HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sports 30 reports Ryder-Bonk-Higgins...

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2006, 02:11 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Sports 30 reports Ryder-Bonk-Higgins...

Practiced together on Saturday. Bah. Hope it works this time.

Old
04-30-2006, 02:36 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
What's the alternative, really?

1) Bulis centering that line. I'd be interested in that, but it's a huge experiment and Bulis is traditionally bad on faceoffs.

2) Higgins centering. His talents are likely best suited for the wing, I think. He's been nervous/not playing well in the playoffs, so adding additional responsibilities when he isn't playing all that well will only serve to exacerbate his nervousness. Added to that, he was initially moved to wing because he's lousy on faceoffs. No idea if he's worked on that over the past couple seasons though.

Either way, it's a risk.

I hope it works out better too.

At least this game the team should have a legitimate fourth line with a clear-cut role & identity. Montreal's success down the stretch largely came from its ability to roll four lines, each of which had a clear objective, identity and chemistry.

Plus, it's Begin. And he's amazingly fun to watch.

Old
04-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Portishead

I'd try..

I'd try this:

Kostitsyn-Bulis-Kovalev (mostly a feeling that it could give spark for a game or two).
Higgins-Ribeiro-Ryder (playmaking center would need a good pass or two that Ryder could bury).
Perez-Plekanec-Zednik (don't break that line).
Bégin-Bonk-Murray (Bring out the energy, defensive awareness & face-off ability).

But I don't mind Gainey taking the decision.
We'll win game 5.
The forward will pick-up the slack as they've been pointed out by Gainey, and hopefully the D's are gonna get tougher in front of their net. Markov should pickup 2-3 points. He's due.

Old
04-30-2006, 06:31 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
Practiced together on Saturday. Bah. Hope it works this time.
Doesn't like it at all. Gainey's biggest weakness is his capability to adapt (timeouts, pulling the goalie) and if that line still doesn't work at the beginning of the game, let's say till middle of the 2nd period and he still doesn't change it, I'll be very dissapointed.

Cam Ward makes an impression 'cause he's a rookie and has nothing to lose, why can't the same be applicable to Kostitsyn???? Best line so far is Pleks-Perez-Zed, 2 rookies out of 3.....

Old
04-30-2006, 06:52 AM
lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portishead
I'd try this:

Kostitsyn-Bulis-Kovalev (mostly a feeling that it could give spark for a game or two).
Higgins-Ribeiro-Ryder (playmaking center would need a good pass or two that Ryder could bury).
Perez-Plekanec-Zednik (don't break that line).
Bégin-Bonk-Murray (Bring out the energy, defensive awareness & face-off ability).

But I don't mind Gainey taking the decision.
We'll win game 5.
The forward will pick-up the slack as they've been pointed out by Gainey, and hopefully the D's are gonna get tougher in front of their net. Markov should pickup 2-3 points. He's due.
Makes sense to me. Bonk just doesn't have enough offensive skills to be counted on for points, Ryder is too slow to "lead" a line and come on, Higgins is a rookie. We need to try something else and Gainey better adapt this game because I have another sinking 2-0 lead after two periods again while being heavily outshot.

Old
04-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
Doesn't like it at all. Gainey's biggest weakness is his capability to adapt (timeouts, pulling the goalie) and if that line still doesn't work at the beginning of the game, let's say till middle of the 2nd period and he still doesn't change it, I'll be very dissapointed.

Cam Ward makes an impression 'cause he's a rookie and has nothing to lose, why can't the same be applicable to Kostitsyn???? Best line so far is Pleks-Perez-Zed, 2 rookies out of 3.....
great point

Closed Thread