HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part II

View Poll Results: Random question: Which of these jerseys do you like?
Preds normal home jersey 25 52.08%
Preds normal away jersey 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Digging through some of my old "Troll Poile" stuff from last year, among other (terrible) photoshops I made. Do you guys want me to bring that back next year? I love doing it, but it's a lot of work, and I need ideas.

For those who don't remember, I threw one of these in every GDT for a few weeks, then ran out of time/jokes. An example (I know it's small, my bad):

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 08-15-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old
08-20-2012, 02:45 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Nashville Predators ‏@PredsNHL

SAVE THE DATE: @PredsNHL Skate of the Union Town Hall Meeting on Monday, August 20 at @BrdgstoneArena -- more info coming soon.
Is anyone going tonight? I was going to make a GDT for this for reports, but wasn't sure if anyone was attending.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Is anyone going tonight? I was going to make a GDT for this for reports, but wasn't sure if anyone was attending.
Not I ... it's going to be boring without Weber & Trotz

Old
08-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Digging through some of my old "Troll Poile" stuff from last year, among other (terrible) photoshops I made. Do you guys want me to bring that back next year? I love doing it, but it's a lot of work, and I need ideas.

For those who don't remember, I threw one of these in every GDT for a few weeks, then ran out of time/jokes. An example (I know it's small, my bad):

Loved them. Gave me chuckle every time. Keep 'em coming for this year.

Old
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post

frickin loved em

Old
08-20-2012, 05:42 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

So no trotz or Weber at SOTU? weak sauce

Old
08-20-2012, 06:58 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Weber is probably been at the NHLPA meetings. And we extended Fisher!

Old
08-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Any idea of Weber has actually signed his contract yet?

Old
08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Weber is probably been at the NHLPA meetings. And we extended Fisher!
true didnt think about that, and i think he was planing on getting married sometime this summer, which is extemely time consuming. Atleast for the wife

Old
08-20-2012, 08:30 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
true didnt think about that, and i think he was planing on getting married sometime this summer, which is extemely time consuming. Atleast for the wife

He is also doing a hockey school with cody franson in sicamous

Old
08-21-2012, 04:22 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I went to the SotU. A lot of info is what we already know. But here are some things I remembered.

- $6million in upgrades for HVAC, dehumidifiers, plumbing, lockerrooms.

-want to make the building #1 sports/entertainment venue in America (currently #6 behind NY, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami)

-adding some kind of rooms for players. A "Shooting" room and another one (I think they said accuracy?). They said only about 3 or 4 other teams have anything like this.

-the suite in sec.218 is being converted into some kind of club. A smaller club, one that "no one has ever seen anything like this before".

-we should break 10,000 season tickets this year

-we have over 100 business sponsors this year (up from 60 two years ago).

-Bridgestone extended their naming rights for 5 more years.

-they are thinking about doing some kind of Preds caravan. Going to the cities where their radio affiliates are and doing autographs and speeches in those communities.

-yes we have enough money to add players. wouldn't have matched weber if we didn't or it wasn't feasible in the long term.

-there are not a lot of forward FA right now. Poile prefers to see how our team does and see what we need to add and if necessary make a trade. Adding at the deadline is his preferred option. Still believes we have a chance to sign Doan although he thinks the PHX situation will be resolved and Doan will stay in Phoenix.

-Someone asked about the owners real commitment to staying in TN and Cigarran talked about how he's lived here for 35 years and this is home now. He said he and his wife bought burial plots so they are here for good!

-No one can answer any questions about the CBA or negotiations.

-Horachek was practically gushing about Ellis. They think we will see a lot of him this year.

-Coaching staff loves Hannan and has wanted him for a long time.

This year they did a Q&A with players, too. Wilson, Gaustad, Mason, Gill, Fisher were the participants. Standard, I love it here, chance to win, great city/fans answers.

-Gill is funny. Apparently he makes fun of Wilson daily.

-Mason talked about how he and Weber used to be road roommates and they would bring their playstation and try to beat the games. Mason said it was a little bit embarrassing and nerdy to admit that. Then Gill chimed in with his story of when got traded here. They were on the plane and he was thinking that Weber kid is a stud and it's going to be great to play with him. Then he looks over and sees Weber intently playing video games and thought, oh no he's a "vidiot"!

-Gaustad on why he learned to change hands on faceoffs: I was getting absolutely killed on the draws and needed to try something new.

Last edited by sparkle twin: 08-21-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old
08-21-2012, 06:40 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Kinda cool to hear that the guys ragged on weber a little in a friendly way. Sounds like there isn't much resentment over the offer sheet ordeal

Old
08-21-2012, 10:03 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Kinda cool to hear that the guys ragged on weber a little in a friendly way. Sounds like there isn't much resentment over the offer sheet ordeal
shouldn't have been. All those guys there have been on the business end of deals outside of Blum who is doing it now.

Old
08-21-2012, 02:44 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
-they are thinking about doing some kind of Preds caravan. Going to the cities where their radio affiliates are and doing autographs and speeches in those communities.

I hope they do something like this. There's a large # of hockey fans in Knoxville (Knoxville routinely leads the SPHL in attendance (and did with the Speed and the Cherokees before that)), and with the new ticket plans that allow you to tailor the # of tickets and the dates, I don't see why the Preds don't reach out to East Tennessee more.

Heck, we have as many ice rinks in Knoxville as there is in the Nashville area.

I can't see that it would cost that much to load up a player, Gnash, and a few ticket reps for a 2 hour appearance at a local rink. I'm willing to bet they sell enough flex plans to make it worthwhile.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

From the Skate of the Union last night.

Old
08-22-2012, 03:31 PM
PFL615

Quote:
I went to the SotU. A lot of info is what we already know. But here are some things I remembered.

- $6million in upgrades for HVAC, dehumidifiers, plumbing, lockerrooms.

-want to make the building #1 sports/entertainment venue in America (currently #6 behind NY, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami)

-adding some kind of rooms for players. A "Shooting" room and another one (I think they said accuracy?). They said only about 3 or 4 other teams have anything like this.

-the suite in sec.218 is being converted into some kind of club. A smaller club, one that "no one has ever seen anything like this before".

-we should break 10,000 season tickets this year

-we have over 100 business sponsors this year (up from 60 two years ago).

-Bridgestone extended their naming rights for 5 more years.

-yes we have enough money to add players. wouldn't have matched weber if we didn't or it wasn't feasible in the long term.

-there are not a lot of forward FA right now. Poile prefers to see how our team does and see what we need to add and if necessary make a trade. Adding at the deadline is his preferred option. Still believes we have a chance to sign Doan although he thinks the PHX situation will be resolved and Doan will stay in Phoenix.

-Someone asked about the owners real commitment to staying in TN and Cigarran talked about how he's lived here for 35 years and this is home now. He said he and his wife bought burial plots so they are here for good!

-No one can answer any questions about the CBA or negotiations.

-Horachek was practically gushing about Ellis. They think we will see a lot of him this year.

-Coaching staff loves Hannan and has wanted him for a long time.

This year they did a Q&A with players, too. Wilson, Gaustad, Mason, Gill, Fisher were the participants. Standard, I love it here, chance to win, great city/fans answers.

-Gill is funny. Apparently he makes fun of Wilson daily.

-Mason talked about how he and Weber used to be road roommates and they would bring their playstation and try to beat the games. Mason said it was a little bit embarrassing and nerdy to admit that. Then Gill chimed in with his story of when got traded here. They were on the plane and he was thinking that Weber kid is a stud and it's going to be great to play with him. Then he looks over and sees Weber intently playing video games and thought, oh no he's a "vidiot"!

-Gaustad on why he learned to change hands on faceoffs: I was getting absolutely killed on the draws and needed to try something new.
I would like to add that they mentioned with the new lease with Nashville part of it requires 3 rinks in the middle TN area. They said another rink will be added in Davidson County and the other two are being discussed. That will be huge in growing hockey in Nashville. Especially if they figure out hockey fans are not only in Brentwood/Franklin. I say you put one in Hendersonville which can serve (Hendersonville, Gallatin, White House, Portland, and Southern KY) and the other in the 840/40 area for easy access for people in both Wilson and Rutherford County (Lebanon, Mt Juliet, Murfreesboro, Smyrna) A lot of people currently and moving in which = a lot of kids.

Old
08-22-2012, 03:56 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
I went to the SotU....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
From the Skate of the Union last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
I would like to add....
Thanks for the reporting and pics. Awesome stuff.

Old
08-23-2012, 12:33 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
I would like to add that they mentioned with the new lease with Nashville part of it requires 3 rinks in the middle TN area. They said another rink will be added in Davidson County and the other two are being discussed. That will be huge in growing hockey in Nashville. Especially if they figure out hockey fans are not only in Brentwood/Franklin. I say you put one in Hendersonville which can serve (Hendersonville, Gallatin, White House, Portland, and Southern KY) and the other in the 840/40 area for easy access for people in both Wilson and Rutherford County (Lebanon, Mt Juliet, Murfreesboro, Smyrna) A lot of people currently and moving in which = a lot of kids.
And Robertson County. This season I will be driving to the Sportsplex 3 times a week. Sundays for my 6 year old first termite season. Tuesdays for skating lessons for my 6 and 3 year old, and Friday nights / Saturdays for free skate. I would LOVE a real rink in Hendersonville.

Old
08-23-2012, 02:32 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
And Robertson County. This season I will be driving to the Sportsplex 3 times a week. Sundays for my 6 year old first termite season. Tuesdays for skating lessons for my 6 and 3 year old, and Friday nights / Saturdays for free skate. I would LOVE a real rink in Hendersonville.
Think about the people in Murfreesboro having to do the same thing.

Old
08-23-2012, 03:17 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Think about the people in Murfreesboro having to do the same thing.
One of the kids in my son's class is from Clarksville. They said he will be starting hockey next season.

Old
08-23-2012, 03:55 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I just wish we'd get more ice so I'm not playing b league hockey at midnight on a Wednesday.

Old
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I just wish we'd get more ice so I'm not playing b league hockey at midnight on a Wednesday.
imagine how fun those games will be with me reffing...

Old
08-23-2012, 11:24 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Andy Strickland claiming that Coliacchiavo turned down an offer from us earlier this summer and is now working on a deal with the Wings...

Old
08-23-2012, 11:36 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Andy Strickland claiming that Coliacchiavo turned down an offer from us earlier this summer and is now working on a deal with the Wings...
Eh, no biggie. Wonder why he would turn down a deal with us for the Wings though. Detroit isn't looking like much of a contender these days.

Old
08-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Eh, no biggie. Wonder why he would turn down a deal with us for the Wings though. Detroit isn't looking like much of a contender these days.
My guess is that we only offered him a single year deal and he is looking for and will get a multiyear contract.

Closed Thread