HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo to Chicago (Mod Warning #93)

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Nazem To Kessel

vCash: 500
Luongo to Chicago (Mod Warning #93)

Luongo

Burrows

2nd

Kane

1st

Old
08-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Uh oh.

I would do that deal though, but Burrows only has one year left. His extension will likely be announced any day though.

But I would only do this deal in a vacuum. I doubt many Canucks fans(myself included) would relish the thought of dealing Burrows for Kane.

Old
08-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Henrik To Daniel

luongo for hossa

luongo for bolland +

Old
08-23-2012, 12:55 AM
TurdFerguson

Are you trying to cause problems?

Old
08-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Nazem To Kessel

or

Luongo

2nd

Bolland

1st?

Old
08-23-2012, 12:58 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
luongo for hossa

luongo for bolland +
Much more palatable to me. I like Hossa much better than Kane as a player, and he seems the perfect mirror to Luongo in terms of age, skill, contract.

As for Bolland, it would have to be a sizeable +.

For Blackhawks fans, couldn't Saad take over Hossa's roster spot this year?

Old
08-23-2012, 12:59 AM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafs81 View Post
or

Luongo

2nd

Bolland

1st?
I think we're a lot safer discussing that. Personally I don't have a lot of nice things to say about Burrows beyond his cap friendly contract.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:34 AM
PeterForsberg

You're going to get a lot of hate for this.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Silfverberg Snipes

vCash: 477
Luongo AND Burrows? Boy, watching the madhouse deal with that every
night would be amusing to say the least.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:48 AM
KISSland

Old
08-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Old
08-23-2012, 02:01 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Much more palatable to me. I like Hossa much better than Kane as a player, and he seems the perfect mirror to Luongo in terms of age, skill, contract.

As for Bolland, it would have to be a sizeable +.

For Blackhawks fans, couldn't Saad take over Hossa's roster spot this year?
Not a Blackhawks fan, but I don't think Saad is going to take over anything Hossa is doing, except maybe reminding Toews to smile a bit, for a while. Until at the very least Hoss hangs his skates up.

Old
08-23-2012, 02:01 AM
LSnow

Pretty horrible deal for Chicago.

Old
08-23-2012, 02:07 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
luongo for hossa

luongo for bolland +
You can't even get the Panthers to give up Bjugstad. So your idea is an all-star established player. If not one of the best third line centers in the league and a plus.

Luongo is a very good player, takes way too much heat in my opinion. As a Wings fan I hope Chicago doesn't pull a deal for him. But Vancouver has played their hand, they aren't getting huge value for him, we will see if they follow through with him being their backup. But people need to stop pretending these kind of trades above will unfold for him.

I would love to trade one of our depth forwards in Detroit for a top 4 d-man it isn't happening. Luongo for a big package isn't happening either.

Old
08-23-2012, 02:09 AM
Sevanston

Old
08-23-2012, 02:41 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

I'd take the first deal without question. I'd move Luongo for Hossa straight up. But neither of these are deals Chicago would make.

Old
08-23-2012, 02:44 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Naw...

Luongo for Crawford and a decent value contract - Kruger, Bickell - and a prospect - Ben Smith, Dahlbeck, Lalonde range - or mid round pick is about all I'd give up.

And Burrows? No thanks. Keith would have to go with a buzzcut, and I don't see him pulling that off.

Old
08-23-2012, 02:45 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Uh oh.

I would do that deal though, but Burrows only has one year left. His extension will likely be announced any day though.

But I would only do this deal in a vacuum. I doubt many Canucks fans(myself included) would relish the thought of dealing Burrows for Kane.
chicago does not touch that deal with a ten foot pole

Old
08-23-2012, 02:46 AM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
You can't even get the Panthers to give up Bjugstad. So your idea is an all-star established player. If not one of the best third line centers in the league and a plus.

Luongo is a very good player, takes way too much heat in my opinion. As a Wings fan I hope Chicago doesn't pull a deal for him. But Vancouver has played their hand, they aren't getting huge value for him, we will see if they follow through with him being their backup. But people need to stop pretending these kind of trades above will unfold for him.

I would love to trade one of our depth forwards in Detroit for a top 4 d-man it isn't happening. Luongo for a big package isn't happening either.
I think this is a good post in some ways, but I will say that Vancouver can't even get HF boards Panther fans to give Bjugstad up, not the Florida Panthers. Media reports have said that one key player/starting point for Luongo in trade was Bjugstad, but we don't really know all that Gillis asked for. It might have been Bjugstad, Goc and 2 1sts for all we know - the media reports simply don't tell us enough to say that Luongo couldn't have been had for Bjugstad straight-up.

I also think that the return for Luongo will be more than so much of HF thinks, and I'm happy to keep saying it and putting my ass on the line in front of as many posters as possible. Luongo might not return a top Blackhawk, but it'll be a fair bit more than Bjugstad straight-up.

Old
08-23-2012, 02:48 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Naw...

Luongo for Crawford and a decent value contract - Kruger, Bickell - and a prospect - Ben Smith, Dahlbeck, Lalonde range - or mid round pick is about all I'd give up.

And Burrows? No thanks. Keith would have to go with a buzzcut, and I don't see him pulling that off.
Naw, I'd want a package with Bolland as the center piece, or at the least a package with Saad; if I'm going to see Luongo to Chicago.

Old
08-23-2012, 02:49 AM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
luongo for hossa

luongo for bolland +
That's a laugh.

Old
08-23-2012, 02:51 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
And I'd WANT to see Luongo coming over with Tanev and your first for Frolik and Olesz.

I'm more interested in talking about what Chicago would realistically be looking at.

Old
08-23-2012, 03:05 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
I think this is a good post in some ways, but I will say that Vancouver can't even get HF boards Panther fans to give Bjugstad up, not the Florida Panthers. Media reports have said that one key player/starting point for Luongo in trade was Bjugstad, but we don't really know all that Gillis asked for. It might have been Bjugstad, Goc and 2 1sts for all we know - the media reports simply don't tell us enough to say that Luongo couldn't have been had for Bjugstad straight-up.

I also think that the return for Luongo will be more than so much of HF thinks, and I'm happy to keep saying it and putting my ass on the line in front of as many posters as possible. Luongo might not return a top Blackhawk, but it'll be a fair bit more than Bjugstad straight-up.
I likewise agree with most of what you are saying. I am extremely high on Bjugstad so I can see not giving him up even straight up. Like you said I think more might be at play there but his name is on my no go list if I am the Panthers. Especially with Markstrom waiting in the wings and how high I am on him when it comes to Luongo. If I am the Panthers there is very little need to chase Luongo. He is an upgrade, but what you give up is just as interesting as they are built for the future and it might be very hard to push Luongo out if Markstrom becomes what a lot of us think he will. My guess is the reason we know Bjugstad is the Panthers have no interest in trading him, not even as a part.

I don't fault the Canucks for asking for a lot. I just understand why every team thinks they have them over a barrel. If he has a problem with the other goalie not pumping his tires he might make for one of the worst backup goalie controversy scenarios of all-time. Goalies really are traditionally moved for a lot less than what people think. So while your prediction he is going for junk is probably accurate. What people thought he would go to Vancouver for originally, Roy to Colorado, what Hasek went for to the Wings, Halak to St. Louis, has always been out of whack with what might be considered fair. Only Washington I can think of as a team that got a ton of value for their goalie trade recently and even in that case it is tied in futures. That is the world I think the Canucks and fans need to come to grips with.

Old
08-23-2012, 03:18 AM
SunshineRays

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post

Source? Not one single media member in Vancouver could verify the Bjugstad rumor. It originated from a USA today writer who has no ties to Vancouver. Someone got bored and starting speculating, surprise, it's been like that the entire offseason.

Also, Burrows + Luongo for Kane? Who opened the liquor cabinets to the kids? Lol. Burrows has scored more goals than Kane in the last 5 yrs - with half the amount of PP time as Kane. Oh ya, and Kane makes 3 and a half times what Burrows makes. That's funny stuff, good one guys.

Last edited by SunshineRays: 08-23-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old
08-23-2012, 03:27 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
Source? Not one single media member in Vancouver could verify the Bjugstad rumor. It originated from a USA today writer who has no ties to Vancouver. Someone got bored and starting speculating, surprise, it's been like that the entire offseason.
Kevin Allen is one of the best in the business. Guy has very good sources, he is about as credible as it gets south of the boarder. I know that might not mean a lot to some Canadian fans. But he is really well respected within the industry and is extremely well connected. I am stunned anyone would make the argument he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Closed Thread