HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

OT: opinion on trade offer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-23-2012, 08:04 PM
  #1
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
OT: opinion on trade offer

hello everybody! i noticed that this board was not starting a gm connected league for nhl 13 so i joined a league on the leafs board. anyways long story short me and this guy are discussing this trade and i wanted to know your guys (flames fans) thought on the deal and whether i should do it. I think it's a good deal for me (i'm the flames) but i wanted other people's opinions. so the offer is:

To Calgary:
Rusty Klesla
antoine vermette
4th

To phoenix:
curtis glencross
matt stajan
anton babchuk

obviously i want to get rid of babchuk and stajan but glencross is a hefty price to pay. on the other hand i'm getting a top 4 defencman back and a good #2C.

thoughts???? should i do the deal???

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:06 PM
  #2
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 133
Glenny is the best piece IMO.

Offloading Stajan and Babchuk is a good first step though. If you need the cap space, make the deal otherwise I wouldn't. I don't think it improves the team even if Vermette would become the defacto #1 C.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:06 PM
  #3
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
Lines after deal:
cammalerri,vermette,iginla
tanguay,cervenka,hudler
bartchi,backlund,stempniak
comeau,jones,jackman

giordano, bouwmeester
klesla, wideman
brodie, sarich
butler

OR

tanguay,cammalerri,iginla
cervenka,vermette,hudler
bartchi,backlund,stempniak
comeau,jones,jackman

klesla,bouwmeester
giordano,wideman
brodie, sarich
butler

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:09 PM
  #4
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
^^ i agree with you on glencross is the best piece but in the game he is only rated 82. i'm getting back vermette who is a upgrade on stajan and klesla who is a huge upgrade on babchuck plus a mid pick. it's a hard choice. especially since glencross is one of my favourite flames

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:10 PM
  #5
Savoie16
Registered User
 
Savoie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bathurst, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Glenny is the best piece IMO.

Offloading Stajan and Babchuk is a good first step though. If you need the cap space, make the deal otherwise I wouldn't. I don't think it improves the team even if Vermette would become the defacto #1 C.
I agree with that fact right there unless you need the cap space keep em you could get better for GlenX in my opinion and worst comes to worst you can just send babs and stajan through waivers or try to trade them for some pick

Savoie16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
  #6
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,823
vCash: 354
Stajan (82) >> Vermette (73)
Klesla (82) > Babchuck (79)
Glencross (82) >>>>>>>> 4th round pick

thats a terrible trade.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:27 PM
  #7
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Stajan (82) >> Vermette (73)
Klesla (82) > Babchuck (79)
Glencross (82) >>>>>>>> 4th round pick

thats a terrible trade.
There is no way Vermette is a 73, that has to be a typo.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:29 PM
  #8
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
^^ i agree with you on glencross is the best piece but in the game he is only rated 82. i'm getting back vermette who is a upgrade on stajan and klesla who is a huge upgrade on babchuck plus a mid pick. it's a hard choice. especially since glencross is one of my favourite flames
Right, I was in Fantasy League mode sorry, yeah in NHL 13 it might make a bit more sense. If I was you I would just center the deal around :

Glenny

for

Vermette +

and forget about trying to offload Babs and Stajan.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:29 PM
  #9
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
OMG thank you for pointing that out^ i had no idea vermette was only rated 73!! EA really cut him short. i'm going to message the guy right now and tell him no deal.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:29 PM
  #10
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,823
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
There is no way Vermette is a 73, that has to be a typo.
No it is a tragedy but he is a 73 http://mit.zenfs.com/206/2012/08/Ratings_phoenix.jpg

so based on that, that trade is pretty brutal.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:30 PM
  #11
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
OMG thank you for pointing that out^ i had no idea vermette was only rated 73!! EA really cut him short. i'm going to message the guy right now and tell him no deal.
Id hold your horses I am almost 100% sure its a typo in their roster releases, there have already been a few pointed out.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:31 PM
  #12
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
No it is a tragedy but he is a 73 http://mit.zenfs.com/206/2012/08/Ratings_phoenix.jpg

so based on that, that trade is pretty brutal.
Yeah thats where I suspected you got that from, there have already been 2 errors on the Avs sheet and one on the Flames with Iggy, its gotta be a typo.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:34 PM
  #13
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,823
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Yeah thats where I suspected you got that from, there have already been 2 errors on the Avs sheet and one on the Flames with Iggy, its gotta be a typo.
I don't think so, even if it is and he is a 83 its still a bad trade.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:43 PM
  #14
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
how do you guys know these 'typos' like iginla aren't typos and 85 is actually what EA rated iginla????

also i have another deal for you guys:

To Calgary:
Jan Hejda
4th

To colorado
lee stempniak
anton babchuk

thoughts????

hejda>stempniak
babchuk>4th but i really have no need for babchuk because if i make this trade it pushes butler out of the line up, which means i will have him, smith and carson all sitting. that's is plenty of depth which imo means it wouldn't hurt to trade babchuk for a 4th. at the very least it is 2.5 mil salary gone for me and i can just sign a FA like huselious (of the top of my head) to replace stempniak on the 3rd line or try one of our prospects (i.e Aliu) or could even dangle someone like butler for a 3rd liner. i'm trying hard to get the carolina gm to give me larose who would be perfect for the third line and butler could be involed

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:45 PM
  #15
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
actually nvm vermette has to be a typo because the way EA has it set up is it goes the best at every posistion like best lines and if vermette is ahead of hanzal (80) it means vermette must be higher than 80 which leads me to believe he has to be a 83. does that change anybody''s mind on this trade?

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:46 PM
  #16
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
how do you guys know these 'typos' like iginla aren't typos and 85 is actually what EA rated iginla????

also i have another deal for you guys:

To Calgary:
Jan Hejda
4th

To colorado
lee stempniak
anton babchuk

thoughts????

hejda>stempniak
babchuk>4th but i really have no need for babchuk because if i make this trade it pushes butler out of the line up, which means i will have him, smith and carson all sitting. that's is plenty of depth which imo means it wouldn't hurt to trade babchuk for a 4th. at the very least it is 2.5 mil salary gone for me and i can just sign a FA like huselious (of the top of my head) to replace stempniak on the 3rd line or try one of our prospects (i.e Aliu) or could even dangle someone like butler for a 3rd liner. i'm trying hard to get the carolina gm to give me larose who would be perfect for the third line and butler could be involed
Apparently Iginla is an 87 in the game...

Ryan O'reilly on the Avs was rated as a 72 I believe, then it was changed to 82...

As for your new deal I wouldn't, You lose a valuable 3rd liner for essentially nothing.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:47 PM
  #17
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
actually nvm vermette has to be a typo because the way EA has it set up is it goes the best at every posistion like best lines and if vermette is ahead of hanzal (80) it means vermette must be higher than 80 which leads me to believe he has to be a 83. does that change anybody''s mind on this trade?
See what I am saying? Just didn't make sense.

Maybe id do it...It helps your Center depth but the team I would say gets weaker overall.

Depends how bad you need cap space/ a center.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:48 PM
  #18
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
my one worry is with EA's awful ratings i'm scared what they might rank cervenka and bartchi. they both be like 55 or something than i'm out a 3rd line winger and my #2 C

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:50 PM
  #19
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
i wouldn't say its for nothing. im giving up a 3rd liner for a #4D, who would be a upgrade over butler, be a good shutdown partner for wideman and allow me to pair giordano and bouwmeester together

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:51 PM
  #20
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
my one worry is with EA's awful ratings i'm scared what they might rank cervenka and bartchi. they both be like 55 or something than i'm out a 3rd line winger and my #2 C
Thats a very legitimate concern..

Adding a Center like Vermette might be a great idea. I am starting to come around on this deal more....but youll be out a top 6 winger if you make this deal, are you really better off?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 09:04 PM
  #21
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
^ all of my concern is around cervenka. i could deal for vermette but that leaves my 2nd LW spot open which i could move cervenka or bartchi too and move vermette to the #2C spot but if bartchi/cervenka suck in the game i'm out a LW. If i don't deal for vermette and cervenka sucks i'm out a #2C BUT if didnt do the deal i could move stajan to since he is rated a solid 82. so for that point only i dont think i'm going to do the deal. However i'm still really considering the hejda for stempniak deal and i'm thinking i'm going to do it. the avalanche GM said he would do it but wants to wait for the game to come out to make it official.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:45 PM
  #22
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,959
vCash: 500
Wait NHL 13 is out already?

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:10 PM
  #23
pckstpr31
Registered User
 
pckstpr31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CGY
Country: Canada
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
^^^ came here to say this. How are you already in a league?

pckstpr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:20 PM
  #24
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
no there is just a thread on the maple leafs board on a league and 30 different people joined and we have it all set up so we aren't scrambling when the game comes out to get a league going. we want to go right away and start. everyone is just talking trades and stuff right now trying to get their rosters set before the season starts. lol it is sort of like a mini offseason and the teams are getting their rosters ready for the start of the season.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:27 PM
  #25
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
also for anyone that cares, i just agreed on a trade with columbus, it's done deal:

to columbus:
henrik karlsson
anton babchuck

FOR

To flames:
bobrovsky
david savard

the way i see it i'm getting a upgrade in the back up goalie posistion, put irving in AHL for depth and i'm dumping babchuk's salary for david savard who is similar to babchuk in the sense they are both offense first but he is younger and cheaper than babchuk. you guys can have your own opinions on this trade, but imo i think i won it

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.