HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Cleveland to host 2007-08 NHL pre-season game

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Rumblick

vCash: 500
210's right. You're simply not worth the time. I'd almost forgotten what a real vortex looked like. Thanks for reminding me why you're on so many ignore and banned lists.

Old
04-29-2006, 06:06 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Hutch, you still don't understand that the Bulldogs FRANCHISE that is playing in Hamilton now is not the same one that was there. The original Bulldogs were moved to become the Toronto Roadrunners -- at the same time, the dormant Quebec franchise was moved in behind the departing Bulldogs, and became the new Bulldogs.

And this "without approval" thing is bogus, and has been from the start. You continue to be wrong -- as always.

Old
04-29-2006, 07:41 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLBaronsFan
Reality check for you:

Despite what your momma tells you when you're little... In the grownup world, when everyone tells you you're wrong... You are. You aren't standing up for what you believe in, you're just totally uninformed. Its like the whole 9 out of 10 doctors... Except in our case here, its more like 99 out of 100.
Excuse me I'm whining because I don't have a team that wasn't marketed correctly and in effect never was, and you blame Gilbert for not marketing the Barons.

Who doesn't have a team here and has to wait for 2007, SL, think about that because Portland has already gone through that and come back better cause now we don't take things for granted.

who's looking to find a scapegoat here

Old
04-29-2006, 07:58 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
No, it's because you haven't a clue what you were talking about. EVER.

Here is the time line of events in the IceCats sale to the Peoria folks...

1) The Blues and Rivermen negotiated the sale of the IceCats from the Blues to the Rivermen.

2) Once the sale was completed the BOG voted to allow the sale of the franchise and the relocation of the franchise to Peoria.

How hard is that to understand dude? Why must you continue to bring up crap that has nothing to with anything being discussed, and the vast majority of times is wrong to begin with?
All of that was done behind the scenes while the Ice Cats in effect snookered the fans and said no negotiations were going on, and why was a public announcement made 6 weeks before the season ended and before the approval was ratified by the Board of Governors, that's the difference.

St. Louis wanted out because they were losing $, or so they claimed and the other issues was and u said this the Blues wouldn't entertain any offers but instead opted to enter into the deal w/ Peoria, are you now saying the above scenario ios accurate.

Since when does the BOARD of Governors meet during the season that the fans are actually aware of anyway and why don't we hear of proposals until they're reported and the Peoria papers were so smug that they had acquired the Ice Cats before they paid the ECHL to terminate the ECHL Rivermen.

That rumor of the Blues leaving Worcester had been an undercurrent to your fanbase for years, as I understood.

Old
04-29-2006, 08:01 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango
210's right. You're simply not worth the time. I'd almost forgotten what a real vortex looked like. Thanks for reminding me why you're on so many ignore and banned lists.
Oh please

What we can infuse a little reality

Old
04-29-2006, 08:21 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH
Hutch, you still don't understand that the Bulldogs FRANCHISE that is playing in Hamilton now is not the same one that was there. The original Bulldogs were moved to become the Toronto Roadrunners -- at the same time, the dormant Quebec franchise was moved in behind the departing Bulldogs, and became the new Bulldogs.

And this "without approval" thing is bogus, and has been from the start. You continue to be wrong -- as always.
Wrong

The Original Bulldog Franchise that is owned by the Oilers has no home, Hans, in case u forgotten, wasn't the RoadRunners last in Toronto in 2003-04, BEFORE bolting to Edmonton late in 2004, irregardless of Montreal's dormant franchise and I recall, Hamilton's franchise currently is private is it not, Hans, as part of that deal because Edmonton operated the Bulldogs before Montreal assumed the role once the Oilers elected to move to Toronto, and now Montreal is the primary affiliate as compared to before Lyle Abraham's convincing the Oilers to move to Exhibition Place (which ironically was the original home of the Blue Jays), much to the chagrin of the Maple Leafs whose attempts to block that move were overruled.

So if Montreal didn't have the dormant Citadelles franchise available, would there actually be hockey in Hamilton the last 2 years as the Bulldogs, there was a question as to whether the Bulldogs should continue, why would they run a "Save the Bulldogs" ticket drive if they weren't coming back. Luckily, it never came to that conclusion.

If I am so wrong, how come everyone claims to be an expert & resorts to name-calling, how petty can u all be

Old
04-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
Oh please

What we can infuse a little reality
Chris, you wouldn't know reality if it bit you. In your world (and ONLY in your world), everyone else is wrong, everyone else is picking on you, and no one likes you.

Oh, scratch that. The last part is true in the real world, too.

Pretty talented guy - you've made my ignore list on at least 5 boards that I can think of. Have a nice life.

Old
04-29-2006, 09:08 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango
Chris, you wouldn't know reality if it bit you. In your world (and ONLY in your world), everyone else is wrong, everyone else is picking on you, and no one likes you.

Oh, scratch that. The last part is true in the real world, too.

Pretty talented guy - you've made my ignore list on at least 5 boards that I can think of. Have a nice life.
Then why are u here making life miserable, hmmmmmmm? I don't see u defending the history of the AHL, SOMEONE HAS TO, & HONESTLY Don't care to be lectured by anyone

Old
04-29-2006, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
All of that was done behind the scenes while the Ice Cats in effect snookered the fans and said no negotiations were going on, and why was a public announcement made 6 weeks before the season ended and before the approval was ratified by the Board of Governors, that's the difference.
The sale was announced publicly because a reporter in Peoria found out and printed the story, which then resulted in Bill Ballou (the Worcester Telegram & Gazette's AHL reporter) looking into it and confirming the rumor. They then announced the sale was finalized pending the approval of the AHL's BOG DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CHRIS?

How they negotiated and who they wanted to know about it has no bearing on anything. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CHRIS?

Quote:
St. Louis wanted out because they were losing $, or so they claimed and the other issues was and u said this the Blues wouldn't entertain any offers but instead opted to enter into the deal w/ Peoria, are you now saying the above scenario ios accurate.
My posts on several boards on this very topic were (and still are) very clear. The Blues were not interested in finding local ownership in Worcester despite the Blues claims that they looked, and there is overwhelming evidence that they didn't look nor even make it known locally that they wanted to sell the team.

And none of this has anything to do with their selling the team to the folks in Peoria and then having to wait until the sale was approved by the AHL's BOG. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CHRIS?

Quote:
Since when does the BOARD of Governors meet during the season that the fans are actually aware of
Every meeting is announced. You just have to know where to look or who to ask. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CHRIS?

Quote:
anyway and why don't we hear of proposals until they're reported and the Peoria papers were so smug that they had acquired the Ice Cats before they paid the ECHL to terminate the ECHL Rivermen.
You won't hear of proposals to buy teams because teams generally keep that information to themselves. The only way you'll hear about it is if one of the parties talks to the media about it.

And what happened to the ECHL Rivermen has nothing to do with the Blues selling the team to the folks in Peoria and then having to wait until the sale was approved by the AHL's BOG. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CHRIS?

Quote:
That rumor of the Blues leaving Worcester had been an undercurrent to your fanbase for years, as I understood.
Even if true that has nothing to do with the Blues selling the team to the folks in Peoria and then having to wait until the sale was approved by the AHL's BOG. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CHRIS?

Old
04-30-2006, 01:58 AM
Clash*

Hutch, shouldn't you be getting your picture taken for the Jerry Lewis Labor Day telethon? Aren't you the posterboy again?

I love how things are a discussion until Hutch comes along. And then you get the little boy jumpin up and down screamin "I'm riigghhtt. I'm riiigghhhtt." even if he is proven wrong.

Old
04-30-2006, 05:26 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Hutch, shouldn't you be getting your picture taken for the Jerry Lewis Labor Day telethon? Aren't you the posterboy again?

I love how things are a discussion until Hutch comes along. And then you get the little boy jumpin up and down screamin "I'm riigghhtt. I'm riiigghhhtt." even if he is proven wrong.
If everyone would put him in their ignore list, it wouldn't be an issue.

Old
04-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougmustgo
What have you been smoking Syracuse???? You are uttering nothing but useless information. Simple fact is Gilbert has the $$$$ and the he will soon (May 15) have Dave Andrews eating out of his hand. Cleveland Barons hockey will once again return to the glory days of the past. Did I forget to mention 9 Calder Cups? When we return we will surely outdraw on weeknights what you put in that dumpy arena on weekends. Also, are you guys going to break 5,000fans for a playoff game this year, you haven't yet???? We all know there is so much to do in downtown Syracuse maybe thats why you haven't yet.

Game on!!!

AHL Hockey Returns to Cleveland for the 2007-08 season.

I shouldn't steep down to your level, but while you devote all your time dumping on the city that I grew up and spent most of my life in, let me remind you that Syracuse isn't the city that was given the nickname "Mistake by the Lake."

You're busting a nut talking about Cleveland as if it is NYC...that's pretty ****ing hilarious.

Old
04-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred
Cleveland sucks

Wow I didn't know you could actually put two words together. Whats next from you a paragraph, lol...

Old
04-30-2006, 09:48 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Since this unfortunately seems to have turned into insult-trading, baiting, etc., this thread is closed.

I would suggest that a lot more of you start using the ignore feature. Please.

Closed Thread