HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2012, 01:12 PM
mesamonster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I find it difficult to understand why you keep repeating the same song despite having been tuned out. Do you believe you are going to convince Coyotes fans that all hope is lost and there never was any to begin with? Get serious.
There is not one shred of evidence that GJ has the money to buy this team. All that exists is hearsay from the partisan voice of none other than Gary Bettman! Otherwise, no outside source has EVER confirmed the existence of his funds. All along he has been GB`s straw man presented to Glendale and anyone else gullible enough to hear his claims of largesse. His proposed ownership structure does not lend itself to the present day needs of todays NHL clubs! Never once has he enunciated his plans for the future cash needs of this franchise, which will be considerable. Based solely on the financial history of this organization and the failed bids of previous suitors it would not be out of the ordinary to see this bid fail as well. Under capitalized sports owners do not last long, he is playing in an arena with every owner a billionaire and capable of sustaining years of losses this does not seem to be the case with GJ! But then again, he has said virtually nothing, ask yourself why? He no longer has anything to be concerned with, GWI disappeared long ago and any other sources of discontent have gone away including the naysayers on the city council. Why have they all disappeared? because they all know this deal will never be consummated and is no longer worth their time in fighting it.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
You do like to bang the same drum don't you mesamonster. We will see I guess. Cheers.
They have been blocked by me for a bit now. Not worth the time.

Old
08-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Zitter63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
There is not one shred of evidence that GJ has the money to buy this team. All that exists is hearsay from the partisan voice of none other than Gary Bettman! Otherwise, no outside source has EVER confirmed the existence of his funds. All along he has been GB`s straw man presented to Glendale and anyone else gullible enough to hear his claims of largesse. His proposed ownership structure does not lend itself to the present day needs of todays NHL clubs! Never once has he enunciated his plans for the future cash needs of this franchise, which will be considerable. Based solely on the financial history of this organization and the failed bids of previous suitors it would not be out of the ordinary to see this bid fail as well. Under capitalized sports owners do not last long, he is playing in an arena with every owner a billionaire and capable of sustaining years of losses this does not seem to be the case with GJ! But then again, he has said virtually nothing, ask yourself why? He no longer has anything to be concerned with, GWI disappeared long ago and any other sources of discontent have gone away including the naysayers on the city council. Why have they all disappeared? because they all know this deal will never be consummated and is no longer worth their time in fighting it.
I love a good conspiracy theory as well but you need to realize the league wouldn't talk to a guy that didn't have the means to go through with the deal. I might as well call up GB and throw my name in the hat and get my name in the papers for a couple months if they don't actually check to see if you have money. I find this whole stupid situation a joke and emotionally draining on myself and true yote fans but to think GB has just be stringing us along for a high one is just ridiculous. I will admit that i find it strange they talk about him being a few mil short when any business owner knows that you need alot more capital than just the asking price, but your hatred for GB and/or GJ has you sounding like a delusional leafs fan. Unless you have any credible evidence of a GJ failure, i suggest you leave us hopefuls to talk amongst ourselves...... go find a JFK or Area 51 board

Old
08-22-2012, 02:36 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zitter63 View Post
I love a good conspiracy theory as well but you need to realize the league wouldn't talk to a guy that didn't have the means to go through with the deal. I might as well call up GB and throw my name in the hat and get my name in the papers for a couple months if they don't actually check to see if you have money. I find this whole stupid situation a joke and emotionally draining on myself and true yote fans but to think GB has just be stringing us along for a high one is just ridiculous. I will admit that i find it strange they talk about him being a few mil short when any business owner knows that you need alot more capital than just the asking price, but your hatred for GB and/or GJ has you sounding like a delusional leafs fan. Unless you have any credible evidence of a GJ failure, i suggest you leave us hopefuls to talk amongst ourselves...... go find a JFK or Area 51 board
So where is the money, and why has the deal not closed after a full year of negotiations?

