HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Flyers NHL 13 Xbox 360 GM Connected League [Officially Begins 9/18]

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2012, 11:48 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500

Line 1: Nash 87 - Richards 87 - Gaborik 89
Line 2: Kreider 68 - Stepan 82 - Callahan 84
Line 3: Hagelin 77 - Boyle 78 - Pyatt 75
Line 4: Asham 73 - Halpern 74 - Rupp 76

Defensive Pairing 1: McDonagh 86 - Girardi 85
Defensive Pairing 2: Staal 85 - Del Zotto 83
Defensive Pairing 3: Stralman 73 - Bickel 73

Goalies: Lundqvist 91
Biron 77

The only true untouchables right this second are Callahan & Gaborik. I'll field offers for anyone and everyone though.

** I'll update more later.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.

Last edited by SnS: 08-24-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old
08-24-2012, 12:43 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
The Ducks are very interested in Andy McDonald. Let me know what you want.

Also, I'm accepting the best offer for Corey Perry.
The Sabres are very interested in Ryan Getzlaf....

Old
08-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Remember what board you're on.
Yeah yeah, I know. Mike Rathje > Flyers > rest of the league.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
08-24-2012, 02:03 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Edmonton Oilers

Hall 84-RNH 80-Eberle 84
Smyth 81-Horcoff 82-Hemsky 83
Eager 74-Gagner 81-Jones 79
Hordichuk 71-Belanger 78-Petrell 73

Whitney 85-Peckham 77
Schultz 84-Sutton 74
Smid 81-Potter 76
Petry 77

Dubnyk 80
Khabibulin 77

Untouchable
Not quite untouchable
Get off my team now
Indifferent

I'm looking to improve the D.

Last edited by PALE PWNR: 08-28-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old
08-24-2012, 08:17 AM
thelos
Bunk

Dallas Stars Roster:

Eriksson(85)-Benn(86)-Ryder(80)
Morrow(83)-Roy(86)-Jagr(81)
Whitney(79)-Eakin(??)-Glennie(??)
Wandell(74)-Fiddler(75)-Nystrom(74)

Goligoski(82)-Daley(84)
Fistric(80)-Robidas(82)
Larsen(73)-Rome(74)

Lehtonen(86)
Bachman(74)

On the trading block:
Derek Roy, Brendan Morrow, Jaromir Jagr, Michael Ryder, Ray Whitney, Bachman, Jack Campbell, Any draft picks

Also, I have 10+ million in cap space, so I don't mind taking on extra salary in trades

Bolded are untouchable

Looking for:
Good Defensemen (80+)
Better offensive depth (for example, I would consider trading Roy for a downgraded 2nd line C and better depth)
Young forwards

Last edited by thelos: 08-24-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old
08-24-2012, 08:37 AM
El Emperor

NY Islanders

Just assume everyone but Tavares is available for trade... looking for just about anything.

Old
08-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Dishy

well since I got wait listed and then replaced for the Maple Leafs (kind of lame), I'll take the Canadiens. If you're going to put me on the wait list again, I'll just find another league.

Old
08-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishy View Post
well since I got wait listed and then replaced for the Maple Leafs (kind of lame), I'll take the Canadiens. If you're going to put me on the wait list again, I'll just find another league.
It's on the top of the OP, rookie posters and users with low post counts will be put on the wait list.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
08-24-2012, 10:30 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
Dallas Stars Roster:

Eriksson(85)-Benn(86)-Ryder(80)
Morrow(83)-Roy(86)-Jagr(81)
Whitney(79)-Eakin(??)-Glennie(??)
Wandell(74)-Fiddler(75)-Nystrom(74)

Goligoski(82)-Daley(84)
Fistric(80)-Robidas(82)
Larsen(73)-Rome(74)

Lehtonen(86)
Bachman(74)

On the trading block:
Derek Roy, Brendan Morrow, Jaromir Jagr, Michael Ryder, Ray Whitney, Bachman, Jack Campbell, Any draft picks

Also, I have 10+ million in cap space, so I don't mind taking on extra salary in trades

Bolded are untouchable

Looking for:
Good Defensemen (80+)
Better offensive depth (for example, I would consider trading Roy for a downgraded 2nd line C and better depth)
Young forwards
I want Jagr.

Old
08-24-2012, 10:35 AM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
I want Jagr.
Come at me bro. PM me and we can talk possibilities.

Old
08-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

What do people think of a number of trades cap or number of assets traded per year cap? I want to be able to keep rosters somewhat resembling their real life counterparts. The idea of GM's trading all of their players over and over IMO will be a huge turn off to some members.

Another thing, how long in real life should we have a season be? Two months? Something else? Two months would theoretically give us six seasons.

Do teams want to play the large majority of the games or do we play five or so games and sim ten?

I'm leaving all of the rules up to votes as I want it to be fair to everyone. As it stands now I really don't know every little detail about the league so I can't make every single rule and what not.

Old
08-24-2012, 01:09 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
What do people think of a number of trades cap or number of assets traded per year cap? I want to be able to keep rosters somewhat resembling their real life counterparts. The idea of GM's trading all of their players over and over IMO will be a huge turn off to some members.

Another thing, how long in real life should we have a season be? Two months? Something else? Two months would theoretically give us six seasons.

Do teams want to play the large majority of the games or do we play five or so games and sim ten?

I'm leaving all of the rules up to votes as I want it to be fair to everyone. As it stands now I really don't know every little detail about the league so I can't make every single rule and what not.
I think Trade caps are fine, as long as the limits aren't too small.

Two months might be a bit long for each season, but Im not really sure. We should definitely do a combo of Simming and Playing for the games though(play all playoff games), to speed up the progression of the league.

Old
08-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
I think Trade caps are fine, as long as the limits aren't too small.

Two months might be a bit long for each season, but Im not really sure. We should definitely do a combo of Simming and Playing for the games though(play all playoff games), to speed up the progression of the league.
We'll have to come up with a good number.

The length of the season depends on how much we sim really. If some GM's want to play every game possible we'll obviously have to slow it down but if every one is in favor of some simming we'll move along quite well.

Old
08-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Oh yeah, keep in mind the salary cap. Which i'm going to have to do some tinkering with Pronger. Also, i'm 99% sure there is no LTIR so when players get hurt they'll still count towards the cap.

EDIT: Or maybe I won't. I forgot Homer hasn't went crazy yet on his cap space.

Old
08-24-2012, 01:29 PM
thelos
Bunk

I will take on any albatrosses that people need to get rid of.

Old
08-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

We've had lots of interest in Andrej Meszaros and Danny Briere. We will continue to listen to all trade offers for any players besides Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, Brayden Schenn, Chris Pronger, Braydon Coburn, Kimmo Timonen, and Luke Schenn. We continue to look for an improvement at the back-up goaltender position and would like a top line winger or a third line winger.

Old
08-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:

I don't mind capping the # of trades per year/season. Limiting the # of assets traded per year, I believe that will go by very quickly. Maybe limit how much of your roster you can overturn?

-I believe the regular season is only 2 weeks, so each season shoud be around 1 month.

-This is the way I've had it set up in my league. You play the first 20 games (either computer or the real opponent if he's online, you're free to do less games), sim the rest of the season until the final 10 games (where you must play all of it). Playing the final 10 games means you have the chance to make the playoffs or not and that destiny is in your hands. Would be great for rivalry. Then you play all the playoffs. You would have to set up the times with your opponents.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erza Scarlet View Post
I don't mind capping the # of trades per year/season. Limiting the # of assets traded per year, I believe that will go by very quickly. Maybe limit how much of your roster you can overturn?

-I believe the regular season is only 2 weeks, so each season shoud be around 1 month.

-This is the way I've had it set up in my league. You play the first 20 games (either computer or the real opponent if he's online, you're free to do less games), sim the rest of the season until the final 10 games (where you must play all of it). Playing the final 10 games means you have the chance to make the playoffs or not and that destiny is in your hands. Would be great for rivalry. Then you play all the playoffs. You would have to set up the times with your opponents.
The only problem I see with that system is that 2 weeks is a pretty decent amount of time for a team who didn't make the playoffs to do nothing.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:36 PM
cheesesteak

Untouchable for the most part: Kopitar - Doughty - Quick - Richards - Brown - Gagne - Carter - Williams(This is the order I value them). I want to try keeping the former Flyers and acquiring more(current or past). I'm open to all offers but I'll probably wait to see how the season is going before I decide on making any moves. Is there free agency?

I would trade Kopitar+ for Giroux or Kopitar + Brown+ for Giroux + Hartnell....No idea what the + would be and I doubt you're interested in moving them unless it's huge overpayment so I doubt it would get done but I guess it's worth a shot.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

There has been some interest shown in Bozak, Lombardi, and Gardiner, so if you have any interest in those players it is best to send me a PM now before it is too late.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

I dont know about the trade cap thing.... Alot of us got teams that we only like a couple players. I figure the whole point of this is to field a team of players you like. Now if I was the Flyers I would be cool with the trade cap. I mean if its like 10 - 12 thats fine too. JMO.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erza Scarlet View Post

That's what i'm confused about. During the video it shows "NHL Schedule Length" and the caption says "This determines how much time in the NHL Schedule is playable during every game period the league advances." I have absolutely no idea what that entails. Does it mean you can play two weeks of the real NHL Schedule during a time period that is manually rolled over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
The only problem I see with that system is that 2 weeks is a pretty decent amount of time for a team who didn't make the playoffs to do nothing.
Valid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post

Untouchable for the most part: Kopitar - Doughty - Quick - Richards - Brown - Gagne - Carter - Williams(This is the order I value them). I want to try keeping the former Flyers and acquiring more(current or past). I'm open to all offers but I'll probably wait to see how the season is going before I decide on making any moves. Is there free agency?

I would trade Kopitar+ for Giroux or Kopitar + Brown+ for Giroux + Hartnell....No idea what the + would be and I doubt you're interested in moving them unless it's huge overpayment so I doubt it would get done but I guess it's worth a shot.
Probably won't happen haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
I dont know about the trade cap thing.... Alot of us got teams that we only like a couple players. I figure the whole point of this is to field a team of players you like. Now if I was the Flyers I would be cool with the trade cap. I mean if its like 10 - 12 thats fine too. JMO.
I just don't want people going trade crazy. The idea of all 30 teams being different a week into the season is a major turn off to me.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Jray42

vCash: 300

CURRENT LINEUP *Subject to Change

Matt Duchene (85) - Paul Stastny (85) - Steve Downie (81)
Gabriel Landeskog (82) - Ryan O'Reilly (82) - PA Parenteau (82)
David Jones (78) - John Mitchell (74) - Jamie McGinn (78)
Milan Hejduk (78) - Chuck Kobasew (78) - Cody McLeod (72)
Mark Olver

Erik Johnson (85) - Shane O'Brien (77)
Jan Hejda (81) - Matt Hunwick (76)
Greg Zanon(78) - Ryan O'Byrne (76)
Ryan Wilson (76)

Semyon Varlamov (81)
Jean-Sebastian Giguere (76)

TRADING BLOCK
  • Milan Hejduk
  • Chuck Kobasew
  • All Defenseman minus Erik Johnson
  • Paul Stastny (Getting a feel for the market)

NEEDS & WANTS
  • By far my biggest need is Defensive Help:
  • Looking for 2-3 young top four defenseman
  • Looking for 1 major top pairing defenseman, 30 or younger
  • 3rd Line Center (faceoff abilities and low salaries are a plus)
  • Top 6 Winger (possibly)

**I might be shopping Matt Duchene, depending on the interest level/ type of offers.

Last edited by Jray42: 08-24-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old
08-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

sa cyred's friend and orange is better's friend will be named Calgary's and Montreal's GM's. I've asked for them to create an HF account.

Old
08-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Quote:

I just don't want people going trade crazy. The idea of all 30 teams being different a week into the season is a major turn off to me.
I completely agree. Me and Erza were in a league where there was over a hundred trades in a week and people turned their teams over like 3 times. It was stupid. But I do think it will take me about 4-6 trades to get the guys I want and also to get rid of the guys I hats.

Closed Thread