does Milbury want, if any, and will Murray part with that guy.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:35 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
The Ducks don't have enough depth on defense to trade either Vishnevski or Sauer, IMO. Losing one of them puts either Simpson or Ward (on D) into the lineup and nobody wants that. Thats with a completely healthy defense corp, god forbid an injury or two occur. Popovic is the only one in the minors remotely close to the NHL and Murray wants him to stay in the AHL. The farm system beyond the AHL is devoid of top-end defensemen.

What the Ducks do have is lots of young forwards. Chistov, Lupul, Smirnov, Getzlaf, Perry, Brent, and so on. The question is which one(s) does Milbury want, if any, and will Murray part with that guy.

I'm not sure any of those forward would make sense. Some clearly have more trade value than Parrish, and some wouldn't be of much help to the Isles.

If the Ducks need defense, a multi-player deal might make more sense. Say Parrish and Martinek for Vishnevski and a pick or prospect.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:38 AM
Heimy

Quote:

As an easterner I haven't seen a lot of Sauer but I like what little I've seen and believe he could develop further. Has he been disappointing this season? Who or what would you want from Florida for him?

btw, sorry for going off topic

Old
12-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
As an easterner I haven't seen a lot of Sauer but I like what little I've seen and believe he could develop further. Has he been disappointing this season? Who or what would you want from Florida for him?

Heimy, you're not really off topic here. I haven't watched Sauer play that much and was impressed when I did. But, I'm glad to know that you think highly of him. So, if the Isles and Ducks are really talking trade, he might be another option.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Heimy

Quote:
Heimy, you're not really off topic here. I haven't watched Sauer play that much and was impressed when I did. But, I'm glad to know that you think highly of him. So, if the Isles and Ducks are really talking trade, he might be another option.

He'd be a nice pickup for the Isles. Sauer would allow them to save a million or so while making one of their more pricey top 4 Dmen moveable. If I'm the Isles I make this deal but I'm not sure why the Ducks like it.

Old
12-03-2003, 11:47 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy

Sauer's upside would be, developing into another Keith Carney. Sauer hasn't really had a bad year but he just seems invisible sometimes since he is a stay at home defensmen. He doesn't have a lot of offensive upside and all our defensive prospects besides Popovic are stay at home guys like Sauer, so losing Sauer wouldn't be as bad as losing Vish. Vish has better puck moving skills.

Old
12-03-2003, 12:30 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Uh, Minnesota doesn't 1) defensemen to trade 2) need Parrish...I wonder why they are scouting him...

Old
12-03-2003, 12:38 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Sauer's taken really well to Carney's tutoring on positioning and tying up sticks. Lately he's decided he's a fighter, too, although I imagine that won't last since he's not very good at it.

But the puck on his stick is a grenade. It's best if he just banks it off the glass and doesn't have to think about it, because that really slows him down and forces him to turn it over.

Anyway, I'd love to see Parrish come over as I've been a fan of his forever, but the two teams don't seem to make great partners unless a multiple-player deal is in the works, as you've said.

I'd like to see us keep Chistov. I'm okay with trading say Salei or Vish as long as a dependable defenseman comes back along with whoever the centerpiece is.

Old
12-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Carney is a warrior. This guy fights to the last sweat for the puck. Sauer is more a gentle giant. Both guys are smart positionally but I would never compare the two.

If the Ducks get Parrish for cheap, I definitely see Chistov getting bump to the 4th line or to Cincy to get some confidence/development. He needs to play with more intensity IMO.

Old
12-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Trottier
Very Random

The "perfect trade" doesn't exist.

Just comes down to how much value the Ducks (who are the ones doing the scouting, worth remembering) place on Parrish. Guy is a younger, proven 20-30 goal scorer. If Vishnevski is not worth making the deal for the Ducks, so be it. But you can't get something for nothing.

Could the Ducks possibly have interest in Peca?

Old
12-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank

Popovic has struggled in cincy this year, Armstrong would be the one worth calling up. been playing good, maybe matteau? he's showed he can be a 6th dman. as far as the young forwards. I dont see the ducks parting with chistov, lupul, or getzlaf. the others u might be able to get. I can see the ducks making a move now tho. BM wont let this team go to crap and not do anything. but hopefully he doesnt overreact.

Old
12-03-2003, 07:51 PM
kenabnrmal

I'd think if Vish would be on the move, the Ducks would need a d-man in return. While I'm not as down on Simpson as most Ducks fans it seems, I don't mind having him as a 5th or 6th. A Vish + for Parrish and Martinek deal seems like it might work. I most definitely do not want to see the Ducks part with Chistov, Lupul, or Getzlaf. Vish I'd begrudgingly part with, for the right deal.

Would the Ducks be interested in Peca? Perhaps. The Ducks have a number of players who CAN play center. They also have Rucchin, who doesn't have the name-value or the big hits to his name, but is arguably as good a two-way center as Peca. However, he'd be another top-6 forward, which the Ducks could use. He adds grit and experience, which the Ducks could also use. He COULD add some scoring, but I'm not sure he's enough of an offensive force to really boost the team offensively. Bottom line, I don't really know if Murray would have any interest in Peca. The team needs some offense, imo...and Parrish would be a cheaper, more effective shot in the arm in that area. I think the Ducks would focus on him.

Old
12-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Sauer impressed me a lot when I watched him during the playoff's last year. Not sure if it has carried over to this year or not but wouldn't Sauer and a good pick suffice?

Old
12-04-2003, 08:05 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
Sauer impressed me a lot when I watched him during the playoff's last year. Not sure if it has carried over to this year or not but wouldn't Sauer and a good pick suffice?
He started off a little shaky, like just about the entire Anaheim defense. But he's been okay overall.

I don't know what Anaheim's looking to do. They still have Leclerc coming back in a month or so, which will bump a pretty good forward down to the 4th line. So I would guess if they pick up a forward, there's going to be a forward going the other way.

But the problem with that is their forwards are either veterans too important to move, prospects with too much upside to give up for players like Parrish, or dime a dozen players who have little value. They probably have better trade ammo on defense, but they may not be comfortable giving up anyone off their top 4, which leaves struggling veterans (Havelid) or limited players (Simpson, Sauer) who would be interesting throw-ins, but not centerpieces.

Closed Thread