HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If the NHL locks out

Old
08-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Impossible to say really. We'd be on the hook for Weber's bonus money. Salary wouldn't be paid, though. The Flames sent out a memo to staffers informing them of pay cuts if there is a lock out. I would imagine that isn't abnormal among NHL teams. I'm not sure what operational costs of the arena would be without a hockey team playing. I mean, you can't just shut the building down entirely.

FWIW, the Swedish Elite League said it won't allow short term deals for NHL players if there is a lock out. There goes one option to make money on the side.
As far as I know, Weber has yet to actually sign his contract, therefore we are not on the hook for his money as the ink isn't on the paper.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 11:08 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
As far as I know, Weber has yet to actually sign his contract, therefore we are not on the hook for his money as the ink isn't on the paper.
Any chance he's doing that to help the ownership out? He's probably due the money anyway even as they get closer to the end of the CBA.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I can honestly say that the owners do give input but I think they let the weasel have way more power and say as long as he is working to get them the most money he can.
Lawyers generally take a whole heck of a lot of crap, because their professional integrity requires that they take on their clients' causes as though they were their own. And we live in a world where people don't seem to be able to tell the difference between debate and browbeating, let alone arguing a position versus arguing one's own convictions.

Bettman has the same sorts of "causes" issue w/r/t the owners in his position as Commissioner. So, yeah, I tend to give him personally a break.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 06:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The owners and players share blame here. The current 57% of revenues to players in unsustainable, but the 46% proposal from the owners is too severe. The NHLPA has maximized several clauses in the current CBA which impacted both revenues and the cap.

Normal union, ownership brinkmanship negotiations.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 05:28 AM
jusu11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
This goes on my facebook page every day until the new contract is signed.
Thank you for helping us to get the video more attention and the kinda respect it deserves! All hc NHL fans back here in Finland are despretly hoping for #nolockout. Of course we have our own league whit amazing teams and players but still.. we stay up all nights whatching NHL (GMT+2) so we really hope that you guys there could start the season as soon as possible. Evry Finnish person is exited about Rinne and we really tried to get him on the NHL cover and we would hope that the real great8 Selanne would get to play ONE MORE YEAR

jusu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 09:23 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusu11 View Post
Thank you for helping us to get the video more attention and the kinda respect it deserves! All hc NHL fans back here in Finland are despretly hoping for #nolockout. Of course we have our own league whit amazing teams and players but still.. we stay up all nights whatching NHL (GMT+2) so we really hope that you guys there could start the season as soon as possible. Evry Finnish person is exited about Rinne and we really tried to get him on the NHL cover and we would hope that the real great8 Selanne would get to play ONE MORE YEAR
THANK YOU for this excellent production, and your overwhelming interest ( and we REALLY thank you for PEKS!!!!).

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 07:59 AM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

It's looking more like I will need to find another place to get my hockey fix and that just sucks! For me it the closest place is going to be Evansville to watch the Blues farm team. I guess I can try and catch games when the play the Pred's farm team from Cincy. Anyone else want to go?

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
It's looking more like I will need to find another place to get my hockey fix and that just sucks! For me it the closest place is going to be Evansville to watch the Blues farm team. I guess I can try and catch games when the play the Pred's farm team from Cincy. Anyone else want to go?
I resent that. We (the CBJ) were in Evansville before the Blues joined in.
(I suspect we'll be providing them with a few blueliners and goaltending, but we'll see.)

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:17 PM
luckofirish8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzBYS...layer_embedded

luckofirish8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:13 AM
K3V1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Just an idea I wanted to float out there. I'll begin by saying that I likely won't be changing my avatar, but a question for those who like to do the playoff avatar thing. Should we have Preds lock out avatars? The theme could play off of the whole Preds fans are used to adversity thing. One of them could be, 'Think you're down about the Lock out? How do you think we feel?' with a picture of Weber and $13,000,000 underneath it or something. Another could be "Terrible Summer Leads to Terrible Fall? You'll Get Used To It" with a Preds logo or something.

Just an idea to have a little fun with this whole thing.

Great themes!

Last edited by Seth Lake: 09-20-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: No...
K3V1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 04:27 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

If you find yourselves in need of a hockey fix in a month or two or three come check these guys out.

GwtGlads2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
If you find yourselves in need of a hockey fix in a month or two or three come check these guys out.

Booooooo!

(I'm an Idaho Steelheads fan)

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote