HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduce Yourself

Old
08-14-2012, 03:57 AM
JayBeautiful
Nature Boy

vCash: 500
Hi I'm JayBeautiful, I've been a fan since I was 9 years old in 1968 (I'm a real oldtimer) got to see 10-15 games a year with my dad in 68 & 69, when they were still the WHL "Johnny Canuck" Vancouver Canucks, I was there live at the Pacific Coliseum for the very 1st NHL Canucks game, I saw (again live) the 1st ever playoff game by the Canucks against the Montreal Canadiens and made it to the 2nd game against the Islanders in their 1st crack at the SCF. I'll be forever a Canuck fan and know that I will see them hoist the cup before I die

JayBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Bure's deke against Mike Vernon was one of those goals where everyone who saw it, remembers where they were when he scored.

For me.. a little pub on Pender Island....best drunk ever.
Sort of how like in 20 years I'll be saying the same about Burrows' goal against the Hawks? Or how I'll be raving about how good the Sedins were? And how I was here for the good ol' days of Kesler and Bieksa?

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:17 PM

Hi, I'm 701, which was the street address of my boyhood home in St. Paul, Minnesota.

I now live in Kits, but lived in Yellowknife's Old Town from 1976 to 1982. Before that I lived, studied, and taught in NYC's Greenwich Village, and before that I was a college and graduate student in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I've played and loved hockey since childhood, and have been a fan of the North Stars, Rangers, Habs, Islanders (the Cup teams), and Flames, before moving to Vancouver in 1982.

I'm now a musician and wildlife photographer, after careers as an NYU English teacher, and later as an archeological explorer by canoe in the taiga and tundra of the NWT.

I travel widely . . . in fact, just today I returned from Brazil, and I'm completely wiped from lack of sleep. The last bed I slept in was in the Atlantic Rainforest 3 or 4 hours' drive from Rio de Janeiro. Most of the time I was on the Amazon river and in the enormous Pantanal wetland. But Vancouver is lovely to return to. I'm always going somewhere, like flying from here to Easter Island, Kilimanjaro, Quito, Kerala, Paris, Auckland, or Manaus, but I love coming home, and the smell and feel of the soft air here was perfect today after boiling in the wild parts of Brazil.

I'm a passionate Canucks fan and HFBoards lurker/poster, and I check the boards first thing when I manage to get online while away . . . last week or whenever it was, the howler monkeys were spectacularly active while the Canucks management appeared to be spectacularly dead.

701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 View Post
Hi, I'm 701, which was the street address of my boyhood home in St. Paul, Minnesota.

I now live in Kits, but lived in Yellowknife's Old Town from 1976 to 1982. Before that I lived, studied, and taught in NYC's Greenwich Village, and before that I was a college and graduate student in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I've played and loved hockey since childhood, and have been a fan of the North Stars, Rangers, Habs, Islanders (the Cup teams), and Flames, before moving to Vancouver in 1982.

I'm now a musician and wildlife photographer, after careers as an NYU English teacher, and later as an archeological explorer by canoe in the taiga and tundra of the NWT.

I travel widely . . . in fact, just today I returned from Brazil, and I'm completely wiped from lack of sleep. The last bed I slept in was in the Atlantic Rainforest 3 or 4 hours' drive from Rio de Janeiro. Most of the time I was on the Amazon river and in the enormous Pantanal wetland. But Vancouver is lovely to return to. I'm always going somewhere, like flying from here to Easter Island, Kilimanjaro, Quito, Kerala, Paris, Auckland, or Manaus, but I love coming home, and the smell and feel of the soft air here was perfect today after boiling in the wild parts of Brazil.

I'm a passionate Canucks fan and HFBoards lurker/poster, and I check the boards first thing when I manage to get online while away . . . last week or whenever it was, the howler monkeys were spectacularly active while the Canucks management appeared to be spectacularly dead.
Are you a professional photog?

Kerala is nice. My wife is from there so i spend a bit of time over there.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:59 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 View Post

Here's a free avatar for you.

08-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post

perfect.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 02:13 AM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Sort of how like in 20 years I'll be saying the same about Burrows' goal against the Hawks? Or how I'll be raving about how good the Sedins were? And how I was here for the good ol' days of Kesler and Bieksa?
I have a video of me watching that Burrows goal in my room with the volume cranked, probably the most priceless video I have.

EDIT: Here it is.

Last edited by Royal Canuck: 08-23-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Are you a professional photog?

Kerala is nice. My wife is from there so i spend a bit of time over there.
Cruising the waterways on the rice barges, or looking for tigers in the Western Ghats . . . birding on the cardamom lands . . . Kerala is a relatively gentle introduction to the Subcontinent, and has I believe the highest literacy rate in India. Lucky you to have family and in-laws from there.

No I'm not a pro. I'm retired, and a true amateur, in the sense that I'm driven by the sheer passion for everything I do. I like to point out that Charles Darwin was an amateur as well

Old
08-23-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post

Thanks!

But I'm clean-shaven, and way more big and buff than that lounge lizard. I dress MEC, drink 10-buck screw-top wine while watching the Canucks, and don't drink DX beer, which would be the Mexican equivalent of using Foster's as a ridiculous prop in Australia, when most of the actual Aussies are drinking VB in the green can.

The only Foster's drinker I encountered while camping through the Outback and the Top End was a lonely German guy who insisted that I drink his beer with him. Under the circumstances, I realized that I had a moral duty to help the guy out

Old
08-23-2012, 12:30 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
I have a video of me watching that Burrows goal in my room with the volume cranked, probably the most priceless video I have.

Still gives me the chills.

ddawg1950 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:

That's a pretty classy, understated reaction. I'd be somewhat fearful to see a video of myself during that moment - there may or may not have been some embarrassingly girlish screaming...

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:54 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:

That's awesome.

I remember being on the verge of tears when Toews scored (managed to control my emotions because I was in a room full of people.... ). I was in utter relief when Burrows finally finished them off.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Sneptstache

Hi, I'm Jersy.

Welder from Langley, B. C.

Migrated to Lethbridge, AB.

Eat

Sleep

Breathe

Canucks

Sneptstache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersy View Post
Hi, I'm Jersy.

Eat

Sleep

Breathe

Canucks
Welcome to HF Jersey.

Chairman Maouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:43 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersy View Post
Hi, I'm Jersy.

Eat

Sleep

Breathe

Canucks
You are in the right place.

ddawg1950 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Hi, I'm Wheatley

I live in Surrey

I've been a Canucks fan since '89 (when Otto kicked it in)

Been a diehard Canucks fan since the West Coast Express days

Only missed two games last year

Am confident the Canucks will win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime (I'm 32)

My goal in life is to get 1000 posts on HFBoards. I figure I'll get initiated into some sort of secret society.

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

That celebration is a lot tamer then I was expecting. I remember jumping out of my seat, jumping up & down screaming at the top of my lungs. I would hate to see the video of me after Burrows goal

Watching the guys celebrate, Hughson saying "after 3 season & 19 playoff games against Chicago...etc" & at the same time seeing Burrows & Luongo meet up punching each other in celebration.... a lot of emotion.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Treefingers
\_(ツ)_/

^ Yeah, I was gonna say...that's a pretty subdued celebration. I jumped up screaming and swearing and then rolled around on the floor when Burrows scored.

Treefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 07:29 PM
GayCanuck*

Look Out! Another New Canucks Fan

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've only been a Canucks fan for a few years, but, love the game and the team. Especially Chris Higgins. Ooo, I like that emoticon, I'll probably be using that one quite a bit.

I used to live right next to Rogers Arena, so, I got to see and hear fans going in and out of the arena for every home game. That's partially how I became a fan, impossible to not get caught up in all the excitement all around me. Well, it wasn't always exciting, especially last season.

I'm also on Twitter a lot (@GayCanuck) and write occasionally for a hockey blog. Can you believe they let me write stuff? Me neither.

Hopefully there will be a hockey season this year. If not, this will be my first lockout. I guess you can say I'm a Lockout Virgin! Let's hope it stays that way.

