HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread Part I: HF-NYR OT Ressurrection

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-22-2012, 07:17 PM
  #976
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Staying on the topic of hair, any of you guys know of any products that make and keep your hair smooth and/or shiny (for thick, long hair)? My hair always dries up, even if I use conditioner.
hair products do you good only in the sense of "one step forward, two steps back". Unless you're talking about actual hair salon quality/hair treatment products that are around $20 to $30 per bottle, hair products are a "outside hire" fix. The cheaper way to maintain healthy hair is vitamins (supplements or dietary adjustments). Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, E, biotin (found in egg yolks), carotene (found in carrots and is used in the transformation of protein into hair cells), protein (preferably chicken or turkey as red meats raises DHT levels which are bad for hair), soy products are great like tofu, soy milk etc. Dairy products also helps as they provide a number of things like minerals like zinc as well as protein. bananas are also good. Lots of leafy green or green in general like kale, broccoli, spinach etc. Also, exercise helps with everything. Don't wash your hair excessively and you can also not shampoo for a few days at a time and only condition. Sleep better, drink water, reduce stress, don't go for stretches in a day without hydration. healthy hair comes from the roots. Any product applied to hair is more or less superficial and temporary.

Cresto is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 07:28 PM
  #977
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
hair products do you good only in the sense of "one step forward, two steps back". Unless you're talking about actual hair salon quality/hair treatment products that are around $20 to $30 per bottle, hair products are a "outside hire" fix. The cheaper way to maintain healthy hair is vitamins (supplements or dietary adjustments). Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, E, biotin (found in egg yolks), carotene (found in carrots and is used in the transformation of protein into hair cells), protein (preferably chicken or turkey as red meats raises DHT levels which are bad for hair), soy products are great like tofu, soy milk etc. Dairy products also helps as they provide a number of things like minerals like zinc as well as protein. bananas are also good. Lots of leafy green or green in general like kale, broccoli, spinach etc. Also, exercise helps with everything. Don't wash your hair excessively and you can also not shampoo for a few days at a time and only condition. Sleep better, drink water, reduce stress, don't go for stretches in a day without hydration. healthy hair comes from the roots. Any product applied to hair is more or less superficial and temporary.
I think he meat more along the lines hair product that holds your hair slicked back and gives it that "wet look." Haha, not what makes look naturally shiny.

The Dark Passenger is online now  
Old
08-22-2012, 07:30 PM
  #978
koz2393
Registered User
 
koz2393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
I know Bleacher Report isn't liked around here, and I understand why, but I was just accepted as a writer on Bleacher Report. It'll greatly expose my writing and I, unlike many writers on that site, know what the **** I'm talking about, even if you may disagree with my opinion.

I'm so happy.
nice. hope your time there lasts longer/goes better than mine did haha

koz2393 is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 08:16 PM
  #979
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
I think he meat more along the lines hair product that holds your hair slicked back and gives it that "wet look." Haha, not what makes look naturally shiny.
I don't read very well then. Its solid hair tip though! When I had Longer hair, I used to do similar to What DZ did in the Casino night picture. I used a waxy mousse. The brand was pretty obscure and I bought those from the hair salon I go to but any type of waxy mousse should give you a lot of shine AND it's one of the cleanest products I've ever used in the sense that your hair doesn't feel gross and you don't need to saturate your hair in it.

Cresto is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 08:46 PM
  #980
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
What about pomade products?

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 09:52 PM
  #981
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 400
Use a conditioner that you can apply to dry hair instead of using a conditioner in the shower.

Krams is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 10:04 PM
  #982
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,027
vCash: 500
speakin of Hair, I have thick curly hair. What should I use to make it relax, for some good flow

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
08-22-2012, 10:27 PM
  #983
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
speakin of Hair, I have thick curly hair. What should I use to make it relax, for some good flow
Buy some hair relaxer? haha.

Krams is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 10:52 PM
  #984
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Driving back from Bell Boulevard tonight down Northern Boulevard into Little Neck and Northern is repaved with no lanes. A guy turning left wasn't where the turn lane would be, he was in the left lane, so I simply maneuvered around him at the light to continue down Northern, at Douglaston Boulevard, and then was pulled over by a cop for not signaling a lane change....

He asked me if I had anything to drink tonight and I said, "a bottle of water" and then he breathalized me and it showed up a big fat 0.00

He let me off with a warning to signal from now on. LOL. Pulled over for not signaling on a newly paved road with no lane markings. Then breathalized. Incredible.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 11:23 PM
  #985
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Driving back from Bell Boulevard tonight down Northern Boulevard into Little Neck and Northern is repaved with no lanes. A guy turning left wasn't where the turn lane would be, he was in the left lane, so I simply maneuvered around him at the light to continue down Northern, at Douglaston Boulevard, and then was pulled over by a cop for not signaling a lane change....

He asked me if I had anything to drink tonight and I said, "a bottle of water" and then he breathalized me and it showed up a big fat 0.00

He let me off with a warning to signal from now on. LOL. Pulled over for not signaling on a newly paved road with no lane markings. Then breathalized. Incredible.
Act drunk, stutter and have delayed responses and keep asking him to repeat himself because you didn't hear him. When he inevitably gives you the breathalyzer, put a 0.00 on there to spite him and then resume talking smoothly.

Also, my personal strategy when I get pulled over and get asked "Where are you headed tonight sir?", I always say "Going out to buy chicken". Every time the officer will stare at me confused for half a second and then awkwardly proceed with his speech and by that point, he'll be thrown off enough to ticket a guy going out to buy chicken. One officer even asked me to elaborate, "like fried chicken or from the grocery store?"

@wskebey is you correct?!

Cresto is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 11:28 PM
  #986
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Act drunk, stutter and have delayed responses and keep asking him to repeat himself because you didn't hear him. When he inevitably gives you the breathalyzer, put a 0.00 on there to spite him and then resume talking smoothly.

Also, my personal strategy when I get pulled over and get asked "Where are you headed tonight sir?", I always say "Going out to buy chicken". Every time the officer will stare at me confused for half a second and then awkwardly proceed with his speech and by that point, he'll be thrown off enough to ticket a guy going out to buy chicken. One officer even asked me to elaborate, "like fried chicken or from the grocery store?"

@wskebey is you correct?!
My friend was with me and the cop asked me to "blow harder, as if you're playing an instrument" and my friend was like, "you should've been like 'i haven't played an instrument since 5th grade man'" and then put my fingers out in front of the breathalyzer and move them up and down like I'm playing the clarinet

That would've been hilarious. But I'm not in the mood to piss him off and get a ticket, so I complied with him.

I'll have to remember the chicken one for next time, man that would be hilarious.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 11:52 PM
  #987
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 400
You guys talk to them too much. I don't speak unless it's absolutely necessary. If they ask me where I'm going, they'll get "none of your business". It ain't Nazi Germany.

Krams is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 12:49 AM
  #988
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,664
vCash: 50
I have yet to be pulled over.

Only a matter of time.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 12:59 AM
  #989
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I have yet to be pulled over.

Only a matter of time.
Six times in less than a year. Twice because they didn't like one of my bumper stickers. Twice because I have no ****ing idea. Literally none. Once for utilizing wipers without headlights, and once for a lightbulb failure in the license plate bay. Only once out of those six times did I receive a ticket, I fixed the lightbulb and all charges were dropped.

They're power hungry around here.

Krams is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 02:00 AM
  #990
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I have yet to be pulled over.

Only a matter of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Six times in less than a year. Twice because they didn't like one of my bumper stickers. Twice because I have no ****ing idea. Literally none. Once for utilizing wipers without headlights, and once for a lightbulb failure in the license plate bay. Only once out of those six times did I receive a ticket, I fixed the lightbulb and all charges were dropped.

They're power hungry around here.
Let's do an experiment. The reason is because I've been pulled over three times in one car but none in the other car. You two switch cars and drive in your respective areas and find out if it's the car that causes problems for some of us It's a paranoia theory but leaner and meaner looking cars especially when they're black are more likely to get pulled over in my experience.

Cresto is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 03:25 AM
  #991
Realize
Registered User
 
Realize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Germany / Aachen
Country: Germany
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Let's do an experiment. The reason is because I've been pulled over three times in one car but none in the other car. You two switch cars and drive in your respective areas and find out if it's the car that causes problems for some of us It's a paranoia theory but leaner and meaner looking cars especially when they're black are more likely to get pulled over in my experience.
Just pull away your cars and drive with a bicycle, should make less trouble for you

Realize is online now  
Old
08-23-2012, 08:22 AM
  #992
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I have yet to be pulled over.

Only a matter of time.
Nor have I.

No driver's license.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 08:47 AM
  #993
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...
 
Mint Berry Crunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
I once got pulled over for doing 90 in a 30 up by Centre Island, haha. I had just got my new card and naturally, once I put the initial 1,000 miles on that ***** - it was time to open her up, haha. At any rate, apparently the cop had been chasing me for quite a bit and was just waiting for me to smash through the railing into the water below. Dude wasn't even angry, just amazed that I handled the way I did.

Got clocked at like 93 and ended up with a wizard of a lawyer talk it down to a blown stop sign. To this day, I have no idea how.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 08:56 AM
  #994
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,664
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Nor have I.

No driver's license.
Damn city kids and your public transportation.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 09:05 AM
  #995
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,440
vCash: 500
Been driving for 5 years, never pulled over

I'm sure it'll happen eventually though

silverfish is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 09:23 AM
  #996
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
I drove for ten years. Still have a valid license though.

Driving is way overrated.

Like we overrate Staal.

blue425 is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 09:28 AM
  #997
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,640
vCash: 500
One of my friends from college is playing his first game in the top Norwegian hockey league today. Crazy.

we want cup is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 11:23 AM
  #998
adam94
BU Terriers
 
adam94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Driving back from Bell Boulevard tonight down Northern Boulevard into Little Neck and Northern is repaved with no lanes. A guy turning left wasn't where the turn lane would be, he was in the left lane, so I simply maneuvered around him at the light to continue down Northern, at Douglaston Boulevard, and then was pulled over by a cop for not signaling a lane change....

He asked me if I had anything to drink tonight and I said, "a bottle of water" and then he breathalized me and it showed up a big fat 0.00

He let me off with a warning to signal from now on. LOL. Pulled over for not signaling on a newly paved road with no lane markings. Then breathalized. Incredible.
Funny you were on Bell Boulevard, my sister was there last night to celebrate her 21st birthday. Good thing she didn't get breathalized She's never gotten pulled over though, just a lot of stupid accidents.

Speaking of stupid accidents, I was following my friend to McDonald's and stopped at a red light behind him. He puts his Jeep in reverse and smashes into my front bumper. WTF bro.

adam94 is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 11:38 AM
  #999
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,027
vCash: 500
I've not been pulled over yet. I never even see police around here

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
08-23-2012, 01:01 PM
  #1000
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam94 View Post
Funny you were on Bell Boulevard, my sister was there last night to celebrate her 21st birthday. Good thing she didn't get breathalized She's never gotten pulled over though, just a lot of stupid accidents.

Speaking of stupid accidents, I was following my friend to McDonald's and stopped at a red light behind him. He puts his Jeep in reverse and smashes into my front bumper. WTF bro.
Yea I went to Brian Dempsey's with a few friends. I didn't drink, but they were living it up with 20 cent wings and beer pitchers for $12.

140 wings and 6 pitchers of beer

Clowes Line is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.