HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Top-10 scorers in the Q next season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-21-2012, 03:33 PM
  #51
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
Charles Hudon has a terrible team this year, might not be top 15.

No one has mentionned Mentha in the honorable mentions??? He might surprise you guys...

If Grigorenko ins't back, with Sorensen at centre and Kucherov on the RW, although Duclair is a 2 way player, he might squeek into the top 10. All depends if Roy gives him more D responsibility or not.

I hear the Mooseheads will be playing more of a team game next season, knowing their weaknesses is on D. Hence, alghough Mackinnon, Frk and Drouin will rack it up, they might not be the top guys, since they'll be required to cover both ends of the ice.
1- chicoutimi won't be close to terrible. Middle of the pack team.

Hudon will play with Asselin and sedlak again, I didn't know they got worst.

lol @ duclair 2 way player.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 04:41 AM
  #52
hockey365
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North of MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
What sources I'm a Moose fan who's on every (english) board and reads the paper about recent news lol. The last time I listened to someone "Sources" on here Ben Duffy to Halifax was signed and done...

And if there is a D that we want, unless it involves Gillard, Quebec can have him as we have a logjam on D now. I'd rather go after a top 6/9 forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
1- chicoutimi won't be close to terrible. Middle of the pack team.

Hudon will play with Asselin and sedlak again, I didn't know they got worst.

lol @ duclair 2 way player.

I was comparing Chicoutimi's team to last year's. They won't be as gifted and deep as last year's. 1 line offensive threat won't do it in their division.

And middle of the pack, to me, sounds like they'll sale 1 of their top guy at trading deadline for prospects and draft picks..... Hence, will have a worst 2nd half.

I didn't say Duclair was the "best 2-way player", but he does hustle back to help out on D. Not the best in defending his zone as well, but he did contribute, considering he was 16 last season and still has much to learn. And his efforts in helping on D got him at +30 something.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind having him on your team (Chicoutimi)!


Last edited by hockey365: 08-22-2012 at 04:47 AM.
hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 04:55 AM
  #53
hockey365
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North of MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Duclair ain't no 2 way player...
He could be a fantastic one of he wanted to be.... He's not the worst player in his own zone but by no means is he a 2way player...
Then, blame it on the coach, if he has the tools to do something and is not doing it! He's not the best 2 way player, but he does hustle back to cover the Ds. That's all they asked of him last season. Give him 2 to 3 more yrs in this league and we'll talk.

Last year, he didn't play PK, I hear they'll teach him how to play PK in this league. He has the tools to be a very good 2-way players, the coaching staff is taking their time on developping him.

Same for Drouin, more 2-way responsibilities this coming season. He was fantastic in PK at the U-18.

hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 04:59 AM
  #54
hockey365
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North of MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Well we can't make any trades until December, although we can deal 20's. But i'd like to see how our D now hold up as there is a lot of potential and of course experience with 5 returnees.
Don't get me wrong, you have a very good group on D. But they are looking for that 1 D that will put them over the top. Same with Qc. You also have Lovell, this kid is a pure athlete, he can become a monster in this league, if he listens to his coaches and works his butt off.

Your strengths are up front and in goals, D-man, as a group is above average not elite. On Qc side, above average in goals and same on D. These 2 teams should be top in the Q league, but as of today, on paper, they both think, that's not enough to win the Mem Cup. That's their objectives.


Last edited by hockey365: 08-22-2012 at 11:51 AM.
hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:58 PM
  #55
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
Then, blame it on the coach, if he has the tools to do something and is not doing it! He's not the best 2 way player, but he does hustle back to cover the Ds. That's all they asked of him last season. Give him 2 to 3 more yrs in this league and we'll talk.

Last year, he didn't play PK, I hear they'll teach him how to play PK in this league. He has the tools to be a very good 2-way players, the coaching staff is taking their time on developping him.

Same for Drouin, more 2-way responsibilities this coming season. He was fantastic in PK at the U-18.
I don't think u read my post...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 08:53 AM
  #56
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post

Your strengths are up front and in goals, D-man, as a group is above average not elite. On Qc side, above average in goals and same on D. These 2 teams should be top in the Q league, but as of today, on paper, they both think, that's not enough to win the Mem Cup. That's their objectives.
This D-Men group was 8th in GAA last season, so I would not put them at all as above average.
The fact is that at least 6-7 teams got as good or better D than they have.

Getting back to the scoring race, I personally expect O'Brien to finish top and Hynes/Bissonnette to end in the top-5.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 11:33 AM
  #57
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
This D-Men group was 8th in GAA last season, so I would not put them at all as above average.
The fact is that at least 6-7 teams got as good or better D than they have.

Getting back to the scoring race, I personally expect O'Brien to finish top and Hynes/Bissonnette to end in the top-5.
I say O'Brien second to Mac, then Hynes, then Drouin. I expect Bissonette to be around 8-12. I realize he has great chemistry with O'Brien but this is the way I see it.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 11:35 AM
  #58
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I say O'Brien second to Mac, then Hynes, then Drouin. I expect Bissonette to be around 8-12. I realize he has great chemistry with O'Brien but this is the way I see it.
Actually bump everyone down a spot. Grigorenko first.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 12:22 PM
  #59
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Actually bump everyone down a spot. Grigorenko first.
non with a long pro camp + rookie camp + a month off to WJC I doubt Grigo ends first.

probably O'brien in Mac makes WJC

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:05 PM
  #60
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
Don't get me wrong, you have a very good group on D. But they are looking for that 1 D that will put them over the top. Same with Qc. You also have Lovell, this kid is a pure athlete, he can become a monster in this league, if he listens to his coaches and works his butt off.

Your strengths are up front and in goals, D-man, as a group is above average not elite. On Qc side, above average in goals and same on D. These 2 teams should be top in the Q league, but as of today, on paper, they both think, that's not enough to win the Mem Cup. That's their objectives.
Lefebvre is a top 5 D in the league. I don't think they're looking for a #1 D. #2-3 would be what they're looking for.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:24 PM
  #61
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,777
vCash: 500
From Willy Palov from the Halifax Herald.

10. Anthony Duclair, Quebec Remparts: The high-flying winger posted 66 points in 63 games as a rookie last year and will get first-line and top power-play duties this season. Duclair is also surrounded by numerous big-time players in Quebec so he’ll get more than his share of secondary assists.

9. Ben Duffy, P.E.I. Rocket: The Lower Sackville native is clearly the most dangerous threat on the rebuilding Rocket so he will have a defensive shadow just about everywhere he goes this year. However, he faced that obstacle last year and still managed to post his second straight 80-plus point season.

8. Matthew Bissonnette, Bathurst Titan: As part of a line with Zach O’Brien and Sebastien Trudeau last season, Bissonnette finished 10th in league scoring. He is now 20 years old and once again has O’Brien as a linemate.

7. Jonathan Huberdeau, Saint John Sea Dogs: The 19-year-old’s place on this list comes with a huge asterisk. It’s possible the NHL settles its labour dispute and Huberdeau is recalled to the Florida Panthers. They’ve already made it clear he will be on their team if there is a season so he might be on borrowed time in Saint John. But if the lockout isn’t resolved and the NHL season is cancelled, Huberdeau automatically becomes the Q’s best player.

But even in that situation, there are reasons why he might have a hard time making it to the top of the scoring ladder. Most importantly, he will certainly miss time because of the world juniors. But he is also Saint John’s only major scoring threat this year so he will get even more blanket defensive coverage. Those two factors will impact his production.

6. Mikhail Grigorenko, Quebec Remparts: Grigorenko finished eighth in the scoring race as a rookie last year but only appeared in 58 games because of the world juniors. He will operate in a similar framework this season, but is a year older and better.

5. Nathan MacKinnon, Halifax Mooseheads: MacKinnon is in the conversation with Huberdeau as the best player in the league but may also miss about 10 games because of world juniors. If he makes the Canadian team and is gone for a month, his numbers will suffer.

4. Brandon Hynes, Bathurst Titan: The overage sharpshooter finished seventh in the 2011-12 scoring race while with the Victoriaville Tigres. He replaces Trudeau on the line with O’Brien and Bissonnette so expect him to pick up where Trudeau left off.

3. Alex and Allain Saulnier, Moncton Wildcats: I’m going to take two for the price of one here because the 20-year-old twins are inseparable in the way the Sedins do everything together with the Vancouver Canucks. The Saulniers have a better supporting cast this year so should get more room to manoeuvre.

2. Jonathan Drouin, Halifax Mooseheads: The sensational 17-year-old started his sophomore season like a man possessed and I really don’t see him slowing down. With the way he’s playing, there’s an outside chance he could get an invitation to the world junior tryout camp. But Team Canada doesn’t usually like to have too many young players on the team so he’s a big long shot to make the final roster. That should make Drouin available for almost all of Halifax’s games, especially since he doesn’t play the kind of game that makes him susceptible to injury.

1. Zach O’Brien, Bathurst Titan: The highly skilled Newfoundlander finished second to Gourde with 101 points last year so I don’t see why he would take a step backwards as a 20-year-old this year.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 06:54 PM
  #62
wingmanpei
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PEI, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
Duffy's going to get 130 points this year....it's true...Savard says so

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 11:53 AM
  #63
hockey365
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North of MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogle122 View Post
From Willy Palov from the Halifax Herald.

10. Anthony Duclair, Quebec Remparts: The high-flying winger posted 66 points in 63 games as a rookie last year and will get first-line and top power-play duties this season. Duclair is also surrounded by numerous big-time players in Quebec so he’ll get more than his share of secondary assists.

9. Ben Duffy, P.E.I. Rocket: The Lower Sackville native is clearly the most dangerous threat on the rebuilding Rocket so he will have a defensive shadow just about everywhere he goes this year. However, he faced that obstacle last year and still managed to post his second straight 80-plus point season.

8. Matthew Bissonnette, Bathurst Titan: As part of a line with Zach O’Brien and Sebastien Trudeau last season, Bissonnette finished 10th in league scoring. He is now 20 years old and once again has O’Brien as a linemate.

7. Jonathan Huberdeau, Saint John Sea Dogs: The 19-year-old’s place on this list comes with a huge asterisk. It’s possible the NHL settles its labour dispute and Huberdeau is recalled to the Florida Panthers. They’ve already made it clear he will be on their team if there is a season so he might be on borrowed time in Saint John. But if the lockout isn’t resolved and the NHL season is cancelled, Huberdeau automatically becomes the Q’s best player.

But even in that situation, there are reasons why he might have a hard time making it to the top of the scoring ladder. Most importantly, he will certainly miss time because of the world juniors. But he is also Saint John’s only major scoring threat this year so he will get even more blanket defensive coverage. Those two factors will impact his production.

6. Mikhail Grigorenko, Quebec Remparts: Grigorenko finished eighth in the scoring race as a rookie last year but only appeared in 58 games because of the world juniors. He will operate in a similar framework this season, but is a year older and better.

5. Nathan MacKinnon, Halifax Mooseheads: MacKinnon is in the conversation with Huberdeau as the best player in the league but may also miss about 10 games because of world juniors. If he makes the Canadian team and is gone for a month, his numbers will suffer.

4. Brandon Hynes, Bathurst Titan: The overage sharpshooter finished seventh in the 2011-12 scoring race while with the Victoriaville Tigres. He replaces Trudeau on the line with O’Brien and Bissonnette so expect him to pick up where Trudeau left off.

3. Alex and Allain Saulnier, Moncton Wildcats: I’m going to take two for the price of one here because the 20-year-old twins are inseparable in the way the Sedins do everything together with the Vancouver Canucks. The Saulniers have a better supporting cast this year so should get more room to manoeuvre.

2. Jonathan Drouin, Halifax Mooseheads: The sensational 17-year-old started his sophomore season like a man possessed and I really don’t see him slowing down. With the way he’s playing, there’s an outside chance he could get an invitation to the world junior tryout camp. But Team Canada doesn’t usually like to have too many young players on the team so he’s a big long shot to make the final roster. That should make Drouin available for almost all of Halifax’s games, especially since he doesn’t play the kind of game that makes him susceptible to injury.

1. Zach O’Brien, Bathurst Titan: The highly skilled Newfoundlander finished second to Gourde with 101 points last year so I don’t see why he would take a step backwards as a 20-year-old this year.
Bump Grigorenko up a couple spots, after 4 games, he's 2nd in the league, plus with no NHL in sight, he'll be in Qc for a while. His camarade (Kucherov) is on his way back, skating. I believe he'll remain in the upwards of 2.5 PPG. With Duclair being injured, I sense Grigs will continue to play on 2 lines for a while, question of racking up the wins early, as Roy is aware that he has the potential of losing Erne, Rioux, Grigs, Kucherov and Duclair around Christmas and/or NHL post lockout.

Bump Duclair a couple spots down, will be missing about a month of play (10 to 12 games) due to injury. Re-evaluate his standings when he comes back. He might come back with fire in his eyes, since he's a natural competitor.

Bump Drouin & Mackinnon down 1 to 3 spots, the Maritimes division won't be as easy as we first thought. As the season progresses, I expect teams within the division to close it up and scores to drop.

IMO!


Last edited by hockey365: 10-02-2012 at 12:06 PM.
hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 08:19 PM
  #64
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,960
vCash: 500
Just looking at the top scorers and was very surprised... No Zdrahal and Zboril! Can't believe it after their incredible pre-season , production has decreased.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.