That's all for now. Looking forward to interacting with other hockey fans and learning more about the game!

GayCanuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:51 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Welcome, GayCanuck! And to quote Jerry and George "not that there's anything wrong with that!"

I can see how the buzz of Rogers Arena would have an impact. I live in a small town, and that's one of the things I miss about Vancouver. The collective energy of the likeminded.

kevinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayCanuck View Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've only been a Canucks fan for a few years, but, love the game and the team. Especially Chris Higgins. Ooo, I like that emoticon, I'll probably be using that one quite a bit.
Those abs.

Welcome to HF

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 01:15 AM
KISSland

Quote:

What a let down. One "yeah!" and that's it!

I was in cactus club near metro. With 3 of my friends. One of them had to leave(at OT[he was the only hockey fan besides me of the 3 friends that was there]) and two of them stayed which they don't follow hockey at all.

Anyways, when Toews scored, I literally said out loud "typical." I was so pissed off, I could hardly control myself. I was so nervous during the intermission trying to play out odds.

So the game starts chances going both ways, and as soon as Compoli coughed up the puck and saw Burrows skating up to Crawford I was already up my seat. When we scored the whole restaurant went loud, and I started walking around high fiving everyone. I ran out of the restaurant and started chanting outside of the streets with a bunch of random people. Cars were honking. We went from the restaurant all the way to the MCdonalds, looked around me and none of my friends were with me.

Caught up with them and then watched Hanna.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 02:40 PM
McLlwain
Trevor Forever

Hey guys,
I’m McLlwain. The username is from Dave McLlwain, who’s been with the Penguins, Jets, Islanders, Sabres, and Leafs before joining my home team here in Cologne, Germany and played his heart out for nine years. Unfortunately he’s never been a Canuck, but hey, nobody’s perfect, right?

I’m a 1st assistant director in the movie industrie, and my first visit to Vancouver was for a movie shoot back in 2002. On one day I had to make a crowd of 400 extras at a theatre cheer and applaud like crazy, which was tough because it was at the end of a long shooting day and everyone was tired. One of our Vancouver crew members suggested telling them they should imagine the Canucks just scored. And the rest is history. (The place went frickin’ nuts.)

I was so impressed by this kind of passion that it was easy to relate to the source: The Canucks. I became a fan back then and have been a diehard ever since. It was only this year that I made it back to VanCity, attended the last five home games of the regular season and all three playoff home games. It was such an amazing experience to finally get to see the boys live in action after years and years of getting up at 4:00 am in the morning to listen to Tom and Shorty calling the game on CKNW, later on the Team1040 before finally actually live video streams became available here in Europe.

I love this team and take a lot of flak for it. Plus I have way too many Bruins fans among the people I know (or used to call friends before the 2011 finals…)

While being in Vancouver earlier this year I was lucky enough to meet some of you guys at the shinny game – which was awesome.

I rarely post, mostly read the boards, but I enjoy you guys and your hockeytalk here a lot.
So everybody, keep up the good work! It’s highly appreciated.
Cheers!

McLlwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
What a let down. One "yeah!" and that's it!

I remember I was in the theater room in my house with 8 other friends. It was so eerie because when Ben Smith scored in the game previous we went from nervously cracking jokes to being dead quiet for 10 minutes. We did the same when Toews scored. We were all in disbelief. The intermission was basically go to the washroom, get some water and sit there quietly watching the TV. Everything was quiet and tense until Campoli flipped it to Burrows. We all stood up and it seemed like a lifetime for Burr to make contact with the puck, but when he did it was like a flash to get in the net.

What occurred can only be described as a "greasy manpile", 8 of us going to each other screaming, laughing, jumping, hugging. It was basically the celebration the team did with some of us getting buried under all of us going crazy.

I call this short "Fifty Shades of Blue & Green".

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:27 AM
ajhockey19

I'm ajhockey19, known as ajhockey on the Canuck Forums. I've been a hockey fan since I was five and I became a Canucks Fan at about 7.

ajhockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote