HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Yann Danis

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 03:41 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Yann Danis

Who is this kid, does any NHL team own his rights? He's off to a great start this year, and so is Brown.

As a Freshman and Sophmore

2001-2002 24 11 10 2 .522 3 1.86 .938
2002-2003 34 15 14 5 .515 5 2.31 .929
2003-2004 8 6-1-1 6 0.74 3 .975

Damn those are some good numbers.

Also any info on Brown's Brain Ihnacak (freshman) and Lake Superior's Jeff Jakaitis (freshman) Both seem to be doing well so far.

Old
12-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Who is this kid, does any NHL team own his rights? He's off to a great start this year, and so is Brown.

As a Freshman and Sophmore

2001-2002 24 11 10 2 .522 3 1.86 .938
2002-2003 34 15 14 5 .515 5 2.31 .929
2003-2004 8 6-1-1 6 0.74 3 .975

Damn those are some good numbers.

Also any info on Brown's Brain Ihnacak (freshman) and Lake Superior's Jeff Jakaitis (freshman) Both seem to be doing well so far.
You must've missed my post over in the prospects area about Danis.

Danis is not property of any NHL team...yet. Ihnacak will be eligible for the 2004 draft and could get a good-looking at between now and then by several NHL teams' scouts. If memory serves me correctly, I believe Jakitis will be eligible as well.

I've yet to see either Brown or LSSU this season, so I can't really tell you anything about the aforementioned players that would be much help to you. Sorry. When I do, I'll post a report on them.

Old
12-03-2003, 05:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
You must've missed my post over in the prospects area about Danis.

Danis is not property of any NHL team...yet. Ihnacak will be eligible for the 2004 draft and could get a good-looking at between now and then by several NHL teams' scouts. If memory serves me correctly, I believe Jakitis will be eligible as well.

I've yet to see either Brown or LSSU this season, so I can't really tell you anything about the aforementioned players that would be much help to you. Sorry. When I do, I'll post a report on them.

I did miss it I guess. I'll look for it. I'm surprised at how well Brown is doing, so when I started looking over their roster, I see that Danis is putting up some sick numbers. I hope to see Brown play at some point, thanks for the info. Lake Superior I doubt I'll get to see unless CSTV shows them, but he's doing well so far.

Old
12-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I did miss it I guess. I'll look for it. I'm surprised at how well Brown is doing, so when I started looking over their roster, I see that Danis is putting up some sick numbers. I hope to see Brown play at some point, thanks for the info. Lake Superior I doubt I'll get to see unless CSTV shows them, but he's doing well so far.
I'm not surprised at all. Brown was quite good down the stretch last season. They were just starting to put it all together when playoff time came around. So if you followed either Brown and/or the ECAC last season, you knew that it was only going to be a matter of time before Brown would pick up from where they left off. They had a fairly decent incoming freshman class this season, most notably Ihnacak.

IMHO, the biggest surprise is just how well Danis has played so far. He exceeded mine and many who follow not only the ECAC but NCAA hockey in general's expectations as well.

The Subway Holiday Classic should be a great holiday tourney to watch if both UND and Brown continue to play the way they have been because it could pit arguably the best offensive team in the nation in UND against arguably the best defensive team in the nation in Brown. The pity of it is though is that it isn't being carried on either CSTV nor Fox Sports Net (I checked it out).

Old
12-04-2003, 11:35 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
I'm not surprised at all. Brown was quite good down the stretch last season. They were just starting to put it all together when playoff time came around. So if you followed either Brown and/or the ECAC last season, you knew that it was only going to be a matter of time before Brown would pick up from where they left off. They had a fairly decent incoming freshman class this season, most notably Ihnacak.

IMHO, the biggest surprise is just how well Danis has played so far. He exceeded mine and many who follow not only the ECAC but NCAA hockey in general's expectations as well.

The Subway Holiday Classic should be a great holiday tourney to watch if both UND and Brown continue to play the way they have been because it could pit arguably the best offensive team in the nation in UND against arguably the best defensive team in the nation in Brown. The pity of it is though is that it isn't being carried on either CSTV nor Fox Sports Net (I checked it out).

Well this will sound stupid, but last year I followed Yale closely (Higgins), but I never really paid attention to any other teams outside the ones I watched on directv, which does show a lot more college hockey then I would have ever though. Sometimes I would get as many as 4 games on the weekends. I wasn't much of a college fan until then, as I got every UMinn game and very much enjoyed watching Vanek hit the back of the net so much. So now I get to actually see some games (plus the NCAA is where my hockey career ended. ) I have been really interested in their games. But you do some great game reports, which are very imformative wether they watched the game or not.

I've been waiting all year for the Holiday Classic, as Cornell is the team I an most interested in and will finally get to see them play.

Closed Thread