HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Adult Hockey League Talk, Pt. 2

Old
08-10-2012, 12:47 AM
OffSydes
#tank2014

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iczer34 View Post
Thank you for the input! I'm totally not a ringer down in the D levels, which I've subbed a few times. I actually feel like it's a lot tougher...perhaps that's the level I truly belong in

I'll throw myself on the FA list for the coming winter season.
PM me

OffSydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Wedontneedroads

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
Wishman had it right. DD is the new D, and its pretty competitive. I'd start there if I were you, although there are plenty of B level guys playing in DDD and even in DDDD.

But yeah, it really depends on the type of player you are. If you're really good, and it shows, you'd better prepare to sandbag often else be prepared to be called out.
I would actually argue that CCCC is the new D. I play in both DD and CCCC, and CCCC has a much higher level of competition. Most of the good teams from the D league were bumped into CCCC this season. Both are very competitive though.

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Stickmata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
I would actually argue that CCCC is the new D. I play in both DD and CCCC, and CCCC has a much higher level of competition. Most of the good teams from the D league were bumped into CCCC this season. Both are very competitive though.
Well actually CCCC is D this summer, as they just merged a bunch of the bottom CCC teams and D teams and for some reason decided to create a new division instead of just calling it D. At the moment, I think CCC, CCCC and DD are pretty much the same, but the summer seasons are always a bit strange. It'll be interesting to see if it continues that way over the winter when teams have more of their regular players back.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Trojan35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
Well actually CCCC is D this summer, as they just merged a bunch of the bottom CCC teams and D teams and for some reason decided to create a new division instead of just calling it D. At the moment, I think CCC, CCCC and DD are pretty much the same, but the summer seasons are always a bit strange. It'll be interesting to see if it continues that way over the winter when teams have more of their regular players back.
It's a scheduling thing based on what days people play. There are a *ton* of DD-5E (especially 4D) teams right now taking up all the sunday/monday games, so they needed more teams in the C+ divisions for the Fri/Sat ice times.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:36 PM
xvdarkyvx

=( There hasn't been any Summer Evening drop ins.

xvdarkyvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:43 AM
eastbayjoker

Dublin Iceland pickup

Anybody interested in pickup at Dublin Iceland? I run an invite-only skate that is a lot of fun. We could use a few skaters if anybody is interested in joining us. It's $15 if we get enough skaters. $20 each if we only get the minimum (14).

We have a very strict no a-hole policy. I've only had to ask one person to not come back in the 2 years I've been buying the ice. We have a great group and it's a big deal that we don't screw up the chemistry.

Send me a PM and I can give you the details.

eastbayjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 05:06 AM
jon y

Anyone need a goalie next season? DD/DDD/DDDD/DDDDD/E

jon y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
That was pretty much my point. Most D teams were merged into the CCCC league. My team was pretty awful in CCC last year, so we moved into the CCCC league this summer, which is arguably more competitive

I play in DD and CCCC, and IMO DD is definitely not as ringer filled as CCCC. My DD team is very good in DD, but would be middle of the pack in CCCC. I can hang with pretty much anybody in DD, but there are some very quality A league players in the CCCC league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan35 View Post
It's a scheduling thing based on what days people play. There are a *ton* of DD-5E (especially 4D) teams right now taking up all the sunday/monday games, so they needed more teams in the C+ divisions for the Fri/Sat ice times.
This was pretty much my understanding of it as well. Many people like the schedule for the D league compared to higher leagues.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:55 PM
wishman

Looks like Tyler brought in a couple of ringers for his team's playoff run: Victor Tikhonov and Kyle McLaren

His 6 and 10 team won 18-6 in first round of playoffs.
http://stats.liahl.org/oss-scoreshee...1&mode=display

wishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:22 PM
MetropolisPt31

How are y'allses playoffs going? One of my teams knocked out a 15-1 #1 seed yesterday!

MetropolisPt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Dr Acula

http://stats.liahl.org/oss-scoreshee...auto_refresh=1

lawwwwl.

Dr Acula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:11 PM
MetropolisPt31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Acula View Post
That scoresheet is quickly becoming an instant legend. That guy is insane.

Old
08-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Dr Acula

Did any of you guys witness this in person?

I played a season with him, and he just gives off a creepy vibe. He hardly talks to anyone and then randomly blows up on the ice. Plus he smelled really bad.

Old
08-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetropolisPt31 View Post
How are y'allses playoffs going? One of my teams knocked out a 15-1 #1 seed yesterday!
Congrats! Someone knocked out the #1 in our league too, so it's been an underdog playoff so far.

2-1 in playoffs so far with my 3 teams. Trying to make it to the championship game for the second season in a row with one team, and even if we make it to the championship with my other team we will most likely get destroyed by Team Tres

Quote:

I played a season with him, and he just gives off a creepy vibe. He hardly talks to anyone and then randomly blows up on the ice. Plus he smelled really bad.
I'm buddies with someone on that team and will ask him since it looks like he was at that game. I still don't understand how people go so crazy when playing.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:22 AM
OffSydes
#tank2014

Quote:

He is/was a friend of a friend and has always been insane. In high school someone rear ended him and then the person pulled over he put his car in reverse and crashed into their car on purpose.

OffSydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Trl3789

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffSydes View Post
He is/was a friend of a friend and has always been insane. In high school someone rear ended him and then the person pulled over he put his car in reverse and crashed into their car on purpose.
In all honesty i didn't know things like that actually happened in real life.

Trl3789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Dr Acula

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffSydes View Post
Yikes. Sadly I'm not surprised.

What would you have to do to get suspended for life? I would imagine getting two match penalties for attacking the refs should do it. I wouldn't want to be on the ice or anywhere near when he finally snaps.

Old
08-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
I read the list of penalties and laughed pretty hard. The Tripping call at the end got me good.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Yikes. Sadly I'm not surprised.

What would you have to do to get suspended for life? I would imagine getting two match penalties for attacking the refs should do it. I wouldn't want to be on the ice or anywhere near when he finally snaps.
Taking a **** in someones glove might do it

Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:47 PM
MetropolisPt31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
Taking a **** in someones glove might do it
Instant classic.

http://deadspin.com/5868584/how-a-se...pponents-glove

Old
08-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Trojan35

Quote:
That scoresheet is quickly becoming an instant legend. That guy is insane.
For some reason, if you google "Patrick Arensberg linkedin san jose", this scoresheet is the first result.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 02:59 PM
SouthpawTRK

Quote:
Our team got knocked out in the first round the other night. Even though we lost, it was probably one of the best games we played all season (I only played about 1/2 of the games during the season). We all had a lot of fun and I cannot wait until next season.

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 05:25 PM
MetropolisPt31

Sharks Ice just sent this email out:
Quote:
A message from Sharks Ice General Manager, Jon Gustafson:

As most of you have seen recently in the news, there has been an increase in crime in the Bay Area and unfortunately Sharks Ice is not immune to this. Last night we had items taken from a locker room, and shortly thereafter we had a car broken into in San Jose. While we cannot confirm if these were related or isolated incidents, they happened.

Due to these events, I wanted to provide a couple reminders to our customers:

1. All of our locker rooms in all of our facilities are keyed a specific way to ensure your main locker room door is always locked. Taping the door open or leaving the key in the door renders these locks useless.

2. In some of our facilities we have locker rooms that share a bathroom with another locker room. In these circumstances, each bathroom door has a lock on it which should be used to secure your locker room from the bathroom. The key that is used to open the main locker room door will also lock the bathroom door.

3. A general reminder about parking - please make sure your don't leave any items of value in your car that are visible. Items such as GPS units are very attractive to thieves as they are easy to spot and easy to resell. Whenever possible, take these items with you or secure in your trunk or under a seat.

4. Sharks Ice facilities have many doors, but each building has main entrances. From time to time we will see customers propping doors open to have less of a walk to and from their cars, or for other reasons. Sharks Ice is a very large and busy place with many people coming and going. By limiting entries, this deters thieves and others from attempting to access our buildings. Please refrain from propping exterior doors open.

Again, please take the time to review the above reminders. As I have mentioned before, our facilities are wonderful communities and great communities look out for one another. If at any time you see something suspicious or you see someone or something out of place, please notify one of our employees immediately and we will take it from there!

Thanks again for making Sharks Ice a great place!

JG

Old
08-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
My buddy and his cousin got robbed on Monday (I believe). According to him, he had $15 which was taken, and his cousin had over $200. ********.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:10 PM
wishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype View Post
My buddy and his cousin got robbed on Monday (I believe). According to him, he had $15 which was taken, and his cousin had over $200. ********.
One of my teams got hit in locker room 12 a few weeks ago. The main door was locked but I guess the door to the showers wasn't locked. They took cash from at least 5 people. But didn't touch phones, credit cards, or anything else.

I stopped taking anything valuable inside the rink a long time ago. Too many stories.

wishman is offline   Reply With Quote