HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings trying to troll the Wings

Old
08-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Cmon man, you know how it is? You have a friend you make fun of and it's all good, but the moment someone else outside of the group tries to make fun of him you dont find it amusing. WE get to rip on the Wings. Not some random non hockey market that wins one cup and suddenly their fan base acts like they are the most intelligent and passionate hockey fans on the planet.
I get ya.

But with all the discontent among Wings fans during this off-season, the other teams smell blood. They've been waiting for the Wings to fall to Earth for 20 damn years.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 02:03 AM
johnjm22

I'm surprised that some people are taking these comments literally. It's obviously sarcastic banter.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I'm surprised that some people are taking these comments literally. It's obviously sarcastic banter.
Wouldn't taking them literally mean actually believing the Wings offered to send a team of banner raising experts to LA for their opener and that LA Rebuffed the offer because they have a fancy new banner raising machine that didn't exist 4 years ago?

I don't think anyone has taken the comments literally, at all, anywhere in the world.

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:45 PM
sureWhyNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Well a lot of the Wings own fan-base seems to be taking this jab all off-season. So I guess it doesn't surprise me. Heck the LA Kings didn't even get to reign all year in their own market the Lakers go out and get Nash and Howard and they are once again back page news.
Yup. They have. And rightfully so.

The team may make the playoffs - it may not. It doesn't really matter either way because it would be another first round exit if they do manage to slide in.

But man - at least we have the past to live on. Screw success, all we need is the memories of the good ole days.

sureWhyNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:02 AM
icKx

Twitter is stupid.

icKx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:27 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureWhyNot View Post
Yup. They have. And rightfully so.

The team may make the playoffs - it may not. It doesn't really matter either way because it would be another first round exit if they do manage to slide in.

But man - at least we have the past to live on. Screw success, all we need is the memories of the good ole days.
Care to point out to me who is saying this? As if people here who appreciate our past don't give a damn about our future?

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 09:04 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
Care to point out to me who is saying this? As if people here who appreciate our past don't give a damn about our future?
Basically, if you don't believe that the sky is falling, you don't care about the future.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:47 PM
TimoneX

...but the future is for young players and for the first time in a forever the Wings are going to be forced to lean on several young players. If you believe those young players have the skills and have been properly prepared(and I do) then there's no reason to believe the sky is falling.

TimoneX is offline   Reply With Quote