HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Here we go again.

Old
08-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat24 View Post
No doubt it was about money. But still there are very few untouchables in the nhl. Kane isn't one of them.
He's about as close you can possibly get without being named Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin. The Hawks are never going to trade Patrick Kane.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
We really need a 2C but we can always use more tough and physical left-wingers. What can you tell us about Adam? I thought he was a lW but I saw how he played center a lot the last year. Rookie year he was great but this year he seemed like he hit the jinx. Is he still in your plans? A lot of people didn't even have him penciled into your 2013 lineup. Would you guys trade Foligno in a package for Kane and other hawks?
Adam isn't a 2C at this point in his career. What he did last year was inflated by playing in between Vanek and Pominville. I wouldn't use Adam's 2011-2012 stats as an indication of future performance, at least not yet.

Adam being demoted, he went back to Rochester, and didn't play well. He was moved to LW for Buffalo's development camp, and seemed to play well on Hodgson's wing. He skated better as well, a weak point of his. As of now, though, Adam is a one-trick-pony who happens to have a really good trick: his shot. He's deadly from the dots into the net. He's not a great skater, and isn't a power player despite his size.

Any team that trades for Adam is betting on his skating and confidence improving. It's a buy-low and hope the stock improve type of deal. Buffalo probably starts Adam in Rochester unless he has a really good camp, which he did last year.

Foligno would be hard to move. Not that he holds more value than Kane, because he doesn't. It's just that Buffalo isn't an overly physical team right now, and Foligno is a power forward with top nine potential. His rarity for the team makes him hard to move.

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Der Jaeger

No intent to hijack the thread, but I wanted to know how the Blackhawks looked at LW. If Buffalo signs Shane Doan, they might be forced to move Thomas Vanek. I'm admitting up front that aside from Stalberg, I'm not certain about Chicago's LW needs. Assuming that the Blackhawks could use a LW, what about a deal centered around Vanek and Hjalmarsson?

Chicago's not going to want to alleviate Buffalo's potential cap issues by trading futures, and then becoming stuck against the cap themselves. Hjalmarsson as the basis of the deal is a half-step for both teams. Vanek makes ~$7.2M for the next two seasons. Hjalmarsson makes $3.5M for the next two seasons. Trading them would put both teams right around $64-66M.

That wouldn't be the whole deal. Chicago has Pirri, McNeill, and maybe Kruger in play, with Buffalo able to offer Adam, Enroth, and maybe Sekera.

Hjalmarsson, McNeill, and Kruger for Vanek and Enroth?

Old
08-22-2012, 07:39 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
No intent to hijack the thread, but I wanted to know how the Blackhawks looked at LW. If Buffalo signs Shane Doan, they might be forced to move Thomas Vanek. I'm admitting up front that aside from Stalberg, I'm not certain about Chicago's LW needs. Assuming that the Blackhawks could use a LW, what about a deal centered around Vanek and Hjalmarsson?

Chicago's not going to want to alleviate Buffalo's potential cap issues by trading futures, and then becoming stuck against the cap themselves. Hjalmarsson as the basis of the deal is a half-step for both teams. Vanek makes ~$7.2M for the next two seasons. Hjalmarsson makes $3.5M for the next two seasons. Trading them would put both teams right around $64-66M.

That wouldn't be the whole deal. Chicago has Pirri, McNeill, and maybe Kruger in play, with Buffalo able to offer Adam, Enroth, and maybe Sekera.

Something around Enroth..Yes. Vanek, not so much.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

I think the when "Kane" and "Miller" are in the same post, the post should automatically be deleted.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:11 PM
HawkeyLife07

Quote:

Holy crap, yeah to that deal..

HawkeyLife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:13 PM
tomcat24

Quote:
Adam isn't a 2C at this point in his career. What he did last year was inflated by playing in between Vanek and Pominville. I wouldn't use Adam's 2011-2012 stats as an indication of future performance, at least not yet.

Adam being demoted, he went back to Rochester, and didn't play well. He was moved to LW for Buffalo's development camp, and seemed to play well on Hodgson's wing. He skated better as well, a weak point of his. As of now, though, Adam is a one-trick-pony who happens to have a really good trick: his shot. He's deadly from the dots into the net. He's not a great skater, and isn't a power player despite his size.

Any team that trades for Adam is betting on his skating and confidence improving. It's a buy-low and hope the stock improve type of deal. Buffalo probably starts Adam in Rochester unless he has a really good camp, which he did last year.

Foligno would be hard to move. Not that he holds more value than Kane, because he doesn't. It's just that Buffalo isn't an overly physical team right now, and Foligno is a power forward with top nine potential. His rarity for the team makes him hard to move.
For some reason I thought Adam was more physical. I would pass on him now. A lot of that sounds like Bickell. The sabres have the same needs as us: bigger and tougher up front. I didn't think Foligno would be that easy to get. Vanek would help our pp a lot, but that is a lot of coin 4 him. Like you said, we can even it out with other players.

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I think the when "Kane" and "Miller" are in the same post, the post should automatically be deleted.
This. X1000

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
For some reason I thought Adam was more physical. I would pass on him now. A lot of that sounds like Bickell. The sabres have the same needs as us: bigger and tougher up front. I didn't think Foligno would be that easy to get. Vanek would help our pp a lot, but that is a lot of coin 4 him. Like you said, we can even it out with other players.
I think of Adam in the same way I think of Vanek and Tomas Holmstrom: really good at one thing. Vanek isn't physical, but he's got a great shot. Put him in front of the net, and he'll absorb more punishment than most players can take, and score a ton. Same with Holmstrom.

Adam has a chance to develop into that type of player, thought probably a lesser version.

Old
08-22-2012, 11:01 PM
tomcat24

Quote:
I think of Adam in the same way I think of Vanek and Tomas Holmstrom: really good at one thing. Vanek isn't physical, but he's got a great shot. Put him in front of the net, and he'll absorb more punishment than most players can take, and score a ton. Same with Holmstrom.

Adam has a chance to develop into that type of player, thought probably a lesser version.
That's not a bad thing at all. Like you said, it is a gamble. Hoping he can turn into that. A team is made up of all different types. The Hawks really need a guy that can stand in front of the goalie and take abuse and create havoc in front. Plus have the skills to finish. We have guys like Toews, Sharp, kane, and Hossa who can score the highlight goal

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
I would be interested in something like Milleer, Stafford, and Foligno for Kane and Crawford. But we would need to add something. I don't know who
if we add something to this, It would make no more sense for us to do this

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Kane like his Miller lite

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 09:18 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 179
Quote:
Miller is a huge fan of the WWE wrestler Kane.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:20 AM
hockeydoug

Miller is one of the most whiny players in the league the last 2 or 3 seasons. I'm more worried about what goes on between his ears than Luongo's.

Not that it matters, Kane goes nowhere.

I really don't want to trade a good player for Miller. Just as many playoff wins as Crawford the last 5 years.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

they would have to include a good player to Miller for sure...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote