HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Refund in case of lockout?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-22-2012, 04:57 AM
  #1
Malke
Registered User
 
Malke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Mauritius
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Refund in case of lockout?

Hello!

I'm about to buy 3 tickets to a game around 30th of December, and I wonder if I get the money back in case the game isn't played?

It's 3 tickets at 160$ each so...

I live in Sweden if that changes anything.

Bonus question: At ticketmaster.com, what's the best way to get the "real" tickets (not the ones you print out yourself), will I be able to pick them up at Nassau Coliseum?

The best would be if they could send them, I saw that was an option but I'm not sure if that applies since I'm living (far) outside NA.

Take care everyone!

Malke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 05:28 AM
  #2
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,099
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
I'm pretty sure you will get the ticket price back but additional booking fees etc will go lost

vippe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:46 AM
  #3
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks
 
Raym11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
I'm pretty sure you will get the ticket price back but additional booking fees etc will go lost

that's insane, they cant really charge you if THEY lock out can they? even for booking? that's just the dumbest thing ever if true

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:21 AM
  #4
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
that's insane, they cant really charge you if THEY lock out can they? even for booking? that's just the dumbest thing ever if true
It's probably fees that Ticketmaster charges. They have pretty ridiculous ones and were recently in a class action lawsuit for their overcharging of fees

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:41 AM
  #5
Davebo
Le Gros Bill
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,458
vCash: 500
Maybe it's time for another class action. Imagine the complaining from ticket master et al to the owners. Maybe an external influence will help sway the owners to start listening to suggestion s and not automatically lockout the entire season, as seems to be their only plan.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:46 AM
  #6
Bexlyspeed
Registered User
 
Bexlyspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Astoria, Queens, N.Y
Country: United States
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malke View Post
Hello!


Bonus question: At ticketmaster.com, what's the best way to get the "real" tickets (not the ones you print out yourself), will I be able to pick them up at Nassau Coliseum?

The best would be if they could send them, I saw that was an option but I'm not sure if that applies since I'm living (far) outside NA.

Take care everyone!

yes you can pick them up at the will call window (if you select that option)
at the game, you will need thecredit card you used to purchase the tickets and/or ID

Bexlyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:42 AM
  #7
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,072
vCash: 500
Wha kind of Islanders tickets are those?!?!!??
I can get ice level tickets for 100 bucks there

Krampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:10 AM
  #8
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Wha kind of Islanders tickets are those?!?!!??
I can get ice level tickets for 100 bucks there
Judging by the avatar, probably a pens @ Islanders game.. He could have gotten them cheaper if he waited until the stubhub allowed selling of tickets

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:15 AM
  #9
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,349
vCash: 500
A class action suit by sth's may be the right move here.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:42 AM
  #10
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
A class action suit by sth's may be the right move here.
Why? STH's are the only ones who get a clean refund.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:24 AM
  #11
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
My advice would be to hold off on buying the tickets until you're sure there is going to be a season because these people will find a way to not refund you entirely if you ask me.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:53 AM
  #12
Malke
Registered User
 
Malke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Mauritius
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Thank you all for your answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexlyspeed View Post
yes you can pick them up at the will call window (if you select that option)
at the game, you will need thecredit card you used to purchase the tickets and/or ID
Aha, okey, that might be the smartest way to do it! Do I have to pick them up like 2 hours before the game, or is there no deadline?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Wha kind of Islanders tickets are those?!?!!??
I can get ice level tickets for 100 bucks there
Like a guy said, it's versus the Penguins the 29th, I chose "best seats available". I don't want to cheap tickets here since this will be a once in a lifetime trip (hopefully not though, )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Judging by the avatar, probably a pens @ Islanders game.. He could have gotten them cheaper if he waited until the stubhub allowed selling of tickets
Yep, it's the Pens. What is the Stubhub?

I haven't bought them yet since I can't afford them yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
My advice would be to hold off on buying the tickets until you're sure there is going to be a season because these people will find a way to not refund you entirely if you ask me.
I will keep this in mind! The reason I want to buy them now is because I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to get great seats!

Malke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:20 AM
  #13
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malke View Post
Thank you all for your answers!


Aha, okey, that might be the smartest way to do it! Do I have to pick them up like 2 hours before the game, or is there no deadline?

Like a guy said, it's versus the Penguins the 29th, I chose "best seats available". I don't want to cheap tickets here since this will be a once in a lifetime trip (hopefully not though, )

Yep, it's the Pens. What is the Stubhub?

I haven't bought them yet since I can't afford them yet.

I will keep this in mind! The reason I want to buy them now is because I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to get great seats!

Stubhub is a ticket reseller.. You can end up getting tickets for games like the Islanders for dirt cheap.. That'd be a better option to look into before buying the tickets.. But the downside is that stubhub isn't allowing sales on hockey tickets yet due to a potential lockout

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:29 AM
  #14
Malke
Registered User
 
Malke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Mauritius
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Stubhub is a ticket reseller.. You can end up getting tickets for games like the Islanders for dirt cheap.. That'd be a better option to look into before buying the tickets.. But the downside is that stubhub isn't allowing sales on hockey tickets yet due to a potential lockout
Thanks alot! I'll check there if/when the season starts!

Malke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:39 AM
  #15
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,072
vCash: 500
Yeah, no need to buy early for an Islanders game

Krampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:42 AM
  #16
Malke
Registered User
 
Malke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Mauritius
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Yeah, no need to buy early for an Islanders game
Haha ok!

Malke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 04:03 PM
  #17
JohnWayne
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
I'm pretty sure you will get the ticket price back but additional booking fees etc will go lost
My family were season ticket holders during the lost season and we were not offered refunds but credits for the next season

JohnWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 06:32 PM
  #18
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,334
vCash: 355
Haven't read the whole thread but if you buy the tickets through ticketmaster you can opt in for "insurance" on the tickets?

Maybe do this to be safe?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.