HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane Proposal Thread (keep it here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Zhamnov10

vCash: 500
Evander Kane Proposal Thread (keep it here)

From Winnipeg
Evander Kane
Paul Postma

From Vancouver
Alex Edler
Zach Kassian

Old
08-24-2012, 02:24 PM
rajuabju

I dont see the Jets going for this

Old
08-24-2012, 02:25 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
From Winnipeg
Evander Kane
Paul Postma

From Vancouver
Alex Edler
Zach Kassian
What's the point of Winnipeg doing it? So we can have 4 top pairing defensemen and no top line LW?

Old
08-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Cogburn

Sucks giving up Kassian and Edler...but Kane...wow.

I don't know why the Jets would want Edler as a centerpiece of the return though. Kassian adds value, but I really don't see anyone in Winnipeg going for this.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

No go from a Jets perspective. I don't see the club making any significant moves before the season.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Joe Hallenback

If you want Kane start with Kesler and add

Old
08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
What's the point of Winnipeg doing it? So we can have 4 top pairing defensemen and no top line LW?
Plus Edler is a UFA after this year

Old
08-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Zhamnov10

My trade is on the premise that Kane wants out of Winnipeg, I personally think Edler is the exact type of defenseman we need to complete our d corps,kassian fills a huge need on the right side size,toughness,goal scoring ability.I think Kane is way overated,he has some of the tools size,speed, and shot,but his ability to play with other players is a big issue because of his cockiness and lack of hockey sense.kane is not going to be in Winnipeg for a long time wether he signs a long term contract or not.kassian has not yet reached even close to his full potential I think many people don't take that into account.I agree Edlers ufa status is an issue but could be negotiated.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
I think I would do this, although I doubt Winnipeg would.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:58 PM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

I'd love Kane here, but...for that price...really dunno. I'm really loathe to lose either Edler or Kassian. Not saying the Jets wouldn't be entitled to ask for that or that Kane wouldn't be worth it...but...yeah. Edler's debatably our #1 dman, and Kassian's such a wild card right now that I'd prefer to keep him.

Pains me to do it, and I'm right on the fence with this one, but I'd have to very tentatively and politely decline.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
My trade is on the premise that Kane wants out of Winnipeg, I personally think Edler is the exact type of defenseman we need to complete our d corps,kassian fills a huge need on the right side size,toughness,goal scoring ability.I think Kane is way overated,he has some of the tools size,speed, and shot,but his ability to play with other players is a big issue because of his cockiness and lack of hockey sense.kane is not going to be in Winnipeg for a long time wether he signs a long term contract or not.kassian has not yet reached even close to his full potential I think many people don't take that into account.I agree Edlers ufa status is an issue but could be negotiated.
Although pretty much all trade discussions on this forum are based on people's emotions, it seems like you have really let personal feelings (some which have no factual basis), really cloud your perception.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
same could be said for kane.

Kassian.. is not worth what many seem to still think he is. Sure he's not bad for what he is, but he certainly hasn't been showcasing that goal scoring ability.

Nothing of realistic value in vancouver would get kane from winnipeg IMO. the sedins don't fit the timeline. Keslers got his injury (though he's probably safe). Edler, though good, is at a position we don't need to fill. Nothing else on the roster comes close, it becomes quality for quantity and that's not going to fly. We don't need one of the goalies either.

Please don't mistake this as vancouver not having pieces that are Worth kane, they certainly do, they just don't have pieces that FIT

Old
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
So you couldn't just trade one of those 4 dmen to get that winger?

Also I wouldn't do this.

Old
Chronos1337

Let's preface this with saying Kane rumours are false.

Now, if Kane were to be traded we can end up with a lot more than 1yr of Edler and Kassian.

Van isn't really a good trading partner and if we assume the rumour about him wanting to be the face of a franchise is true, he isn't going to go to Van.

Also Edler isn't useful to us at all. He would be the 3rd top pairing quality RH D-man we'd have (Buff, Bogo)

So, I would easily decline this

Old
08-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

I actually think the value in the trade is pretty close. Good job. It may seem like you are a bit displeased with Kane, referring to him as cocky. But aside from that, the lack of hockey sense is bang on. I've felt the same watching him...And he may want out. So I understand the reasoning behind the deal as well.

Pretty good proposal.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

i think the amount of canuks fans admitting "i'd do this but winnipeg won't" lets you know where this proposal stands...

Old
08-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Noah23

Evander Kane Deals (keep 'em here)

To Winni - Simon Despres/Joe Morrow, 1st Round Pick 2013 and Beau Bennet

To Pittsburgh - Evander Kane

Old
08-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

what a travesty.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Noah23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
what a travesty.
lol I don't think Pittsburgh really has the pieces to get Kane, I'm just wondering

Old
08-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Old
08-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Although pretty much all trade discussions on this forum are based on people's emotions, it seems like you have really let personal feelings (some which have no factual basis), really cloud your perception.
What's factual is sitting 2rows behind the jets bench for 20 games and watching the relationship Kane has with his coach and teammates and realizing Kane has a huge ego that just doesn't seem to work on this team or in this city.i was most excited to see Kane play last year but quickly realized he will never be the face of any franchise,especially not one based out of Winnipeg.But I thank you for questioning my knowledge of situations and assuming my thoughts are based on twitter rumors.winnipeg is a small city if you don't think that some people actually know people associated with the jets without having any celeb status you are sorely mistaken!

Old
08-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos1337 View Post

Now, if Kane were to be traded we can end up with a lot more than 1yr of Edler and Kassian.

Van isn't really a good trading partner and if we assume the rumour about him wanting to be the face of a franchise is true, he isn't going to go to Van.

Also Edler isn't useful to us at all. He would be the 3rd top pairing quality RH D-man we'd have (Buff, Bogo)

Edler is a LHD.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah23 View Post
lol I don't think Pittsburgh really has the pieces to get Kane, I'm just wondering
fair enough. i think now that Staal is gone, the Pens need to wait for Despres/Morrow/Bennett to develop and become more valuable trade assets before they can land a someone big. in the interim i think Shero targets a mid-level winger rather than a star/up-and-coming star.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

No way Winnipeg would take this, if Kane was available I can think of 28 other teams that'd be lining up at the door with better offers.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos1337 View Post

Edler shoots left and would pair nicely with bogo or buff

Closed Thread