HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eberle extension upcoming?

Old
08-22-2012, 09:24 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1891
Hall is easily the better player. It was smart to lock him up now, before he breaks out. Signing Eberle now would be a giant mistake. Wait until after next season when his percentages regress and then you'll get a fair deal. If Eberle gets close to what Hall just got now, then the Oilers are making a big mistake.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Hall is easily the better player. It was smart to lock him up now, before he breaks out. Signing Eberle now would be a giant mistake. Wait until after next season when his percentages regress and then you'll get a fair deal. If Eberle gets close to what Hall just got now, then the Oilers are making a big mistake.
Agreed.

Hall > Eberle ainec for me.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:29 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Jordan Eberle on FB:
Looks like I could be signing same kind of deal Hall signed in the next few weeks. I wanna build a strong team here in Edmonton and hopefully win many championships in years to come.

Looks like he will be signed shortly.
I am 99.99% sure that account is fake, same with the Hall one. They only have 1 person picture on it, and it is the only picture they have uploaded.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:13 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
The fact they are in discussions means that it's a foregone conclusion that a deal will be done this offseason. The Oilers are not going to risk pissing off Eberle by ending talks now and shelving it until later. The message that conveys would not sit well in that locker room considering Eberle is universally considered part of their core.

The Oilers have no choice but to go full steam ahead with the foundation that they've drafted. RNH will be getting his deal next offseason and we will have to see how Yakupov pans out once he steps onto NHL ice. They'll have their stars in place, it's up to Tambellini (or his successor, I don't think very highly of his ability) to round out the roster with the proper support pieces to contend for as long of a window as possible.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:15 PM
SephF
[b][/b]

Quote:
I agree with you big time, I'm sure Eberles agent is really pushing for a deal this year.

I found it curious that Halls agent actually approached the Oilers at this years entry draft to start the extension talks. You would think Halls camp would want to wait after next year and Eberles camp would REALLY want to sign an extension this offseason.

good post.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
24M 4 years is my prediction.

eberle's already proven himself. His RFA years are worth significantly more than hall's.
I see you've had others agree. Count me in with this prediction.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:54 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
I am 99.99% sure that account is fake, same with the Hall one. They only have 1 person picture on it, and it is the only picture they have uploaded.
Pretty sure they're both legit.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:00 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Prediction:

Eberle for 4 years, $23 million

5.75m AAV

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:02 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
24M 4 years is my prediction.

eberle's already proven himself. His RFA years are worth significantly more than hall's.
Why on earth would we sign him right up until he's UFA? A 4 year deal would be idiotic from the Oilers standpoint. No way they agree to that.

He and Hall are best friends. If Hall is committed to another 8 years here, why wouldn't Eberle look for something similar? Especially given that Eberle grew up an Oilers fan.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:29 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 4460
Quote:

You need to watch more than 5 Oiler games a year.

They are different players and Hall makes room for Eberle on the ice but where Hall has the physical advantage, Eberle has the cerebral advantage plus better hands. Hall is NOT easily the better player.....

OilDrop37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:00 AM
oilers4life5

Ebs will sign the exact same deal. Getter done Tambo.

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Joey Moss

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
Well the .01% is actually right. I follow them both, and they aren't fake. Both have had mutliple pictures as well.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:16 AM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Well the .01% is actually right. I follow them both, and they aren't fake. Both have had mutliple pictures as well.
Ah are they? My bad, normally real people will have more than 1 photo in an album though. Eberle only has 1 picture in his profile picture.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:22 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
umm sure.. I think a maid would be much wiser.
Valid point. Perhaps a Nanny....with benefits?

Either way, this means Ebs in longer has to do Halls laundry.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:49 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I stand by Eberle being the best of Edmonton's young guns. They'd be smart to lock him up longterm at 6.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 04:31 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Here's hoping that Eberle signs the same contract. Very happy with this signing.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 04:47 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Well, just taking a look at the Leafs payroll - yes, I'd say so.

Quote:
Not really IMO, he will be in our top 6 for a long time, has great skills, is well liked, and is kind of the glue that holds everything together IMO. He might end up being the 4th best of our young forwards, but even still he will be a great player for us. It's not about paying whoever is doing the best the most IMO, it is hopefully about these young men wanting to be a part of something special and getting paid well but not greatly overpaid to do it. Ideally we get all 4 locked up long term at the same price.

08-23-2012, 04:48 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I stand by Eberle being the best of Edmonton's young guns. They'd be smart to lock him up longterm at 6.
Best right now? Sure, he is after all the oldest by at least 2 years. Best long term? I don't think so.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 06:10 AM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
You need to watch more than 5 Oiler games a year.
You need to learn to watch critically.

Opposing teams are far more afraid of Hall than Eberle. Opposing defensemen have to hook, hold and trip Hall more because he is getting to the dangerous areas on the ice. Hall is also 2 years younger than Eberle and is primed for a Taveres-like breakout, only he'll post better numbers due to a better supporting cast than Tavares.

I can live with 6x6 but anything more is just asking for trouble when RNH and Yakupov come up for renewal.

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Live from Rexall

Does anyone else thinks Eberle asks for 7 years $42,000,001 just to say he makes more. Seems like the kinda guy that would find that funny?

Live from Rexall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live from Rexall View Post
Does anyone else thinks Eberle asks for 7 years $42,000,001 just to say he makes more. Seems like the kinda guy that would find that funny?
I can see him telling Hall that is what he's going to mess with him but I doubt the Oilers would play along. That would make a pretty good off season story though.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:42 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I agree with you big time, I'm sure Eberles agent is really pushing for a deal this year.

I found it curious that Halls agent actually approached the Oilers at this years entry draft to start the extension talks. You would think Halls camp would want to wait after next year and Eberles camp would REALLY want to sign an extension this offseason.

good post.
I imagine it had to do with the length of the deal. With rumors persisting that the NHL will look to limit contracts, getting a long term deal now before the new CBA is installed is likely paramount. For both teams and players.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:00 AM
missinthejets

Quote:

I think Eberle has the best hands of them (at least the ones who've played) but Hall has the better physical tools and RNH has the most point potential. Calling any one of them flat out better than the other is ridiculous, they all bring something different but I'd sure hate to be picking one over the other, though Hall is the most impactful one on the ice so far. He's the guy they move around lines to spark the team not anyone else, that says a lot about how good he is regardless of who has more points on the season.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Fourier

Quote:
A recent poll on the Oiler board ranked the big four as 1) RNH 2) Hall 3) Eberle and 4) Yakupov in terms of importance to the club. Now this was far from unanimous, but it is exactly how I see it.

For me RNH has the potential to be truly elite. He has got a long way to go but his raw tools and the way he thinks the game are quite rare. He is a tremendous pp qb for someone his age, and being a center certainly counts for something.

Hall is the heart of the team. Injury potential aside he is the guy who drives the bus at ES even at this early stage of his career. He may well have the same sort of role on the current Oilers that Messier had on the 80`s version.

Eberle is extremely talented with tremendous hands and is as cool as ice. But he is still more of a complementary player while RNH and Hall really run the show. I don`t mean this as a shot agianst him. Jari Kurri was also a complementary player, but was still good easily enough to be in the HHOF and was one of the best all round hockey players I have had the pleasure to watch.

Yakupov is a wild card. He has a lot of Hall`s qualities, but like Eberle has a wicked shot. What tends to go unsaid is that he is also an excellent playmaker. But right now we don`t know how he will play out at the next level.

At this point my guess is that the plan would be to lock up Eberle, Hall and RNH with roughly the same deals. My guess is that if Yakupove pans out as expected we will see a similar treatment for him depending on what is possible under the new CBA. This is a good part of why the Hall signing is so important. It sets the bar for the other core players at a level that allows the team lots of flexibility going forward.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

I see no reason why Eberle should accept anything less than what Hall got, hes proven more.

I'm guessing the same exact contract Hall got, to a T.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote