HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Here we go again.

Old
08-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

vCash: 500
Kane isnt getting traded.

But if Buffalo is the destination, nothing short of Miller, Hodgson, and Myers would be coming back, which would be too much to give up.

Kane is a Hawk, people need to deal with it.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
And what about all the goals he creates from passes? Conveniently forget about that? Guys like Sharp and Toews' goals are reduced and our PP is probably even worse. Kane is our best offensive talent...trading him is dumb. If we want to improve our PK then maybe we trade useless bottom 6ers who can't PK like Bickell, Frolik, Hayes, ect. and stop using a 21 year old rookie who sucks defensively on the #2 PK unit.
Yes because bottom 6ers who can't PK will bring back such a return..

I am not saying trade Kane I would keep him unless we got an amazing offer, but I am saying if you could get a good enough return in the D and G department it wouldn't be the end of the world considering the Hawks have strength and weakness.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Trading Kane wouldn't be a problem... if we get a real upgrade. Miller is not the player we would want back as center piece. IIRC there was a rumor that Bowman was not interested in trading Kane for Price.

I'd do something like Kane + Craw + Frolik (money move) for Price + Plekanec

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:03 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Trading Kane wouldn't be a problem... if we get a real upgrade. Miller is not the player we would want back as center piece. IIRC there was a rumor that Bowman was not interested in trading Kane for Price.

I'd do something like Kane + Craw + Frolik (money move) for Price + Plekanec
Trading Kane would be a big problem. He's young, highly talented, and there is no one in our system with Kane's level of skill. This past year aside, he's played extremely well for us (and even this year wasn't a total disaster).

I'd much rather trade Sharp or even Hossa than Kane.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Trading Kane would be a big problem. He's young, highly talented, and there is no one in our system with Kane's level of skill. This past year aside, he's played extremely well for us (and even this year wasn't a total disaster).

Again though it's return on investment, who wants a 33 year old player coming off a serious concussion? and what could you honestly get for him right now? This is just all speculation but Sharp can't be traded because of his NTC and Hossa would return nothing, Kane would be the easiest player to off-load and for a big return and the easiest to replace as his game is very one dimensional where as Sharp and Hossa are great two-way players as well as great scorers.

Old
08-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

or maybe you respond to the whole post and not just 1 part of the sentence.

Trading Kane would be no problem if we fill 2 holes on the Roster - #2C & #1G

Old
08-21-2012, 11:51 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
or maybe you respond to the whole post and not just 1 part of the sentence.

Trading Kane would be no problem if we fill 2 holes on the Roster - #2C & #1G
We're also creating a hole that is not easily filled if we trade him. I am simply not convinced that there is a return available for him that would even come close to justifying a trade.

Old
08-21-2012, 12:00 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

I dont know why we're wasting our time with this. No way in hell Bowman/McD/Wirtz approve a trade that involving their #1 Overall pick, a very young, very talented, marketing $Machine$. Simply not happening. Guy has gotten better every single year of his career and carried a Hawks team sans Toews into a 6 seed playing a completely new position at an NHL level.

Yeah, lets trade him for Miller though...geniuses

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
We're also creating a hole that is not easily filled if we trade him. I am simply not convinced that there is a return available for him that would even come close to justifying a trade.
Hossa becomes #1 RW,
sign someone as #2 RW (for less than 6.3mil)

+
the return from Kane trade

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 12:11 AM
tomcat24

There was a rumor that some pllayers involved would be Kane and Craw for Miller and Toews good friend and former linemate Drew Stafford. Another person talked about adding the Big left wing who can play center in Luke Adam. He was really good his rookie year but had the jinx last year and ended up in the minors. I would do it if it was Foligno instead. Kane and Craw for Miller, Stafford and Foligno. I'm sure we would have to add another forward. Sure we lose Kane's great perimeter offense and pretty plays but I think we score more because we add guys that can crash the net and score in tight games. Something we have lacked for 2 years now

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 12:12 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat24 View Post
There was a rumor that some pllayers involved would be Kane and Craw for Miller and Toews good friend and former linemate Drew Stafford. Another person talked about adding the Big left wing who can play center in Luke Adam. He was really good his rookie year but had the jinx last year and ended up in the minors. I would do it if it was Foligno instead. Kane and Craw for Miller, Stafford and Foligno. I'm sure we would have to add another forward. Sure we lose Kane's great perimeter offense and pretty plays but I think we score more because we add guys that can crash the net and score in tight games. Something we have lacked for 2 years now
What rumour?

Old
08-22-2012, 01:03 AM
tomcat24

Quote:
What rumour?
I forgot where. I think it was on some of those not very credible twitter sites like *************** and others. Then some sabre rumor twitter guy added about Luke Adam. It was probably just wishful thinking. But that miller for kane deal has been talked about 4 awhile. I'm sure other players would be involved by both sides

Old
08-22-2012, 01:40 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
I forgot where. I think it was on some of those not very credible twitter sites like *************** and others. Then some sabre rumor twitter guy added about Luke Adam. It was probably just wishful thinking. But that miller for kane deal has been talked about 4 awhile. I'm sure other players would be involved by both sides
The "****" in your post says enough

The Hawks have said enough times they're not trying to trade Kane. This thread would be more entertaining if we ran the alphabet and took turns picking a player whose last name started with each letter...as in A is for Anisimov

Old
08-22-2012, 03:30 AM
Sarava

Quote:
The "****" in your post says enough

The Hawks have said enough times they're not trying to trade Kane. This thread would be more entertaining if we ran the alphabet and took turns picking a player whose last name started with each letter...as in A is for Anisimov
It was ******* ********. I think his hit rate is around Eklund's?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 05:19 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
filling 2 important holes > creating 1 important hole

I like Kane and don't see him being traded, but for Plekanec & Price or Miller & Stafford & MORE I'd think about it. Would get rid of Craw too.

Old
08-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

It comes down to one easy fact, top 6 RW like Kane are much easier to find, draft, trade for and usually cost much less then #1 G.

Old
08-22-2012, 07:44 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It was ******* ********. I think his hit rate is around Eklund's?
right. so he's an idiot.

Quote:
filling 2 important holes > creating 1 important hole

I like Kane and don't see him being traded, but for Plekanec & Price or Miller & Stafford & MORE I'd think about it. Would get rid of Craw too.
Which would never happen. We have a better shot at trading Toews for Crosby, Malkin, and Letang. Why not pursue that one?

Old
08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I know that this will never happen, that's why Kane is still a Blackhawk. that's the kind of return we could/would accept and nothing less. Nobody will offer us this and we won't trade him if we don't get this

Old
08-22-2012, 03:24 PM
tomcat24

Like they always say, if Gretzky can get traded then anyone can. Plus GM's lie all the time. Like saying we are done trading then trading Ladd. Or keeping Niemi and he is gone. Things change. The offer would have to be really good, obviously. I, too, would rather trade Sharp or Hossa but like was said, they won't bring you as much. Definitely not Hossa

Old
08-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Der Jaeger

Buffalo Perspective

The idea that Buffalo would trade Miller to Chicago is viable from a Sabre point of view. The idea that Buffalo would add Myers, Grigerenko, Hodgson, etc. that I've seen in the thread isn't realistic.

Sabre GM Darcy Regier has a blueprint in mind for the team - see the 2005-2007 Sabres for that blueprint. He wants, at a minimum, three scoring lines. Most Buffalo fans think that Regier views Ennis and Hodgson as his new Briere and Drury. Regier said in an interview around the opening of free agency that he's not trading Ennis or Hodgson. That played out as true when Buffalo wasn't able to acquire Bobby Ryan, and the speculation was that Anaheim wanted Ennis or Hodgson as part of the return package.

Regier also values defenseman that are puck movers and sound positionally. Myers fits Regier's idea of a defenseman perfectly. He young, on a good, long-term contract, and showed signs of getting better and more physical last season. There were times last season, when Myers was healthy, that the opposition had a really hard time getting past Myers' size combined with skating ability. When they did, he separated them from the puck. Regier trading Myers has to return something big. He's certainly not going to part of a package deal.

I'd highly doubt that Regier moves Grigorenko, either. Just drafted, played well in Buffalo's development camp, and debunked a lot of myths that led to him falling to 12th in the draft - he signed his contract already, and has been in Buffalo most of the summer working on recovering from mono and getting back to form. I'd be shocked to see him moved.

Just as an aside, how are the Blackhawks looking at LW?

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 05:53 PM
tomcat24

We really need a 2C but we can always use more tough and physical left-wingers. What can you tell us about Adam? I thought he was a lW but I saw how he played center a lot the last year. Rookie year he was great but this year he seemed like he hit the jinx. Is he still in your plans? A lot of people didn't even have him penciled into your 2013 lineup. Would you guys trade Foligno in a package for Kane and other hawks?

Old
08-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Hawkaholic

I'd be more interested in Foligno+ than Adam or Ennis.

But not for Kane.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Like they always say, if Gretzky can get traded then anyone can.
People are still unaware of the actual reason Gretzky was traded from Edmonton?

Fairly sure Rocky Wirtz is doing just fine monetarily.

Kane isn't going anywhere.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:11 PM
tomcat24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
People are still unaware of the actual reason Gretzky was traded from Edmonton?

Fairly sure Rocky Wirtz is doing just fine monetarily.

Kane isn't going anywhere.
No doubt it was about money. But still there are very few untouchables in the nhl. Kane isn't one of them.

Old
08-22-2012, 06:16 PM
tomcat24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'd be more interested in Foligno+ than Adam or Ennis.

But not for Kane.
I would be interested in something like Milleer, Stafford, and Foligno for Kane and Crawford. But we would need to add something. I don't know who