Old
08-22-2012, 02:49 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zitter63 View Post
Would you ever entertain the idea that if the COG was going to cover your losses as long as there was some hope of finding a new owner that you might suggest to your friend GJ to just throw his hat into the ring. As long as GB controls the narrative then who is to know the real truth. GJ refuses to meet with the media to discuss his bid or any of the details that surround his partners. Why is that? He has nothing to lose by doing so, the capital for the purchase is not what GW is hot and bothered about. By sharing details with the fan base and the taxpayers of Glendale he would be creating the Goodwill necessary to help sell tickets and suites for next year, what harm is in that? MH realized this was a good idea to get out in front of your constituency early and often. Unfortunately he was unable to come up with the funds to purchase the team and w/o the public subsidies was forced to withdraw. The issues with both the COG and GWI are resolved so what is the issue? Even if he came out and said we believe we have a deal but are awaiting the outcome of the CBA negotiations, that would be positive development. He has refused to do any of these which is why my skepticism is so high. And, to your point, he does not seem to have the financial wherewithal to maintain the ongoing projected deficits, so once again a giant red flag. I am an off season resident of Scottsdale, I am a Coyote fan but look at this charade with from a business perspective, I have done many deals in my career, all of which have some semblance of an exit strategy, in this deal I see only closed doors for any prospective purchaser given the shackles imposed by the COG in the AMF!

Old
08-22-2012, 04:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
It's funny that you think I'm arguing with you. Not as funny as your insistent belief that anything you will ever type will be enough to change any of our minds.

08-22-2012, 04:43 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It's funny that you think I'm arguing with you. Not as funny as your insistent belief that anything you will ever type will be enough to change any of our minds.
Not sure you can even be hopeful when the fundamentals are this poor, but good luck anyway!

Old
08-22-2012, 05:13 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Not sure you can even be hopeful when the fundamentals are this poor, but good luck anyway!
What fundamentals?? Is the glass half empty of half full?

Seems to me that you've been operating under the former for going on two years now. And anyone who goes by the latter is below you.

But this isn't Jerry Reinsdorf, where you had the privilege of knowing someone within one of his inner circles back in Chicago as to his intentions.

I can understand why you take the position you do. But to be quite frank about it, you have no more knowledge of who or what Greg Jamison is about than the rest of us.

Old
08-22-2012, 05:35 PM
MP

Greg Jamison does not exist. The name is fake and everything from his birth certificate to his credit card balance is a forgery. The man who claims to be Jamison in public is an actor whose real name is Jukka Dandolo, a Finnish-Italian whose parents, Marco Dandolo and Anja Torvalds, were part of a massive spy ring working for the Allies. Recently declassified material reveals the startling fact that, if not for Marco's exceptionally lush body hair and Anja's uncanny talent for celebrity impersonation, the Nazis would have acquired the bomb sometime in the winter of 1942. But that's neither here nor there.

The point is that Jamison is a figment of Gary Bettman's twisted, virulently anti-Canadian imagination. I can say all this with certainty because I heard it direct from the lips of the Lindberg Baby, who is now actually the Lindberg Retired Insurance Broker.

PS--
Paul's dead. Elvis isn't.

Old
08-22-2012, 08:22 PM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Greg Jamison does not exist. The name is fake and everything from his birth certificate to his credit card balance is a forgery. The man who claims to be Jamison in public is an actor whose real name is Jukka Dandolo, a Finnish-Italian whose parents, Marco Dandolo and Anja Torvalds, were part of a massive spy ring working for the Allies. Recently declassified material reveals the startling fact that, if not for Marco's exceptionally lush body hair and Anja's uncanny talent for celebrity impersonation, the Nazis would have acquired the bomb sometime in the winter of 1942. But that's neither here nor there.

The point is that Jamison is a figment of Gary Bettman's twisted, virulently anti-Canadian imagination. I can say all this with certainty because I heard it direct from the lips of the Lindberg Baby, who is now actually the Lindberg Retired Insurance Broker.

PS--
That makes too much sense not to be true! Besides, everyone know if its on the Internet it's true! Thanks for clearing this all up! lol!

Actually, that really was funny!

Old
08-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Desertdog214

My point-----those of us that have been fans since the beginning, are really running out of enthusiasm, and gas.....this whole situation is way more than any fans should have to take....Tyson Nash, himself, said that.....and I certainly agree. I love this team, believe Shane Doan needs to retire, right here, bring a cup to the valley, and raise #19 to the rafters for all time....but Im damn tired of the speculation, hopes, fears, maybes, mights...would'a could'a should'a etc.....they have my money for next season, if we even have one....it has become very nerve racking for my wife and I, since hockey is WHAT WE DO for entertainment for 6 months or so each year.....IM just TIRED!!!! Go Coyotes, and please give us a season and some hope for the future....if they leave...I will probably be retiring in Seattle....at least there I can watch the Thunderbirds and the Silvertips....just plain, tuckered out.....

Old
08-22-2012, 09:38 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdog214 View Post
My point-----those of us that have been fans since the beginning, are really running out of enthusiasm, and gas.....this whole situation is way more than any fans should have to take....Tyson Nash, himself, said that.....and I certainly agree. I love this team, believe Shane Doan needs to retire, right here, bring a cup to the valley, and raise #19 to the rafters for all time....but Im damn tired of the speculation, hopes, fears, maybes, mights...would'a could'a should'a etc.....they have my money for next season, if we even have one....it has become very nerve racking for my wife and I, since hockey is WHAT WE DO for entertainment for 6 months or so each year.....IM just TIRED!!!! Go Coyotes, and please give us a season and some hope for the future....if they leave...I will probably be retiring in Seattle....at least there I can watch the Thunderbirds and the Silvertips....just plain, tuckered out.....
Pretty much exactly this...

Old
08-22-2012, 09:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post

PS--
This THE post of 2012. Well done, sir. I wish I could e-buy you a beer for that.

Old
08-22-2012, 10:10 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
They have been blocked by me for a bit now. Not worth the time.
Blocking the trolls is good for the blood pressure.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

vCash: 1329
Nothing new, a day old article by Mikey but if you like daily updates about nothing by random people, then you will enjoy this as much as I do:
Quote:
But officials supportive and close to Greg Jamisonís year-long bid to buy the Coyotes and keep the team in Glendale say the collective bargaining talks and a possible lockout are not having a detrimental effect on the sale.

Those sources say Jamison has brought together the investor money to buy the team. But there still is no time line on when exactly a deal may close, and others continue to question why a sale hasnít been finalized if they money is there.
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...burner-as.html

I guess a final ruling on the sales tax issue for Glendale should occur in the next 24 hours. Reading the twitter-verse I am not expecting a change in the results personally; hope that is what was delaying Team Jamison.

Old
08-23-2012, 03:49 PM
mesamonster

The CBA negotiations appear to be stalling out as the owners seem to be pretty resolute in their desire to put the screws to the players. I have heard that some players are already looking into playing in Europe and that the September 15th deadline may mean nothing as the owners could decide to lock out the players before that date. Stay tuned.

Old
08-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

Appeals court hears argument in Glendale sales tax case tied to Phoenix Coyotes deal

Quote:
The Arizona Court of Appeals heard oral arguments today and said it will issue a decision Friday regarding a Glendale sales tax measure that plays a role in the city’s arena deal for the Phoenix Coyotes hockey team.
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...gument-in.html

Old
08-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Zitter63

Quote:
Would you ever entertain the idea that if the COG was going to cover your losses as long as there was some hope of finding a new owner that you might suggest to your friend GJ to just throw his hat into the ring. As long as GB controls the narrative then who is to know the real truth. GJ refuses to meet with the media to discuss his bid or any of the details that surround his partners. Why is that? He has nothing to lose by doing so, the capital for the purchase is not what GW is hot and bothered about. By sharing details with the fan base and the taxpayers of Glendale he would be creating the Goodwill necessary to help sell tickets and suites for next year, what harm is in that? MH realized this was a good idea to get out in front of your constituency early and often. Unfortunately he was unable to come up with the funds to purchase the team and w/o the public subsidies was forced to withdraw. The issues with both the COG and GWI are resolved so what is the issue? Even if he came out and said we believe we have a deal but are awaiting the outcome of the CBA negotiations, that would be positive development. He has refused to do any of these which is why my skepticism is so high. And, to your point, he does not seem to have the financial wherewithal to maintain the ongoing projected deficits, so once again a giant red flag. I am an off season resident of Scottsdale, I am a Coyote fan but look at this charade with from a business perspective, I have done many deals in my career, all of which have some semblance of an exit strategy, in this deal I see only closed doors for any prospective purchaser given the shackles imposed by the COG in the AMF!

I hear you and you have a few interesting thoughts to throw into this convo, but i would not hold them as truth quite so much as you seem to think they are. The league has had ample time and opportunity to move the franchise if they really thought it wouldn't work, they wouldn't make up fake people to buy the team just to string COG into paying 25 mil. There is something definitely strange about all this silence and lack of progress but i am 1000% positive they are dedicated to keeping the team right where it is.

Old
08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Perhaps you are inexperienced or don't understand how the deal process could work and it's potential pitfalls with a multiple investor group. The reason GJ has not said anything in the press is because of guys like you and this entire situation the last 3 years (false starts). GJ would be scrutinized and picked apart by his every word, and asked for a definitive date to close. If he says 2 weeks, 15 days later, see he lied, the deal is off, its fake, whatever. If I were him, or advising him, I would not say one word about any details, say whom the investors are, or the timing to the press. It could actually hurt the process.

There are literally hundreds of legitimate reasons why this can take longer then expected, and 98 of them do not have to do with weather he has the (99)money from investors or this is an (100) NHL derived scam. Once it either closes or falls apart, we will find out what all of the hoops were in the process. Crying wolf again, would anyone care or listen anyway, no, he needs to close it, then speak.

Old
08-24-2012, 11:56 AM
KingSalamon

So instead of 2 weeks, we can say within 230 or so posts in this thread?

(This is the last one, Really!)

Old
08-24-2012, 12:59 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
Perhaps you are inexperienced or don't understand how the deal process could work and it's potential pitfalls with a multiple investor group. The reason GJ has not said anything in the press is because of guys like you and this entire situation the last 3 years (false starts). GJ would be scrutinized and picked apart by his every word, and asked for a definitive date to close. If he says 2 weeks, 15 days later, see he lied, the deal is off, its fake, whatever. If I were him, or advising him, I would not say one word about any details, say whom the investors are, or the timing to the press. It could actually hurt the process.

There are literally hundreds of legitimate reasons why this can take longer then expected, and 98 of them do not have to do with weather he has the (99)money from investors or this is an (100) NHL derived scam. Once it either closes or falls apart, we will find out what all of the hoops were in the process. Crying wolf again, would anyone care or listen anyway, no, he needs to close it, then speak.
On May 7, 2012 GJ said he should be able to finalize a lease agreement with the COG in weeks not months. I assume we are getting closer.

8:30 - GB
8:40 - GJ

http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videoce...sole?id=176834

Old
08-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

Glendale to work on plan for when sales-tax increase ends

Quote:
The city's arena-management agreement with the National Hockey League, which hopes to sell the team to Jamison, ends next Friday.Skeete said he planned to consult the NHL to see if the league would be interested in continuing to operate the arena and to get council's feedback in a closed-door session.
http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...#ixzz24USo7eSZ

Old
08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
KingSalamon

That seems to indicate that there won't be an official sale next week.

It begs the question, how does the CBA expiring impact the NHL's desire to operate the arena?

Is there some good news that can be read into this? Please tell me there is.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
Is there some good news that can be read into this? Please tell me there is.
Put this in the no news category like most of my posts. Although it should take out the doubt that some Glendale Officials put out there in regards to if it would be renewed. I expect this tax issue to be the last road block for Greg but what do I know.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:53 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Glendale to work on plan for when sales-tax increase ends

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...#ixzz24USo7eSZ
Any idea when we will know about the decision supposed to be handed down today?

Closed Thread