HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane Proposal Thread (keep it here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Crymson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Pittsburgh's only piece that could've gotten Kane was a signed Staal. Had we signed Staal and then traded him to Winnipeg it would've worked.
You'd have needed to throw in other assets as well.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
https://twitter.com/WiebeSunSports/s...72052462628864

Kane hasn't asked to be traded. The Jets will sign him. They take their time at these things; Bogo was signed the day prior to training camp. Why would they trade a young kid they have under their control for several more years?

This thread seems a waste of time.

BTW, Kane's agent just happens to be from.... Winnipeg.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:15 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
You'd have needed to throw in other assets as well.
Well, no ****.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:15 PM
palindrom

If they do the trade now, What happen when after a year long lockout Edler sign back as UFA summer 2013 with Vancouver? (or any other team, without playing a single game with Winnipeg)

Old
08-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyOwnsYou View Post
Wow ... lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Kane is good. But I take Neal over Kane every day of the week and twice on Sundays ... let alone adding Morrow.
You might be the only one.

Neal is good... but let's not forget he's playing with Malkin, before that he was just a 55 point player at best and I highly doubt he will be as good as he was this last year.

He needs to thank Malkin for the contract he got.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:25 PM
ronnyweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
If they do the trade now, What happen when after a year long lockout Edler sign back as UFA summer 2013 with Vancouver? (or any other team, without playing a single game with Winnipeg)
With a looming lockout, players who are 1 year from UFA pretty much hold no trade value right now. Plus no gm is dumb enough to trade for one unless they are confident they can sign him.

They settle the CBA and players 1 year from UFA get alot of value back, especially at the deadline.

Old
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyOwnsYou View Post
Wow ... lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Kane is good. But I take Neal over Kane every day of the week and twice on Sundays ... let alone adding Morrow.
Playing with Malkin does that to people.

Old
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
It would probably take Neal + Morrow to get Kane
Look, Kane is good, don't get me wrong, but to ask for our 24 year old, first team all-star, 40 goal scorer who hits, plays solid two way hockey, AND our top prospect, is a bit outrageous.

Whoever said it first about Staal was right. The trade would've had to have been something involving him unless it involved someone like Sutter + one of Morrow/Despres +.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:27 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Pittsburgh's only piece that could've gotten Kane was a signed Staal. Had we signed Staal and then traded him to Winnipeg it would've worked.
This is pretty much the only scenario that involves the Penguins that would have made any sense for us at this point in time. If Kane requested a trade that's another situation altogether, even in that scenario we would most definitely get more for him than the Penguins have to offer considering our needs.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
With a looming lockout, players who are 1 year from UFA pretty much hold no trade value right now. Plus no gm is dumb enough to trade for one unless they are confident they can sign him.

They settle the CBA and players 1 year from UFA get alot of value back, especially at the deadline.
If they are confident they can sign him. Why trade for him?

They could wait until the player become UFA and sign him without giving any asset.

At least give it a shoot.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

As much as I like Evander Kane I wouldn't trade James Neal for him (not now anyway), James Neal is at his fullest potential right now and Evander Kane is still developing to his potential (he's only 21 years old). In the long run Evander Kane will become a better player than James Neal but right now I would rather have James Neal. He has great chemistry with Malkin.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
My trade is on the premise that Kane wants out of Winnipeg, I personally think Edler is the exact type of defenseman we need to complete our d corps,kassian fills a huge need on the right side size,toughness,goal scoring ability.I think Kane is way overated,he has some of the tools size,speed, and shot,but his ability to play with other players is a big issue because of his cockiness and lack of hockey sense.kane is not going to be in Winnipeg for a long time wether he signs a long term contract or not.kassian has not yet reached even close to his full potential I think many people don't take that into account.I agree Edlers ufa status is an issue but could be negotiated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
What's factual is sitting 2rows behind the jets bench for 20 games and watching the relationship Kane has with his coach and teammates and realizing Kane has a huge ego that just doesn't seem to work on this team or in this city.i was most excited to see Kane play last year but quickly realized he will never be the face of any franchise,especially not one based out of Winnipeg.But I thank you for questioning my knowledge of situations and assuming my thoughts are based on twitter rumors.winnipeg is a small city if you don't think that some people actually know people associated with the jets without having any celeb status you are sorely mistaken!
So, your 1st point is based on Kane wanting out of Winnipeg. Not factual or proven at the moment.

2nd point was Kassian somehow providing a huge presence on the right side, but Kane being overrated. Kassian has played 44 games in the NHL and scored 4 goals. Kane has 3 seasons in the NHL and scored 30 goals last year. So a 30 goal season is overrated but the guy with 4 NHL goals in his career is going to fill a huge need?

Then you say that Kane is not going to be in Winnipeg whether he has a long term contract or not. Maybe, maybe not. But that's not factual. That's your opinion.

Next, is that Kassian has not yet reached his potential. I agree there, but then neither has Kane.

Never mind Edler's UFA status which will somehow be negotiated.

As for your second post, I never said that you based this opinion on twitter rumors. Just that you are letting your own personal opinion of Kane affect your valuation on what would be a good return.

A soon to be UFA and a prospect like Kassian is not a good return for Kane.

Old
08-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Numbers

Canucks are in a win now mode so giving up Edler does not make sense. Also the jets have a solid defence now. The Jets are not going to win the cup next year or the year after, so they should be building more for the future.

Jets

Jensen
Kassian
1st

Van

Kane

Jets get the Canucks 2 best forward prospects and a 1st. Down the road depending how Kassian and Jensen turn out they may win this trade.

Old
08-24-2012, 04:12 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
It would probably take Neal + Morrow to get Kane
Neal is untouchable and is better than Kane. Morrow is also untouchable and the best prospect in our system and has 1st pairing potential. To get Neal alone, the Jets have to add Schiefele.

Old
08-24-2012, 04:12 PM
PATCHESx67

Wpg-ana

Bobby Ryan
Devante Smith-Pelly

Evander Kane
WPG 2013 2nd Round Pick

Old
08-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Canucks are in a win now mode so giving up Edler does not make sense. Also the jets have a solid defence now. The Jets are not going to win the cup next year or the year after, so they should be building more for the future.

Jets

Jensen
Kassian
1st

Van

Kane

Jets get the Canucks 2 best forward prospects and a 1st. Down the road depending how Kassian and Jensen turn out they may win this trade.
I don't know if Kane is a player I would literally sell the farm for, especially not all from the same position. Replace one of those pieces with Connauton and I would do it.

Old
08-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

I'd rather have Kane over Neal, but Neal's chemistry with Malkin is important. Who knows if Kane reproduces that sort of chemistry. Of course, he could always play with Sid as well...

Old
08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
sully1410

Only player is want from the Canucks is Hamhuis, and that's not happening.

Old
08-24-2012, 04:25 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU 2014 - Isles Fan

Wow, if I'm the Jets I take that and run.

Old
08-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

And the kane proposals begin

No thanks to this offer

Old
08-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Meeqsb

Kane to Colorado?

Avs- Hishon, Jones, Pickard

Win- Kane

Thoughts?

Old
08-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Now i would probably do this

Old
08-24-2012, 04:29 PM
sully1410

To Wpg
Orprik(sp)
Sutter
2013 1st+2nd

To Pittsburgh
E. Kane
Cormier
2013 3rd

Old
08-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Do people actually read their proposals before podting them here?
Horrid at best
No thanks to the op

Old
08-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
So you couldn't just trade one of those 4 dmen to get that winger?

Also I wouldn't do this.
trade someone to create a hole so you can trade someone else to fill the hole you just created? that only makes sense on nhl 12

Closed Thread