HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 13 Pred ratings

Old
08-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Oh my....Dion, Edler, and Hamhuis are ranked higher than Doughty and Karlsson

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 10:00 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
He is on the AHL affilate for the ducks in HUT. I am not sure about play now or online vs.
Thanks, strange considering he was re-signed to a 1-way.

At any rate I wish they still made these for PC.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 10:04 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Oh my....Dion, Edler, and Hamhuis are ranked higher than Doughty and Karlsson
Edler is seriously underrated, even in Vancouver. He may very well have a better year than Doughty next year and he's better defensively than Karlsson. NHL 13 ratings are based on the player's skill in their position, and defensively Edler is definitely better, not to mention he's also an all-star [and possibly for many years to come].

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:29 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Edler is seriously underrated, even in Vancouver. He may very well have a better year than Doughty next year and he's better defensively than Karlsson. NHL 13 ratings are based on the player's skill in their position, and defensively Edler is definitely better, not to mention he's also an all-star [and possibly for many years to come].
The rankings are random based more on name and location than actual player skill..

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:34 PM
bananaslug

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
The rankings are random based more on name and location than actual player skill..
U seriously believe that? I feel bad for you.

bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
Wow, that means so much to me, you know since we're such good friends and all. No wait, we're not, I could give a flip how you feel about me.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Honestly, it makes sense and it fits the trend. Which fan reaction more likely to appeal to EA?
1) "These players are all well-scouted; it's like watching the actual games", or
2) "WTF DO YOU MEAN [X favorite player here] ISN'T DOMINATING THE LEAGUE?!?!?!?! LOL FAIL NEVER BUY AGAIN"

Obviously the majority falls in between the two extremes, but an uncomfortably large number lean more towards #2 than #1. Therefore, you get rankings that try to account for real-world skill but still bend and break to the pressures of marketing.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 04:31 PM
bananaslug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Honestly, it makes sense and it fits the trend. Which fan reaction more likely to appeal to EA?
1) "These players are all well-scouted; it's like watching the actual games", or
2) "WTF DO YOU MEAN [X favorite player here] ISN'T DOMINATING THE LEAGUE?!?!?!?! LOL FAIL NEVER BUY AGAIN"

Obviously the majority falls in between the two extremes, but an uncomfortably large number lean more towards #2 than #1. Therefore, you get rankings that try to account for real-world skill but still bend and break to the pressures of marketing.
EA doesnt make the ratings a 3rd party company they pay makes the ratings

bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 04:26 PM
RaiderDoug

NHL 13 demo came out today.

I'm going to pass on this. Not that it doesn't seem like a great game, I just can't stand EA's "shot stick" control layout. I consider myself pretty good at video games, but just can't become proficient at whirling around the right stick - it's like some weird control combination of Mortal Kombat and hockey.

Until they come out with some sort of alternate control scheme, I'm going to stay away.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 04:58 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
I didn't get 12 but I have 11 and they have the '94 controls. Do they still have that? I personally like the shot stick. I'm currently downloading the demo now.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Bench
Realgud!

It's been said, but some of you are looking FAR too closely into overall score. Overall is an average to give a ballpark. The individual stats matter in these games.

Is a guy low on endurance, checking, and shot blocking? His overall average goes way down. But he might still be the best pure sniper on your team and first line material, despite a more balanced grinder type having a better overall.

Rinne at 89 puts him into the contention for a Vezina every season in GM mode.

The players aged 25 and below will continue to rise in their stats each season in a GM mode. So if a guy like Blum is 23 and over 80, he could easily end up hitting 85 in a few seasons. An 85 puts you into Nick Kronwall range, not too shabby?

For online Versus modes, if somebody has a huge season they usually boost their ratings appropriately a few times throughout the year.

Finally, as some of you pointed out, you can easily customize every single stat and potential meter in the game for your own GM purposes. Ratings are pretty subjective, so it's tough to get too worked up over somebody's opinion. The real issue is getting the numbers with the system to balance out to real life production. I know in my experience with the Wings in NHL 12, some players always seem to miss their actual production numbers and others are video game all-stars while real life duds. Kyle Quincey, for example, always turns into an clockwork 40+ point defender. Boy howdy, I sure hope that ever happens.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 10:41 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
How caring of you...

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
rinne 89 ??? hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Yeah...I know zero about video games, but Rinne and Weber, arguably top-3 at their respective positions, gets a 89 and 90. Weak (assuming this is based on 100?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
Rinne should atleast be 92-93 overall.
Rinne is absolutely fine at 89. Lundqvist and Quick are 90's, only a point higher. The highest rated players in the game are 95 and there's only 2 of them. EA just doesn't give out mid to high 90's.

The only real problem is they gave Ryan Miller a 92 for some reason, but Rinne himself has a good rating imo.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 11:50 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Rating Keith and Weber the same is pretty dumb IMO. Keith might be OK at a 90, but Weber should be a couple of points higher.

Then again, I don't play online so I'll just go in and make everyone a 99

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

The problem with Keith is they overrate him defensively. He's good but he's certainly not a 90-93 like they keep giving him. Weber and Suter are 90-93 defensively. Chara is 90-93 defensively. Keith is not.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 03:47 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
NHL 13 demo came out today.

I'm going to pass on this. Not that it doesn't seem like a great game, I just can't stand EA's "shot stick" control layout. I consider myself pretty good at video games, but just can't become proficient at whirling around the right stick - it's like some weird control combination of Mortal Kombat and hockey.

Until they come out with some sort of alternate control scheme, I'm going to stay away.
Got any better ideas on how to do it with a controller with two analog sticks? It's pretty simple and efficent in my opinion if you play and practice. Play once a week and nah you probably wont be happy because you dont have a feel for it.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:02 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Got any better ideas on how to do it with a controller with two analog sticks? It's pretty simple and efficent in my opinion if you play and practice. Play once a week and nah you probably wont be happy because you dont have a feel for it.
I always thought it was fine the way it was. Left stick controls, buttons shoot/pass/check/switch, triggers do other stuff.

I feel the shot stick doesn't necessarily produce actions that would mimic what a real hockey player would do. Maybe my right thumb just isn't as accurate as I'd like. Then again, I rock on CoD and BF3.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:11 PM
AdmiralsFan24

You can still change the settings to the 94 controls which is buttons for shooting and passing.

Old
08-23-2012, 03:40 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I always thought it was fine the way it was. Left stick controls, buttons shoot/pass/check/switch, triggers do other stuff.

I feel the shot stick doesn't necessarily produce actions that would mimic what a real hockey player would do. Maybe my right thumb just isn't as accurate as I'd like. Then again, I rock on CoD and BF3.
It's still the same if you chose to have that setting. You do not aim with the right stick so being accurate with the right thumb should not be much of an issue. Up or wrister, back and up for a slap shot, and all around to dangle in the direction you would like. All the aiming on a shot is from the left stick. Hit up practice mode bro.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 01:23 PM
MrThejarret

Does anybody who got the game early know the potentials of the Nashville players?

MrThejarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 12:46 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Crosby embellishing again.

Old
09-26-2012, 01:54 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Crosby embellishing again.

Weber's probably going, 'I can hit harder than that.'

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:36 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Weber actually has a hit on Nugent-Hopkins at the end of the video. Sends him clear across the Preds bench, through to the Oilers bench. Right after he launches through, the door opens and he casually goes to the bench. It's pretty awesome.