HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers that could play in the AHL this season

Old
08-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Top Cheese Danish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer View Post
The Czech Extraliga pay is quite low compared to some of the other European leagues, so any player who plays for Kladno would be doing it mostly as a favor to Jagr. They'd make better money in Switzerland or the KHL.
Bryz said Giroux is not fond of the KHL and wouldn't go to Russia. Regardless of the money, I think Kladno is the biggest bet for him.

Coots and Brayden will embarrass everyone else on the Phantoms, but at least they'll sell out games.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagne Come Back View Post
Bryz said Giroux is not fond of the KHL and wouldn't go to Russia. Regardless of the money, I think Kladno is the biggest bet for him.

Coots and Brayden will embarrass everyone else on the Phantoms, but at least they'll sell out games.
And Jagr said he will do his best to get Giroux to come there with him if there's a lockout..

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 03:59 PM
FlyingHigh13

Hope Lilja/Shelley either retire or go overseas for good. I really do not want them to play a minute for the flyers this year.

FlyingHigh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 05:24 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Anyone can play in the AHL but the number of "veteran" players is limited.

Quote:
What is the AHL's development rule?

In the AHL, player development is a top priority. The American Hockey League and the Professional Hockey Players' Association have the following development rule in place for the 2011-12 season:

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a regular-season game, at least 13 must be qualified as "development players." Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL, IHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.
http://theahl.com/faq-p137653

I imagine IHL can be replaced with ECHL.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 08-22-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added the rule and deleted what was incorrect
ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:27 PM
BernieParent

We have a couple of spots open in my Monday-night ball hockey league. Maybe Leighton can back me up.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Swic21

If there was any year I would want a lockout, this would be it. Pronger is probably done but it may give him a chance to make a miraculous recovery. And Meszaros will have time to heal. By no means do I want a lockout but if there is one, I wouldn't absolutely hate it.

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 04:49 AM
meph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
And Jagr said he will do his best to get Giroux to come there with him if there's a lockout..
haha, if this was guaranteed, I'd love a lockout (no offense to you guys

watching G for a season .. oh man

Hell, that would be the first time I'd buy season tickets ... 30 km is not that far
edit: i actually just looked up season ticket prices for Kladno, 3100 CZK = 160 USD

Last edited by meph: 08-23-2012 at 04:57 AM.
meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:05 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swic21 View Post
If there was any year I would want a lockout, this would be it. Pronger is probably done but it may give him a chance to make a miraculous recovery. And Meszaros will have time to heal. By no means do I want a lockout but if there is one, I wouldn't absolutely hate it.
A shortened season would be best. ~40 games

great for Timonen

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:53 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Anyone can play in the AHL but the number of "veteran" players is limited.

http://theahl.com/faq-p137653

I imagine IHL can be replaced with ECHL.
The IHL that this is referring to is the defunct IHL where the Chicago Wolves, Milwaukee Admirals, Houston Aeros, etc played. This was a AAA hockey league that was on par with the AHL.

The ECHL is AA hockey. Games played in the ECHL, CHL and other AA or A leagues do not count towards the 260 game maximum.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 06:16 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

IF the NHL does lockout, would some phantoms games be moved or played at wells fargo center.

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 06:24 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
The IHL that this is referring to is the defunct IHL where the Chicago Wolves, Milwaukee Admirals, Houston Aeros, etc played. This was a AAA hockey league that was on par with the AHL.

The ECHL is AA hockey. Games played in the ECHL, CHL and other AA or A leagues do not count towards the 260 game maximum.
Oh okay thanks. I knew it had ceased to exist but I didn't know what its level of play was.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 07:46 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think Couturier, Brayden Schenn, Read and Gustafsson could all play because they are still on their entry level deals. As well, with the CHL transfer agreement expired, it's very possible that someone like Nick Cousins could also play in the AHL. Same with Scott Laughton (although I doubt he does - he's expected to be the number one center in Oshawa this year).
Laughton was signed almost specifically to play in the AHL, in hopes that it is allowed. A lot of these guys signing their ELC's aren't a coincidence.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 07:51 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

In related news, the SEL voted that they wont allow out clauses to NHL players if there is an lockout and they want to play just a year in the SEL.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote