Notices

Thank God It's Over (The Official Offseason Talk Thread) III

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Can we put Coyle on a line with Phillips and Seto and call it the Brent Burns line?

Old
08-21-2012, 04:59 AM
Avder
Is only game.

vCash: 0
I have to imagine that there would be some kind of clause in the new CBA that would prevent deals signed under the current CBA from hamstringing the teams that signed them, like possibly making all contracts signed up until the point the new CBA goes into effect have their cap hits calculated like under the present CBA, along with potential rollback, exemptions, and other trickery to grandfather in all existing contracts and keep teams from being punished for them.

Old
08-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Can we put Coyle on a line with Phillips and Seto and call it the Brent Burns line?
Future 2nd line? That would be funny, amazing, and probably pretty effective.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:39 PM
mnwildgophers

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ions-No-5.html

Interesting, they have us 5th in the conference, I haven't seen a ton of people putting us that high. I think their explanation is what we are all hoping for.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:45 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I still get tickled at pundits thinking the Chicago Blackhawks are anything super duper at this point... Bet they will put them in at 4, St. Louis at 3, LA Kings at 2 and Canucks at 1.

Old
08-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 400
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Wild single-game ticket information

Old
08-21-2012, 10:37 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Man, people are really really butthurt about that whole HW/Kings Twitter thing. Main board thread is amusing.

Old
08-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

It's not even a big deal.

Old
08-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Wow, I'm starting to get annoyed at all the Edmonton polls. There's two guys that keep creating polls like RNH vs Hall vs Eberle and Hall vs this person and RNH vs that person. Can't they keep some of em' on their own damn board?

Old
08-22-2012, 11:46 AM
keslerburrows

Where will Gooch slot in this year? Potential line mates? Does he get back to his 50-60 point potential?

The reason I ask is because I am in a first keeper league and I need a winger. Seto is 25 and has a great contract so I feel obligated to pick him. It's between him, Brett Connoly and Marcus Foligno. Who would you guys pick?

Old
08-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Where will Gooch slot in this year? Potential line mates? Does he get back to his 50-60 point potential?

The reason I ask is because I am in a first keeper league and I need a winger. Seto is 25 and has a great contract so I feel obligated to pick him. It's between him, Brett Connoly and Marcus Foligno. Who would you guys pick?
I'm not a huge Seto fan so that's my full disclosure. Rumor is he got messed up from a car accident last summer and he could bounce back to 25-30g and 50-60pts. He's a top six player for sure.

As for those three, I'm not familiar with Foligno but looking at his numbers he's very promising. Not a big Brett Connolly fan. Seto is more of a sure thing but Foligno seems to have a lot of PIM working in his favor, and Buffalo could be good.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:04 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:

Our top 6 is in a little bit of flux yet. He could be on a second line with Bouchard and Granlund, he could be on a second line with Heatley and Granlund, he could be on a second line with Heatley and Cullen, he could even end up on a third line with Brodziak and Clutterbuck.

Personally, I'd expect a floor for him of 20+20 with somewhere between 20-30 PIM. A great season (say if that Heatley-Granlund-Seto line comes out and performs well) could see him hit 30 goals and maybe 60 points, but you should reasonably expect at least that 20+20 floor. I am a big Connolly doubter so I wouldn't go with him, and I know next to nothing about Foligno.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:26 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
I'm not a huge Seto fan so that's my full disclosure. Rumor is he got messed up from a car accident last summer and he could bounce back to 25-30g and 50-60pts. He's a top six player for sure.

As for those three, I'm not familiar with Foligno but looking at his numbers he's very promising. Not a big Brett Connolly fan. Seto is more of a sure thing but Foligno seems to have a lot of PIM working in his favor, and Buffalo could be good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Our top 6 is in a little bit of flux yet. He could be on a second line with Bouchard and Granlund, he could be on a second line with Heatley and Granlund, he could be on a second line with Heatley and Cullen, he could even end up on a third line with Brodziak and Clutterbuck.

Personally, I'd expect a floor for him of 20+20 with somewhere between 20-30 PIM. A great season (say if that Heatley-Granlund-Seto line comes out and performs well) could see him hit 30 goals and maybe 60 points, but you should reasonably expect at least that 20+20 floor. I am a big Connolly doubter so I wouldn't go with him, and I know next to nothing about Foligno.
Thanks for the info guys. May I ask why Connoly wouldn't be a good pick? The league does value goals highest.. I don't think I'm going to pick Foligno anymore and if Seto is a lock in the top 6 maybe he should be my guy. The reason I don't need Foligno is because I just picked Devatne Smith-Pelly. Same age, same style. That's besides the point though. Maybe I will pick Seto.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Just looking at Connolly's stats, I think he plays in the AHL next year, and at this point he might be 2-3 years from being a 25-30 goal player, if ever. Seto is that guy right now.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:37 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Just looking at Connolly's stats, I think he plays in the AHL next year, and at this point he might be 2-3 years from being a 25-30 goal player, if ever. Seto is that guy right now.
Is Seto that guy? Cause if he is I will pick him. Are you expecting Seto to have a second breakout year?

Old
08-22-2012, 02:36 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

The times I've seen Connolly play I've seen absolutely nothing out of him that would justify any of the hype. I'm just thoroughly unimpressed, but that could be because he has been hyped. Maybe the hype makes me hold him to a higher standard than I should, but I personally wouldn't select him. That said, I haven't seen him play very often so I might not have the most fully formed opinion of him.

Old
08-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Had a dream last night that Koivu gets another shoulder injury in the very first game of the season.

Old
08-22-2012, 04:25 PM
HobeyBroten

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Had a dream last night that Koivu gets another shoulder injury in the very first game of the season.
(knock on wood!)

Old
08-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
Quote:
Is Seto that guy? Cause if he is I will pick him. Are you expecting Seto to have a second breakout year?
I don't think we're expecting anything from the guy.

If he has a good year - great. If he continues at his typical pace - that's fine too.

Old
08-22-2012, 05:31 PM
behemolari

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
had a dream too!! FBJ 1+1 the goal was like a magic

Old
08-22-2012, 07:45 PM
keslerburrows

I picked Gooch. I'll be rooting for him to score even against my Nucks Thanks a lot guys!

Old
08-22-2012, 08:51 PM
WildFinn
Unity | We Are One

Setoguchi brought Heatley to his hometown where he hosted a junior camp, Heatley really is evil.

Seems both guys really like it in Minnesota, lets just hope we have season.

http://www.tabertimes.com/news/local-news/2157.html

Quote:
Taberite Devin Setoguchi brought a surprise guest with him to the Ver-Set Skills Camp on Sunday at the Taber arena with fellow NHL Minnesota Wild teammate Dany Heatley.
As both signed jerseys for camp entrants, both also showed their enthusiasm over the successful off-season the Minnesota Wild had in trying to get over the hump of a four-year layoff drought.

Last edited by Fel 96: 08-22-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Don't post full article
Old
08-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFinn View Post
Setoguchi brought Heatley to his hometown where he hosted a junior camp, Heatley really is evil.

Seems both guys really like it in Minnesota, lets just hope we have season.

http://www.tabertimes.com/news/local-news/2157.html
That's good to hear, last I heard Setoguchi wasn't overly pleased to be in MN.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Seto probably is now that Mitchell is with the team.

Should be a confidence boost for him. We will see.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:19 PM
nickschultzfan

Setoguchi is fine as the #6 scoring option.

I am more concerned with Granlund becoming the #4 scoring option and somebody fitting on that 2nd line and being the #5 option. Healthy Bouchard? Island-man Cullen? Brodziak moved to winger? A prospect out-of-the-blue?

Closed Thread