HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane Proposal Thread (keep it here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Noah23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
No way Winnipeg would take this, if Kane was available I can think of 28 other teams that'd be lining up at the door with better offers.

Not saying they can't exist but can you contribute to a convo here and name a couple of these 28 deals?

Old
08-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Pittsburgh's only piece that could've gotten Kane was a signed Staal. Had we signed Staal and then traded him to Winnipeg it would've worked.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
i think the amount of canuks fans admitting "i'd do this but winnipeg won't" lets you know where this proposal stands...

They're not exactly stating why. If you actually evaluate the proposal based on value, it's not far off either way. Obviously there would have to be a verbal agreement for Edler to sign long-term, but beyond that, the value is there.

This is a well reasoned proposal Zhamnov10. It may not address exact needs, but the value in player assets is comparable IMO.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:27 PM
JS19
Pls Sharks win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
If you want Kane start with Kesler and add
That's a bit of wishful thinking on your behalf...Kane for Kesler+ is unrealistic.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
They're not exactly stating why. If you actually evaluate the proposal based on value, it's not far off either way. Obviously there would have to be a verbal agreement for Edler to sign long-term, but beyond that, the value is there.

This is a well reasoned proposal Zhamnov10. It may not address exact needs, but the value in player assets is comparable IMO.
If Edler were signed(which might happen in the next week or two) then I think Winnipeg would have to add.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Noah23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Pittsburgh's only piece that could've gotten Kane was a signed Staal. Had we signed Staal and then traded him to Winnipeg it would've worked.
I thought about that as well

Old
08-24-2012, 02:30 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Am I the only Canuck fan that thinks Kane is overrated?

He's got great tools, but his hockey sense isn't there. The last thing the Canucks need is another high priced forward with all the tools that doesn't use his linemates well. It just doesn't mix with the needs of this team.

While Kane overall is much more valuable than Kassian, I'd rather wait for Kassian to develop. He showed good playmaking ability in his short time last year and uses his linemates - that's the type of forward we need. Adding Kane to a top-6 that includes Kesler (who's a better overall player right now) and Booth, gives you 3 top-6 guys that play an individual game, don't use their linemates well and have limited hockey sense, especially with playmaking ability.

Kane wants big money now and isn't that great a fit in Vancouver. Sure he has all the tools, but as Canucks fans we see first hand what having all the tools without being able to use your linemates and playing an individual game does to overall team chemistry.

We need a #1 dman who can run a PP and log 25+mins/night *much, much* more than we need another top-6 player with great physical tools who plays with blinders on, on the ice. We need a top-6 winger who can provide the playmaking ability that guys like Kesler and Booth need much more than another guy who won't use his linemates well and is being paid big money based on potential.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:33 PM
gdsmack267

1. Jets wouldnt take this now with the risk of prospects failing

2. Pitt isnt going to give up 3 first round picks for Kane. Especially ones with high potential like Morrow and Despres

Old
08-24-2012, 02:35 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah23 View Post
I thought about that as well
I hoped for this.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post

I really appreciate some positive feedback this is all in good fun,I agree we would be left with a hole on the left side,I'm not sure how to address that I think once we figure out what we have in burmistrov and Scheifele a player like Little could become expendable to trade.Little and 2nd would garner a pretty good player if a team was needing a centremen,or burmistrov plus for a guy like Bobby Ryan.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:37 PM
jboknows

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
1. Jets wouldnt take this now with the risk of prospects failing

2. Pitt isnt going to give up 3 first round picks for Kane. Especially ones with high potential like Morrow and Despres
I disagree with #2 - pits would be all over this deal in my opinion

Old
08-24-2012, 02:38 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhamnov10 View Post
what's factual is sitting 2rows behind the jets bench for 20 games and watching the relationship kane has with his coach and teammates and realizing kane has a huge ego that just doesn't seem to work on this team or in this city.i was most excited to see kane play last year but quickly realized he will never be the face of any franchise,especially not one based out of winnipeg.but i thank you for questioning my knowledge of situations and assuming my thoughts are based on twitter rumors.winnipeg is a small city if you don't think that some people actually know people associated with the jets without having any celeb status you are sorely mistaken!
Watch out. He's been to 20 games. This guy's opinion can now be accepted as fact.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
kammyBlazer*

since when is Kane worth Edler+ or Kesler+?

what has he done to prove that hes worth more?

that being said, the jets wouldn't part with kane

Old
08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
hefsbeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
That's a bit of wishful thinking on your behalf...Kane for Kesler+ is unrealistic.
Thank you

Old
08-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
I really appreciate some positive feedback this is all in good fun,I agree we would be left with a hole on the left side,I'm not sure how to address that I think once we figure out what we have in burmistrov and Scheifele a player like Little could become expendable to trade.Little and 2nd would garner a pretty good player if a team was needing a centremen,or burmistrov plus for a guy like Bobby Ryan.
Sorry just noticed you were a Canucks fan and you were probably talking about your teams needs.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Out of curiousity, where can Kane expect to be the face of the franchise? In Vancouver it may be another 5-10 years before he becomes our best player.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Not a chance in hell the Jets accept this deal

Old
08-24-2012, 02:51 PM
LeX4cavalier

It would probably take Neal + Morrow to get Kane

Old
08-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Zbynek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
bit of an exaggeration, but yeah, basically

Old
08-24-2012, 02:56 PM
AEKaki

Quote:
Why don't you add Malkin to that while you're at it?
C'Mon!! Lol

Neal for Kane straight up, the Pens don't do it.
It's hard find great fits. Neal is a great fit in Pitt.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:57 PM
whoshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
Am I the only Canuck fan that thinks Kane is overrated?

He's got great tools, but his hockey sense isn't there. The last thing the Canucks need is another high priced forward with all the tools that doesn't use his linemates well. It just doesn't mix with the needs of this team.

While Kane overall is much more valuable than Kassian, I'd rather wait for Kassian to develop. He showed good playmaking ability in his short time last year and uses his linemates - that's the type of forward we need. Adding Kane to a top-6 that includes Kesler (who's a better overall player right now) and Booth, gives you 3 top-6 guys that play an individual game, don't use their linemates well and have limited hockey sense, especially with playmaking ability.

Kane wants big money now and isn't that great a fit in Vancouver. Sure he has all the tools, but as Canucks fans we see first hand what having all the tools without being able to use your linemates and playing an individual game does to overall team chemistry.

We need a #1 dman who can run a PP and log 25+mins/night *much, much* more than we need another top-6 player with great physical tools who plays with blinders on, on the ice. We need a top-6 winger who can provide the playmaking ability that guys like Kesler and Booth need much more than another guy who won't use his linemates well and is being paid big money based on potential.
No you're not. I think Kane is slightly being overrated but I also think fans are heavily devaluing Canuck players, including our own Canuck fans.

I think Edler really does get ragged on here a lot and Kassian isn't too popular because of the whole Hodgson fiasco. But both of these guys have enormous potential and already fit the future needs of this team perfectly well. There isn't a point in trading 2 positions of need away for 1 position of need that may not even gel with the players around him.

I'm not willing to give up on Edler yet. He may have had an average or mediocre season but he also had injury problems (his hand injury threw him off completely) and played alongside unstable partners throughout the end of the year. He still has the ability to become an amazing player and if you look on the bright side, his off-year will make him easier to resign at fair value.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:57 PM
BigAndy32

Quote:
Wow ... lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Kane is good. But I take Neal over Kane every day of the week and twice on Sundays ... let alone adding Morrow.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:01 PM
nmbr_24

I am really trying but I don't see a deal here, Jets want to make the playoffs this year so I would imagine that even if they were forced to deal Kane it would have to be a player who is relatively comparable that is coming back.

And I would take Kane over Neal any day. He has the potential to be much more and at the least they are equal.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:02 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyOwnsYou View Post
Wow ... lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Kane is good. But I take Neal over Kane every day of the week and twice on Sundays ... let alone adding Morrow.
Id easily take Kane over Neal.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:03 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEKaki View Post
Why don't you add Malkin to that while you're at it?
C'Mon!! Lol

Neal for Kane straight up, the Pens don't do it.
It's hard find great fits. Neal is a great fit in Pitt.
The Pens don't do it straight up?? Kane is 4 years younger, and Neal was much worse than Kane at the same age. Kane has more intangibles and would easily put up 70+ points playing with Crosby/Malkin. The Pens overpay, but it would take an overpayment. Fair value is probably Neal + Bortuzzo + 3rd

Closed Thread