HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you offer for Alex Edler?

Old
08-21-2012, 07:31 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 500
Flip for Edler would actually be a pretty fair deal straight up. Both guys have one year left, it won't really matter because there will only be like 9 games played in that one year, and then they're both UFAs. Why would the Wings have to throw in more? Edler's not a #1 defenseman, Flip's not a #1 center/winger.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Rydgar

I don't think the 1 year really matters since he'll still be an RFA.

Rydgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Rydgar

Nevermind that was a mistake.

Rydgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 11:32 PM
SirloinUB

Value wise flip for edler is fairly close.

We would need to add to make this deal happen.

that being said, i probably wouldnt do that.

I'd like something along the lines of Q/White, Nyquist and a 2nd. I'd even throw in another prospect if it would get it done. Van doesnt accept this though.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 02:48 AM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Trade for rights at the end of the season if he's not striking a deal with Vancouver.

Otherwise I'm not sure why Vancouver would sell him. He's still their #1 guy.
If there's a season, that's the big thing. If I'm going to send Flip to another team, it's going to have to be for far more than Alex Edler, who is mediocre in his own end.

Flip's the type of guy who I bet we'd miss like hell when he's gone. We underrate him but he's such a great linemate with outstanding hockey sense that you can't teach. He'd be such a huge weapon for a team like Vancouver, and just what they're looking for. I find him so much more valuable than a guy who would come here and become loathed because of his defensive faults.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 03:45 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
We should have had him in the first place... Darn Vancouver finding out who we wanted and stealing our prospects that we put time into scouting. Wasn't there someone else we wanted and another team found it out and moved up just to get him?
Fairly certain this happened with Pavel Bure... and I'm not kidding.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 04:00 AM
Hank4Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Fairly certain this happened with Pavel Bure... and I'm not kidding.
nah, Bure fell so much in the draft and was finally taken by the Canucks because all the teams thought he was ineligible to be drafted IIRC.

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 04:08 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
If there's a season, that's the big thing. If I'm going to send Flip to another team, it's going to have to be for far more than Alex Edler, who is mediocre in his own end.

Flip's the type of guy who I bet we'd miss like hell when he's gone. We underrate him but he's such a great linemate with outstanding hockey sense that you can't teach. He'd be such a huge weapon for a team like Vancouver, and just what they're looking for. I find him so much more valuable than a guy who would come here and become loathed because of his defensive faults.
Define mediocre? Edler's defense is on par(well, offense too) with Kronwall's and he's 26.

Flip, a one time 20g scorer and one time 60pt scorer will not return something better than a top pairing D(with brief Norris considerations). Well, he probably won't return that either. That would be the true meaning of overrating your own players to think that anything coming our way would be worse. Filppula might be a weapon for them but likewise Edler would've been a weapon for us.

Anyway, Edler will not leave Vancouver. They love their Swedes like Detroit and the Swedes love Vancouver like Detroit.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Edler was the goat in the team's loss to L.A. in the playoffs. If you're looking for a guy who doesn't make boneheaded mistakes or disappear from time time to time, look elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
nah, Bure fell so much in the draft and was finally taken by the Canucks because all the teams thought he was ineligible to be drafted IIRC.
The Wings wanted to draft him, but they were told that he was ineligible. The Canucks then drafted him in the next round.

It would have been something to have Bure on the Wings. The early and mid 90s may have played out very differently.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Soft Rock Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Edler was the goat in the team's loss to L.A. in the playoffs. If you're looking for a guy who doesn't make boneheaded mistakes or disappear from time time to time, look elsewhere.

The Wings wanted to draft him, but they were told that he was ineligible. The Canucks then drafted him in the next round.

It would have been something to have Bure on the Wings. The early and mid 90s may have played out very differently.
yeah, i remember something about an nhl decision that came down later validating the pick, but that most teams thought vancouver had wasted their pick on a guy who was ineligible. don't think the wings were to happy with that one ...

Soft Rock Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 02:21 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
http://detroithockeyreport.com/2011/...oth-red-wings/

Apparently the Wing's wanted to draft him, but were told he was ineligible.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 02:28 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Define mediocre? Edler's defense is on par(well, offense too) with Kronwall's and he's 26.
Sorry but I stopped reading here. If you actually believe his defense is equal to Nik I just gotta laugh.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote