HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Ridiculous Gear Thread, Part 2

Old
08-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Hank4Hart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers10 View Post
Really? They have the copper in 13,14,15. You wear a 12" glove?
us asians have small hands, i wear 11.5, lol

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

I saw a guy today a pickup with the tinted visor, white Reebok skates, and full Penguins 3rd jersey set up to go with his not really good skating or anything else.. Just some of the things that become easy targets if you act like a ******/idiot while playing.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:12 AM
29Potvins

Hah, I actually own a pair of red pants (they were on sale $10) and my team had a good laugh about them (especially since at the time I was wearing lime green laces too). I never got any chirps about either the pants or the laces from other teams though. I did get hip checked in open ice during a non-contact pick up game (everyone knew each other) I'm pretty sure it was the red pants.

29Potvins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 06:43 PM
GrafSk8r12

Not really a ridiculous piece gear, but I never tape the end of the shaft. This started somewhere between high school and college, and I just got used to it. I also use sticks with grip on them, so taping the end seems a bit redundant. Always get chirped for it, but it's always from my teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
oh man, im surprised they are still in one piece
They're surprisingly durable. Watch them fall apart in warm-ups, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
Hey now, some of us have "freakishly large" Asian hands and have to use 14" gloves

GrafSk8r12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers10 View Post
Really? They have the copper in 13,14,15. You wear a 12" glove?
Yep. I wear 12" gloves and I absolutely love them. 12" fits snug on my hands and are significantly cheaper than SR gloves. The only problem being that choices are more limited.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I wore 12's for a year. Super tight at first but would loosen up after a few games. But I ended up going back to 13's as they are comfy.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymass View Post
I tend to try to resolve problems without escalating the situation like a meathead. 200 bucks isn't worth being arrested for battery.
Sorry, didn't know that your adult leagues were so strict... here an on-ice fight would result in a couple games suspension... no police involved. I thought it was common knowledge that if someone intentionally breaks an expensive possession of yours, you punch them squarely in the nose..

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
I'm not exactly sure how you would go about doing this. What exactly does it mean to 'harass him financially?'
Like... break his stick as well? I guess I put that weirdly lol although I'm sure most of you were intentionally missing the point because that's the cool thing to do on the internet. And I wasn't trying to "be a badass". I just find it hard to believe that if someone stepped on one of your sticks, intentionally trying to break it (without a shadow of a doubt), you wouldn't do a thing about it. I'd take a 2 game suspension (whoaaa that's a LONG one LOOKOUT!) to stand up for myself. "Oh hey man you just broke my stick on purpose, ah, well, it was only 240 dollars, that's ok!" Yeahhhh... right. Gotta love the morality police on here...

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 10:42 AM
OpenIceHit42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
Sorry, didn't know that your adult leagues were so strict... here an on-ice fight would result in a couple games suspension... no police involved. I thought it was common knowledge that if someone intentionally breaks an expensive possession of yours, you punch them squarely in the nose..
Depends on how far the fight goes. I've seen it to where to guys square off throw some punches and their done; I've also seen it in a rec league roller game two guys dropped the gloves, one guy knocked the other done with a solid shot and while the guy is on the ground he kicks him in the side of the face, not IMO that's when police should get involved.

In my ice league if your in a fight your suspended 2 games.

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing

An on-ice fight is when there are 2 willing combatants dropping the gloves, in rec leagues you'll just get a suspension for that. If you just beat on a guy who doesn't fight back you'll get a longer suspension. If you resist the officials when they try to pull you off, that's when police get involved.

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Beezeral

Anyone who copies the gear of an NHL player and makes it really obvious. There is one bender I played HS hockey with who had the same skates, gloves, stick, helmet, and visor as Oveckin. It was annoying as hell. He would even did the trademark Ovechkin Celly after his one goal that season

Beezeral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
Like... break his stick as well? I guess I put that weirdly lol although I'm sure most of you were intentionally missing the point because that's the cool thing to do on the internet. And I wasn't trying to "be a badass". I just find it hard to believe that if someone stepped on one of your sticks, intentionally trying to break it (without a shadow of a doubt), you wouldn't do a thing about it. I'd take a 2 game suspension (whoaaa that's a LONG one LOOKOUT!) to stand up for myself. "Oh hey man you just broke my stick on purpose, ah, well, it was only 240 dollars, that's ok!" Yeahhhh... right. Gotta love the morality police on here...
I think you are the only that missed the point.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 04:38 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Anyone who copies the gear of an NHL player and makes it really obvious. There is one bender I played HS hockey with who had the same skates, gloves, stick, helmet, and visor as Oveckin. It was annoying as hell. He would even did the trademark Ovechkin Celly after his one goal that season
I know a few "Ovechkins"....

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Wooty

Quote:
How many people are going to post some variation of "bloo bloo bloo I'm morally superior because I don't care what people are wearing huehuehuehue" in this thread? It's really irritating.
I am here waiting and I don't care if it irritates you, the irony is so much fun.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
I know a few "Ovechkins"....
Is this gear packaged together at a lower price?

Old
08-22-2012, 11:18 PM
hockeymass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
I am here waiting and I don't care if it irritates you, the irony is so much fun.
Sorry what?

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Wooty

Quote:
Sorry what?
I don't see how you could not understand what I wrote. What part confused you?

Old
08-23-2012, 06:37 AM
hockeymass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
I don't see how you could not understand what I wrote. What part confused you?
All of it? I don't understand what you were trying to say. What are you waiting for?

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:49 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
lol what? My hands are pretty damn small and I wear a 13

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
lol what? My hands are pretty damn small and I wear a 13
Then clearly your hands aren't as small as you think

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:27 PM
OpenIceHit42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Since when can you wear visors in high school hockey?

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 06:33 PM
shootershockey
Rookie User

I don't think Skate Fenders are ugly or useless...

shootershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 12:47 PM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootershockey View Post
I don't think Skate Fenders are ugly or useless...
I agree... And better looking then a broken foot!

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

There is a kid on my adult league team that is easily the worst player on the team, but has the most expensive gear. He's got top of the line Easton sticks, two of those matte black Easton helmets (one with visor, one with cage) and Bauer APX skates. We are mostly graduate school students who have played some level of college hockey, but somehow this bender got placed in the "A" league I play in rather than te "B" league that he is suited for, and he is just terrible. Super nice kid, but he probably doesn't need $200 sticks haha.

He gets chirped for it by the other teams sometimes, but usually they just deke around him and score. I swear it is like being shorthanded whenever he is out there. Actually it's worse because he literally passes the puck to te other team. End rant...I think he graduated so I look forward to hopefully not going 0-24 this year haha.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 07:18 PM
SCBruCrew4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
There is a kid on my adult league team that is easily the worst player on the team, but has the most expensive gear. He's got top of the line Easton sticks, two of those matte black Easton helmets (one with visor, one with cage) and Bauer APX skates. We are mostly graduate school students who have played some level of college hockey, but somehow this bender got placed in the "A" league I play in rather than te "B" league that he is suited for, and he is just terrible. Super nice kid, but he probably doesn't need $200 sticks haha.

He gets chirped for it by the other teams sometimes, but usually they just deke around him and score. I swear it is like being shorthanded whenever he is out there. Actually it's worse because he literally passes the puck to te other team. End rant...I think he graduated so I look forward to hopefully not going 0-24 this year haha.
When I played paintball I encountered these types all the time, but your teamate sounds like he doesn't rub it in anyones face or boasts about how good he is. So I guess he gets a pass for having the gear in my books. If you (or your parents) can afford it, more power to you. It's not my money lol

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote