HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I made a compilation video for Karlsson's 2011-12 season

Old
08-18-2012, 02:39 AM
Karlstrobe
Lazer Lazar

vCash: 500
I love the play where karlsson speeds up to his blue line only to coast and look for a speedy Spezza cutting through the D and Bam, either breakaway or 2-1. Also the set play where Karlsson starts the passing drifts into the slot and shoots.

Its amazing the way he can play the game, hes a Dman like no other in the league. Really nice vid, if theres a Norris argurment, this is it.

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:02 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Great video!

The sneaky Cowen goal vs Buffalo is still one of my favourites. I remember thinking "wtf Cowen, what the hell are you doing up there?!? GOAALALALALALAL"

Also loved the goal when they were talking about Mike Green pumping Karlsson's tires, then Karlsson scoring on the same shift.

Plus I <3 Alfie.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 09:06 AM
The King of Town

That was brilliant.

Spezza featured pretty heavily on a lot of these highlights too. Those two were a treat to watch together last year.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:27 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Really puts into perspective how hot EK's goal scoring was near the end there.
Totally, also showed how ridiculous a finisher spezza is man he can bury the puck. The chemistry those two guys have together is unbelievable.

Last edited by bert: 08-18-2012 at 11:46 AM.
bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Germz
4th liners ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
That was brilliant.

Spezza featured pretty heavily on a lot of these highlights too. Those two were a treat to watch together last year.
Agreed. That was my main thought as well. They read each other really well. It drives it home that our offense last year was the Spezza + Karlsson show, featuring special guests Alfie, Michalek, Gonchar and Kuba.

Great job on the video.

Germz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Totally, also showed how ridiculous a finisher spezza is man he can bury the puck. The chemistry those two guys have together is unbelievable.
Yeah, Spezza is actually insanely talented. Our whole fanbase takes him for granted, imo. He's great at everything. Goal scoring, his shot, his vision, his reach, his hands. He had a great year last year but part of that was staying healthy. He also completely took over games and put the team on his back at times.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
You should make the same vid for Spezza. K thnx.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 09:43 AM
R2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Yeah, Spezza is actually insanely talented. Our whole fanbase takes him for granted, imo. He's great at everything. Goal scoring, his shot, his vision, his reach, his hands. He had a great year last year but part of that was staying healthy. He also completely took over games and put the team on his back at times.

This video totally brought out the same thoughts for me. Spezza is unreal and all the people who take him for granted would be in for a surprise about how much he has driven the bus in Ottawa for years.

R2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Could you make a video of Karlssons defensive prowess? His speed and take aways. Maybe finally silence some Karlsson haters.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Could you make a video of Karlssons defensive prowess? His speed and take aways. Maybe finally silence some Karlsson haters.
And then the debilitating cringe felt by the fan base after the ignorant comment about "where's the video of his ## giveaways" is not worth it.

If he keeps going the haters will disappear like they have been at a steady pace since last season.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Scooter Magee*

thanks, this is awesome! I totlaly forgot about him when I was making out my roll call thing. He is definitely my favourite, let's face it he won the award!

Scooter Magee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:56 AM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler View Post
Hes so reDQlessly good at getting the puck to the net. Its not even fair.

Also Spezza's short side glitch slap shot is str8 up siick.
You would think goalies would know that's where he's going when he winds up for a slap shot at the circles. That's the only place he aims for, and he either misses hilariously high, or he scores on that tight angle and it looks sweet.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:04 PM
SNAPshot

THANKS! This is awesome, much appreciated.

SNAPshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Upgrayedd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Pretty much this right here, we are very very lucky to have a player like Jason to watch nightly, Ottawa is a funny town in that it absolutely needs something to complain about, im convinced even if the sens went 82-0 and 16-0 to a cup there would still be complaints. Anyone that has semi decent hockey knowledge knows what they are seeing thats for sure, those that hate i just deem not very knowledgeable on the sport.

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Minister of Offence

Cured my hangover.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:46 PM
HavlatMach9

I decided to compile all of Karlsson's on ice time into a video of a single game. The problem is that it was his horrible game vs Pittsburgh on the 2nd half of a back to back.
Here's the link:

Even in his horrible game, the clip is littered with his genius but does contain a lot mistakes, but not from being overwhelmed, just his passing going awry. For some odd reason, Karlsson was the single dman back on few 2 on 1s. Includes the hilarious hot potato he plays with Malkin at around 10:48 into the youtube vid where there alone he racks up several giveaways and takeaways vs Malkin. Enjoy.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
I decided to compile all of Karlsson's on ice time into a video of a single game. The problem is that it was his horrible game vs Pittsburgh on the 2nd half of a back to back.
Here's the link:

Even in his horrible game, the clip is littered with his genius but does contain a lot mistakes, but not from being overwhelmed, just his passing going awry. For some odd reason, Karlsson was the single dman back on few 2 on 1s. Includes the hilarious hot potato he plays with Malkin at around 10:48 into the youtube vid where there alone he racks up several giveaways and takeaways vs Malkin. Enjoy.
Just curious, why would you choose a horrible game?

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:55 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Just curious, why would you choose a horrible game?
One of the two games I had, I just wanted to watch Ottawas 8-4 win over Pittsburgh. As I started editing, I remembered this was not his best game .

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:54 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Even though that game contains some of his brilliance, we can't use it as evidence to other fanbases cause it was one of his more not so successful games in the season.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
One of the two games I had, I just wanted to watch Ottawas 8-4 win over Pittsburgh. As I started editing, I remembered this was not his best game .
Yep. That was a bad, bad game. Also, most games against Montreal and Toronto was a bad game for him. I don't understand why he struggles so much against those teams.

EDIT: Vancouver game was pretty bad... but Rundblad was on another level (in a bad way) defensively.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote