HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Philadelphia

Old
08-22-2012, 08:38 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Chicago-Philadelphia

Chicago
Leighton

Philly
Emery

Chicago hates Emery, loves Leighton, Philly hates Leighton, loves Emery. Done deal.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:46 AM
hockeyguy

vCash: 500
um in what way does philly hate leighton and love emery?? they ran emery out of town for leighton

hockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Intense Rage

I don't think anyone loves Emery.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Terence Peterman

Philly didn't run anyone out of town for Leighton. Emery had a career threatening injury.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:51 AM
hockeyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Philly didn't run anyone out of town for Leighton. Emery had a career threatening injury.
philly fans were calling for his head way before he was hurt, they never liked the signing in the first place, they loved boosh and the phantom call up leighton and even though he gave up a soft goal to kane it's hard to find a philly fan that hates leighton

Old
08-22-2012, 08:54 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Isn't the reason why Chicago loves Leighton that he is a colossal **** up whgo paved their way to a cup and very much not that he is a better goalie than Emery?

Either way an exchange of horrible back up goalies probably isn't too far up on anyone's to do list.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
um in what way does philly hate leighton and love emery?? they ran emery out of town for leighton

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:57 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Uh, no.

A degenarative hip ran Emery out of town - he was playing really well before getting hurt.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:58 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
philly fans were calling for his head way before he was hurt, they never liked the signing in the first place, they loved boosh and the phantom call up leighton and even though he gave up a soft goal to kane it's hard to find a philly fan that hates leighton
The only thing even remotely true about this post is that Boosh is popular, and that is as "a guy" not as a goalie. Literally everything else here is the opposite of correct.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:16 AM
hockeyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Uh, no.

A degenarative hip ran Emery out of town - he was playing really well before getting hurt.
He did get hurt but you can't honestly say he played really well, the flyers offense helped bail him out, Leighton gave up 14 less goals in 2 less games, emery appeared in 29 games allowing 74 goals, far from good

Old
08-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Hawkaholic

Rather have Emery.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:31 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
He did get hurt but you can't honestly say he played really well, the flyers offense helped bail him out, Leighton gave up 14 less goals in 2 less games, emery appeared in 29 games allowing 74 goals, far from good
Look at his game log from that season - was really strong up until around Thanksgiving, then the hip stuff came up, his play tailed off before sitting out entirely. Trust me, I lived it.

Regardless, the real point here is your "those nasty Flyers fans ran him out of town" argument which is patently absurd and false. I'd carry Michael Leighton to Chicago if I could get Emery. I'd settle for a cold glass of water if they'd take Leighton, but that's beside the point.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:35 AM
hockeyguy

Quote:
Look at his game log from that season - was really strong up until around Thanksgiving, then the hip stuff came up, his play tailed off before sitting out entirely. Trust me, I lived it.

Regardless, the real point here is your "those nasty Flyers fans ran him out of town" argument which is patently absurd and false. I'd carry Michael Leighton to Chicago if I could get Emery. I'd settle for a cold glass of water if they'd take Leighton, but that's beside the point.
I never once said those nasty flyers fans, i for one think the flyers fans are the best in hockey but you can't hold a pretty solid rookie year in vein for one soft goal

Old
08-22-2012, 09:38 AM
thelos
Bunk

I would definitely do the swap if the Hawks wanted to

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:41 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
I never once said those nasty flyers fans, i for one think the flyers fans are the best in hockey but you can't hold a pretty solid rookie year in vein for one soft goal

Quote:
False.

Leighton isn't a bad guy, he's just a minor-league goalie who was propped up by a great defense and inferior competition during the 1 year he had success....right up until he ran into a team with actual talent when he (and Boucher) were lit up like a tire fire. It's not one goal.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:44 AM
hockeyguy

Quote:
False.

Leighton isn't a bad guy, he's just a minor-league goalie who was propped up by a great defense and inferior competition during the 1 year he had success....right up until he ran into a team with actual talent when he (and Boucher) were lit up like a tire fire. It's not one goal.
Did i once say the word nasty??

Old
08-22-2012, 09:48 AM
99 steps
to the top

Can we work out a trade where both goalies are vaporized, like some form of subatomic collision?

99 steps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:49 AM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
That's completely false. He started his season with us playing very well and then had the injury. We thought he would never play again. I would make this trade. Why does Chicago love Leighton? cause he helped them to a Cup??

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:52 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Did i once say the word nasty??
Dude...

"Philly fans were calling for his head" = exactly what I was referring to. Literally having the word "nasty" included does nothing to change that.

It's a false statement that was corrected - not the end of the world. Let's not waste time with some stupid semantics debate.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:53 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
wtf are you talking about?

the vast majority of Flyers fans loved Emery. He was a good team guy and before his injury he was fantastic for us. Many of us believe that if we had him in the playoffs, we would have been able to beat The Hawks in the finals

you are absolutely clueless

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:55 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
and in about 9 of those games he was playing hurt. when he was healthy he was putting up great numbers (~ 2.20GAA, .920SA%)

and to keep it on topic, I'd do this trade in a heartbeat

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:00 AM
GaryU

Leighton was drafted by Chicago, pretty sure they don't see him as an upgrade..

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
what? I don't remember calling for his head or anyone else for that matter.
But with that being said, I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

rather keep Emery

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:40 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
maybe you should take a trip over to the Flyers board. I for one never liked Leighton and for the record before Emery's injury he played very well and most Flyers fans recognize that.

To say anyone was chased out for Leighton is laughable.

As most Flyers fans said I would gladly make this trade but it seems Hawks fans wouldn't.

FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote