HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eagles Draft Day

Old
04-30-2006, 10:51 AM
kingjdv

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Damn! The Beagles are goin for it. They move up a second time in about a half hour to 109 and p/u WR- Jason Avant, out of Mich.

Good call GKJ! Now lets see ya pick today's Game 5 final score.

kingjdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 10:53 AM
leclairsavestheday

Send a message via AIM to leclairsavestheday
First draft ive actually been overtly excited about. For what its worth scouts inc had Justice and Bunkley as early first rounders, Gilles as a late first rounder, Avant as a late second rounder, and Gocong as second to third rounder.

Also, I love the eagles taking players from FSU USC Georgia Michigan and... Cal Poly

leclairsavestheday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 11:26 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Before the first hour of the draft’s second day had elapsed, the Eagles had made three trades and parted with defensive tackle Hollis Thomas and guard Artis Hicks.
Comcast Sportsnet

swflyers8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 11:51 AM
FlyersHomer DM03

the Eagles drafted Jason Avant...

who was clearly out of bounds when Penn State played in Ann Arbor this past season

If you guys draft a guy who needs big ten officiating to bail him out, he shouldnt be in the NFL

I'm glad my team didn't get him

Every time I watch an Eagles game and Avant makes a catch during his hopefully short and injury riddled career, I will yell "out of bounds" no matter what the circumstance

for Penn State should've been undefeated this season, and this ******* and his buddy big ten officials are the reason why

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 02:53 PM
i am dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHomer DM03
the Eagles drafted Jason Avant...

who was clearly out of bounds when Penn State played in Ann Arbor this past season

If you guys draft a guy who needs big ten officiating to bail him out, he shouldnt be in the NFL

I'm glad my team didn't get him

Every time I watch an Eagles game and Avant makes a catch during his hopefully short and injury riddled career, I will yell "out of bounds" no matter what the circumstance

for Penn State should've been undefeated this season, and this ******* and his buddy big ten officials are the reason why

Relax man. I'm a Penn State Alum, I was just as livid during "toe... heel... toe... heel." But it's over now. Move on. That "catch" was not the only officiating blunder that game. There was also the non-fumble, and of course, still wanting my 2 seconds back. Let's look forward to next year though.

And go Birds!

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2006, 03:46 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
i can't believe you're a 'skins fan too...
Damn, we just can't get rid of each other.....lol

Quote:
do you hate the coaches/management of every team you're a fan of?
Only the ones in which coaches/management continue to bumble everything up. The 'Skins gave away their first round pick this year for a quarterback who we're not sure when he's going to play. Their 2nd round pick is a linebacker who has a history of injury, their 3rd was dealt for Brandon Lloyd - he of the "we're better off without T.O" and then proceeds to stink up the joint. Our fourth was sent to Denver in the Jason Campbell deal, our fifth round choice was for a defensive lineman who could have been signed as an unrestricted free agent. So, I think you can see why I'm a bit upset with the 'Skins, especially when there were so many other better players available in the 2nd round. But, that's just me. I try to have high expectations for all the management/coaching staffs of the teams that I'm a fan of and when I see them consistently drop the ball, then yeah, I'm gonna get mad. That's the fun part about being a fan.

Quote:
the 'skins group is a complete misfit operation, but Gibbs knows how to coach... he needed to adjust, and is still doing so, but he knows what he's about.
Oh, completely agree about the skins group being a complete misfit operation. The thing that worries me is the salary cap trouble this team is going to get into. You'd think the Skins would have watched the mess that Cerrato created when he was in San Fransisco and instead, they bring him onboard to help out. As for Gibbs, great coach, not a great GM or president though. But, he's got the history to back him up, so he'll always continue to get the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
anyway: i think the Eagles did an excellent job in the first day.
Agreed. They're going to be really tough to beat. The only thing I question about the Eagles is that they don't have an every down running back and they don't have a game breaking receiver. That's the one thing I feel real comfortable about with the 'Skins. We've got Portis, we've got Moss, and we've got the most underrated tight end in the game in Chris Cooley. Everyone talks about Gates and Gonzalez, but Cooley is right up there with them.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote